Guild Wars - Sneak Peek Wrap Up

Just logging in now to make it a little worse for you :smiley:

4 Likes

I still can’t even log in at all. I think it’s on my side, but i’m out of options. :grinning:

Anyways, Guild Wars yeah!

I’m still on-topic.

4 Likes

(Before brackets)

1 Like

Come at me trolls! I’ve got a mythic kraken to slap you lousy landlubbers with

1 Like

Just a little clarification. In the original Sneak Peek it wasn’t about to count against the cap - is there a typo above or have you changed your mind about it?

6 Likes

Thanks for daily defense teams @Sirrian. Any chance we could get more team slots and dedicated team slots between PvP invade and single player, when you update the code to support the daily defense teams?

4 Likes

Can we get an answer about sentinel cost? Has that been changed or not? @Sirrian

2 Likes

I understand people wanted brackets to level out the opposing difficulty, but I was under the impression it was much more for distributing the rewards. Based on info from previous previews this means that no matter how well you do your guild’s reward for the week is effectively fixed at the start of the week. In your own example Sparkle Ponies will finish in the 21-50 bracket for rewards regardless of their performance. You say you can move up or down multiple brackets but don’t want to tell us the how so we can’t game it… just how far a jump is possible? If a guild is sorted in at 1000 is the quest to 400 even feasible? That’s 60 bracket jumps to see a change in rewards.

I don’t understand what the point of these brackets are. It doesn’t change anything. You’re still basically competing for the top prize which will never be achievable for the average guild.

There should be something for the first place of every bracket. It could be even 20-50 gems only and at least it’s SOMETHING. I highly doubt there will be many guilds that would exploit for that tiny of a reward when they’d want to push forward for the big rewards. Just literally any little tiny thing that gives you a goal to top yOur bracket as a midguild

1 Like

@Sirrian,

I’m missing the exact workings of the scoring system.

So far we know

• Winning matches earns you a base amount of points based on the rank of the opponent (Paragon earns you the most).
  • Guild Guardian level influences those points.
  • Chosen attack team influences those points.
  • But didn’t you mention in Sneak Peak II, that you would earn more points for how well you did win? I haven’t read anything about it.

At this point I think we just gotta accept that the team wants to move forward with this.

Sirrian said in the OP that it’s coming soon, so no more time to make changes I assume. After all the changes they have made, and time spent, I can understand why they want to get it out. :smile:

And Sirrian said he tried but couldn’t make rewards work. Just gotta go with the flow.

(Not to be read with anything other than a calm tone) :sweat_smile:

But i’m bummed about it as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for this awesome update @Sirrian!!!

Regarding brackets:

1. Yes, the majority suggested them to better distribute rewards, but…
  2. Dev’s originally claimed brackets were too hard too implement, so…
  3. This is a victory, the hard part is done and…
  4. Once GW rolls out, if rewards are still an issue, I trust the dev’s will consider modifications.

I am very excited about this!!! :wink:

6 Likes

if you consider brackets a matchmaking mechanic, not actual reward distribution mechanic then it makes much more sense

i still wonder will the rewards be worth it more then pre-wrap up (really hope so :slight_smile: )

also i hope that maybe after a while a change can be made in bonus stat points distribution @Sirrian, i think it would increase the amount of sentinel purchases a lot and give much more fun to the players too :wink:

2 Likes

Points are pretty straightforward… everything you mentioned, PLUS a teeny tiny bonus for how many troops you have left after winning. 4 is worth more than 1, obviously! This is not based on how many troops you had DIE, just how many you have LEFT (so a summoner could be handy to squeeze out the last few points)

No it hasn’t.

We’re investigating that. I’m not certain it will be ready for the 3.0 release, but more slots are on the way.

8 Likes

Boba sad :frowning:

3 Likes

When we’re at summons:
we’ll get bonus points for using troops of specific colour. Do I understand correctly that summoned troops colour isn’t important in that regard?

3 Likes

Ugh, drag out victory for bonus points, I was kind of dreading that. Hope we don’t end up also getting a tiny bonus for healing troops back to full, restoring their armor, removing all negative buffs, applying positive buffs, rearranging them by alphabetical order and other shenanigans.

This does provide a rather strong incentive to put as many devour/kill troops as possible into your defense team. It’s not going to win most time anyway, RNG will make your opponents victory worth less quite often though.

1 Like

i think quite opposite:

it says some points are given based on how many troops you have left when the fight finishes, - if - taking these troops colors in consideration then you need to have summoned troop be of the needed color

im not sure, perhaps the colors count on the start of battle while another bonus poins go for the troops that stay after battle - but somehow is think unlikely scenario, will see what devs say :slight_smile:

i think just the troops presence and color is cool enough to have

like an extra skill/luck requirement will make the wars more intense and random - look - the top guilds will have a chance to still fail, thats not a bad thing :wink:

Thanks again @Sirrian & co for listening and reacting to your community feedback, can’t wait to play those guild wars :slight_smile:

5 Likes