Guild Wars troops for new players

With Guild Wars now indefinitely suspended, how can new players obtain the troops that were previously only available as guild wars rewards? One of my guildmates needs those troops to unlock kingdom power levels but is locked out from obtaining them.

I’m talking about Aurai, Myzmer, Troglodyte etc.

25 Likes

I was planning to ask the same. The original intention in release 3.0 was that the troops from Guild Wars would rotate out and go into chests.

I suggest that these six troops get moved to regular chests now.

When Guild Wars is reworked, please do not have any exclusive rewards such as these that force players to participate.

9 Likes

They should definitely add the current troops to chests and not have them as rewards when GW returns.

Even as someone who dislikes GW, I don’t agree with this. Having troops that could only be gained from being in GW is a good thing. They’re basically the only reward worth having in the old version, unless you’re in the top brackets, and you always get at least one copy per guild member just for registering, even if nobody plays (as far as I remember), so it’s not like they’re hard to get. They’re just hard to get to mythic, since they require a lot of copies to do so, and not playing in GW means not getting many copies, but we have orbs so it’s not impossible.
They’re like the dooms from ToD, given that earning the dooms works in a similar way.
Even if they add new rewards to GW, I’d still suggest they keep a handful of special troops that can only be earned by participating in GW. Players might grumble at having to register in GW to get a single copy of each and then use orbs to ascend them, but that’s nowhere near as bad as trying to get newer troops like the hoard mimic or the dragons. And if they do engage with GW, they get more copies of the troops.

1 Like

Just correcting this so no one gets the wrong idea - Guild Wars is NOT indefinitely suspended.
We hope to start running it again late this year. Exact date to be confirmed.

With the amount of Troops, Weapons and Pets to collect and content to play through we are not concerned about new players missing out on Guild Wars specific Troops under this timeline.

3 Likes

Troops that are completely unobtainable in a troop collection game should be a concern.
But your mentality explains why the troops only available in Underspire are so extremely difficult to get and why dragon eggs still have no pity meter.
I guess on the players side there’s so many other games out there that Gems of War really shouldn’t be a concern at all to us.

10 Likes

That’s a shame Kafka, but thank you for the response. It would be nice if you could reconsider and make these troops available as a reward elsewhere in the game during the interim period.

4 Likes

As a newer player this just seems horribly disrespectful and flippant to those of us that are still working on collecting these troops. Having to wait a year is insulting.

2 Likes

I’ve had Myzmer drop from Event shops where he was a valid troop. Don’t know if it was a one-off bug or intentional.

1 Like