Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

I’ll bite.
I have to respectfully disagree. That’s… just not very accurate.
And I’d like to provide you with both an example of how that is incorrect, and a reason of why it would not be correct.

An Example:
Part of the Guild rework late last year slowed down the extreme resource gain by the top 1% of players/guilds, while simultaneously giving the low-to-mid tier guilds a boost in the quality/quantity of things they could earn from tasks.

We shared the math & graphs with the community before the update, and they’ve proven to be pretty accurate.
We added legendary tasks into the mix to soften the blow at the top end just a little, but it’s a far cry from the rewards earned prior to the Guild rework. It’s turned out pretty well, and the number of newer players sticking with the game has increased quite sharply since then. I believe it’s because the ramp of the rewards is much more consistent as a player engages more with the game in early stages.

A Reason:
Ignoring 99% of your players to just give things to the core 1% simply wouldn’t be very smart from a business perspective, unless that 1% were the ones spending ALL the money, which is just NOT how F2P games work. In F2P games a LOT of that 1% core are free players, but they should still get what they work for imho.
Now I’ve been a professional game developer for 3 decades, and I’m NOT in the habit of doing anything as silly as ignoring 99% of my customers… it’s how I’ve stayed in business all this time! So believe me that we pay A LOT of attention to the data of what those 99% are doing - it’s one of the 3 things we base our decisions off of (DATA, FEEDBACK, & our own DESIGN skills). In other words, the actions of those 99% are given equal weight with the feedback from the core here in the forums.

Finally…

@mgla - it seems you may have had a bad experience with our support team. I’m very proud of the work they do, particularly the Herculean effort they provided during the server transition. But obviously they’re not infallible. If you would like to PM me about it, I’d be happy to review your support request with them and try and determine what went wrong for you. I can’t promise a different result, as I’m not aware of your exact issue, but I’m happy to take the time to look at it with them.

57 Likes