Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

Nobody needs to craft troops, not even endgame players. But we all want to get the mythics we’re missing, regardless of whether we’re level 200 or level 1100. And it would be really strange if the crafting mechanic (if it’s introduced) would only be available (resourcelevel-wise) for endgame players. That would open up a whole new load of (justified IMHO) complaints from everyone who’s not a endgame player.
Obviously some new kind of resource is required for this (potentially the new resource coming in Guild Wars would suit this perfectly)…

9 Likes

i think i saw somewhere they mention no intention on makign any more rarity types, when there was the “mass disenchant” discussed and released… ill look for it

edit: found, not as positive as i remmembered it :frowning:

This will never happen, as Mythics will always be very hard to obtain, even for endgame players.
Souls is rarly a problem for endgame players, and have not much value for endgame players. Most endgame players are sitting with hundreds of thousand to milions of souls. Why would the Devs suddenly give a resource that currently has not much value(for endgame players) so much power to create the most valuable troops? As I see it, Arcanes/Gems is the only resources that we have to this day that could be used in crafting troops as Mythics, along with some new resources that hopefully will come soon. Maybe thousands of souls/gold is required also, but that is rather just to decorate the cake with.

4 Likes

They can think about a very expensive Mythic Key/Chest, obtainable only with a huge amount of combined resources (ex. 1.000 gems + 1.000.000 gold + 250k souls) and unlockable only ath very high stages of the game (for example when you have already all legendary troops)

Agree with Studs. It needs to be more than cards. Farming for Traitstones is so boring and so unrewarding that I’m done with it after this one card I’m traiting out for my permanent pvp team.

After that, I’m not bothering. If I don’t get them from chests, then I guess I really don’t need them that much.

Eventually, especially if something happens to tge Guild Alliance I’m in, I won’t really feel the need for anything else in the game if it’s not changed. And that will be far before I reach “end game”

Event snots may be eventually another resource for crafting. At least this could encourage players to actually try events which they currently skip.

4 Likes

@Saltypatra
Can you do something to this thread to clean it up towards it’s original purpose without losing the threads @Sirrian wants to keep please? And then maybe give us a few more details? Since it’s fully implemented there is no need to hide the details.

I don’t think the guild war ‘trophies’ would help, because many will still complain only the top guilds can win the most.

The 3rd ‘central idea’ behind ‘Guild Wars’ that you list is to "…get Guilds talking and coordinating their members’. Will guild chat be robust enough to support this? Also, will there be some way to inform guild members who do not visit chat that there is a request that they do so? There currently is no way to tell who engages and who does not. Will the ability to send a pm to a guild member be instituted? Just some things that would not only add viability to this concept but would assist in other guild activities such as coordinating task goals. Thanks. Isak

3 Likes

I agree with Eika here that it might be a problem using souls as crafting material, because it can be perceived as favoring end gamers. Attraction of new players and retention of end gamers are the key aspects of an enduring online game. The devs certainly know more than us in balancing the two. Many of us here on the forum are end gamers, so we tend to look at things from our perspective, but the devs should not. A crafting system should be universally accessible and perceived to be fair, but at the same time encourages more end gamers than new players in engaging it.

2 Likes

This would be a perfect addition to the update.

2 Likes

yes and to “get Guilds talking and coordinating their members”
we will need/could use a bigger “notification board” for all guild rules and strategy outside of the silly 2 lines on top of current guild chat

5 Likes

Possibly because it feels like the resource most fitting for the purpose. At least to me, souls thematically makes more sense than maps, glory, traitstones, trophies or gold. What I definitely do agree with, it can’t be souls alone, there has to be some other limiting factor to prevent players burning though stockpiles.

Personally, I’d prefer some daily log in related restriction, something like crafting a single common requiring one daily token, crafting a single mythic requiring, say, 60 daily tokens. Add a reasonable soul cost (because troops = souls) and maybe a few gems (because picking the troop you want = premium).

Should work out okay for all players. New players could craft a cheap common/rare/ultra-rare to complete early teams that are missing a synergy troop, about one every few days. Long-time players would save their daily tokens for missing legendary/mythic troops, about one every other month. No P2W, buying souls/gems won’t get you every Mythic in the game on day 1, you still have to collect enough daily tokens first. However, buying souls/gems may allow you to craft the troop you want right when you have collected enough daily tokens, which I’d consider a good thing for games not run on charity.

18 Likes

I actually like this idea a lot.

You touched on another lesser-used/unused currency that actually came to me the other day - daily logins.

We get a few scraps for logging in every day for a week but beyond that, zilch. I honestly can’t say for sure when I started playing (is there a way to know this?) but I’ve been in my guild for 263 days and haven’t missed a login EVER. That means I’ve logged in each and every day for 263 days in a row.

I’m guessing there’s A LOT of others like me. So putting some weight around consistent logins makes a lot of sense. :+1:

6 Likes

I really like this idea.

1 Like

+1 to a daily login currency or reward related to crafting. It could also be relevant to those who call for a “pity timer” too.

4 Likes

Daily token is a great idea but 60 seems to high. 30 tokens is a whole month of playing, and you get to only craft that mythic. No additional troops.

2 Likes

Mentioning @Sirrian. Here is an idea that holds promise, encouraging daily logins and giving players at all levels a chance to slowly work toward cards they covet.

2 Likes

60 daily login tokens?

Yeah… no. 30 is borderline ridiculous.

I disagree - this needs to be a high threshold. 60 is the absolute minimum that would make any sense. I’ve logged in probably 350 days in the last year (even if that’s all I did in a lot of those days). To hand out the ability to craft 6 mythics for that would be more than generous in my view. To give me the ability to craft 10, 15, 20 or more mythics for that would be ridiculous.

9 Likes