Guild Wars Scoring Exploit

The current scoring system seems to have serious design flaw that can be used to get infinite scores. Even if it gets reworked fast, results for this week will be quite off. My proposal is to consider this week as a test run, hand out the rewards, freeze placements and bracket progression.

3 Likes

If you have proof, I suggest showing it to the devs. That said, this would not surprise me.

That exceptional unfair and random. Your proposal is giving rewards geographically (time zone based). Many Guilds has a lot of players that sign after work… why not just give rewards alphabetical, based on the number of letters in their Guild name, Or random, etc. Obviously these are equally as poor.

Another system must be used.

Nothing secret here, it’s the loop flaw being discussed in the Guild Wars Scoring thread. Current high score seems to be somewhat north of 7k points for a single fight, which is more than most players get for all their fights together. I highly doubt this side effect is intentional, and it’s seriously messing up scores.

2 Likes

I’m okay with handing out no rewards at all. Or some minor flat reward for beta testing. :wink:

3 Likes

If this is correct - close down GW and hand out compensations for all that are spent on sentinels plus something extra.

13 Likes

I agree, IF as you said there is a infinite looping bug/clear exploit. Then:

Call it a GW 2.0 beta, and shut it down. All Guilds stay put in their respective bracket. Everyone gets some Keys/Gems a few copies of the weekly Guild troop. And return Sentinel investment, or keep them as they are for next week.

Developers should address the issues detailed on the forums and return GW in a week or two.

4 Likes

Do we have proof of this? Any screenshot of someone with 7k points for one fight?

1 Like

I think Fourdottwoone may be thinking of a post that says “I used the same team and only got 7100 points”, but that was referring to a five-match total. I haven’t seen anything claimed above 3000, except for a guild mate of Eika’s.

Note that even 3000 points is crazy on a base score of 300. That means you’re getting a total bonus of 900%, at most 200 of which comes from guild statues and 40 of which comes from surviving troops. I am inclined to believe that the new bonuses are closer to the 40% side of things than 200%, because that keeps the color-based theme of Guild Wars. So one of those bonuses is skyrocketing to several hundred percent instead of the 40ish it “ought” to be.

5 Likes

Ok that make more sense ty

Good catch, I definitely misread that post. That means there’s still the chance it could hard cap at an unexpectedly high value. Now that the basics are known, let’s wait a bit and see which scores players will come up with.

Only one guy in my team did over 8k the rest is average 7k

I’ve asked my guild mates to test this in the name of science. If they start showing up with consistent 2000+ point totals per battle I think we have a winner: my guild! :smiling_imp:

Note: my one-day total is 8100+, thanks to a team that loops surprisingly well for a mono-color team. And I saw someone report 8500+ in the main thread.

2 Likes

My daily total for today was 7000, going 5-0 with my old yellow team. That team is mostly based around exploding the board for mana. I’m not surprised if people are getting in the 8000s.

Jumped the gun a bit did we?

3 Likes

2 Likes

13 Likes

Well I guess we didn’t jump the gun.

4 Likes

How many points did you get for each battle?

1 Like

Mother of living God and the ancient Divines… :no_mouth:

1 Like