Guild Wars needs changed or replaced

Losses have nothing to do with it (i am currently 5-0,5-0,5-0,5-0)…I do not mind getting beaten, as it is part of the game, i readily take it on the chin and move on…I just think something needs to be altered in guild wars to bring back the sparkle, as it is becoming tedious in it’s current form…Either that, or bring something new.

1 Like

Pvp got revamped multiple times now peeps are more happy :white_check_mark:
Quest got revamped :white_check_mark:
Kingdom got revamped :white_check_mark:
Bonuses got revamped :white_check_mark: (even tho we are witnessing the dev pushing useless stats to AB and good stats to pay pay)
Explore is about to get revamped (to worst) :white_check_mark:

Why should GW stay the same?

I DONT FORGET THAT WE(in forum) ARE THE MINORITY :+1: (we are tiny fraction of the players the rest (majority) are not involved in forum.

1 Like

All in all, it’s the same
Excluding treasure hunt, we’re picking 4 troops,some with different parameters of color, kingdom, or race

With thousands of games in the world, play others if your bored
IMO I don’t get this new generational thinking
A game was created, we enjoy and play it, I’m bored now so change the original content
Added content is fine to me but changing/removal is an insult to creators

It’s like going to Chick-fil-A and demanding they make burgers only instead of chicken to put it in an easily understandable metaphor

It’s an insult to compare the day’s we paid only for electricity to play fair games to the days where you need ; electricity+internet +membership+micro transactions.
I wouldn’t mind if you did compare it to slot machine or just a mobile game as it’s an insult to other F2P games up there that have an update and new stuff every week.
And that’s not how it works if you want a change at your Chick-Fil A you start by communicating by starting a thread in their social media and if you did get a lot of likes and support you amassed a lot of peeps that want the same change then m sure the company would make the changes :+1:

By that logic, it’s insulting to IP2 that you suggested they change the Doomed Blade affix.

In my opinion, content has to be changed to remain fresh…Over the last few months i have seen quite a few high level players leave the game (well over level 1500 myself)…The game has to evolve or face an even greater exodus…Have a great day😉

1 Like

I agree aspects of GW need to b revamped but for the most part i’m enjoying participating in it. This is the only week where i feel more free to pursue either other parts of the game and/or other activities.

The only thing that has to be changed about gw is the bracket system and progression.

Everything else has to do with troops, lineups and teams, not with gw proper.

Changing something that basically works fine tends to break things🤷

3 Likes

It was already changed from the original affixes, I’m asking for it to be what it initially was before they misunderstood the cause for the whining
90% of the time they change stuff due to bad feedback, it ruins it
I’ll forever be salty about taking away cleanse from ishbaala…

Addendum to my previous posts: there is a difference between fixing mistakes or things that don’t fit in correctly
Compared to personal preferences

Example: delves need a fix as they are less likely to be beaten than getting a mythic troop in glory chests
Treasure hunt would be a nice change, but technically no reason for it

This is all besides the fact that even top guilds can’t get people to even use the right colors in GW

As a person who has worked in restaurants for 20 years
I often wonder why people go into one knowing that they want nothing it has to offer
So instead of creating your own dish, which in turn takes away from every other diners experience(extra time for workers on multiple levels), slowing it all down
Go to a place that suits you

All I’m gonna say about the subject
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but I think changing GW is way more trouble than it’s worth for the devs and the majority of players, especially when they will prob make changes that’ll make it worse than u thought it was to begin with

1 Like

Guild Wars is not a problem. The crappy troops we get after Guild Wars are a problem. We should get troops that we’re missing as a reward.

1 Like

You got to be kidding me. If they get rid of guild wars they will lose half their player base. I have another idea. If you do not like Guild Wars then don’t participate. There are plenty guilds out there that have it as optional. No one is forcing anyone to play wars so go do some PVP or the new challenges might be an option or maybe a treasure map or 50.

4 Likes

There are 6 days of battles, so in theory, it should average out to 6 different meta teams, not the 5 you state. And then there are those opponents that don’t have a meta defense, so perhaps 7, maybe even as many as 10 different teams fought.

I know for myself, I failed to buy Life and Death weapon the 1st two times that delve was available. I find Guild Wars the most diverse of the 4 weekly events. So to revamp or replace based solely on the fact it requires 30 battles vs 5 to 10 different teams, does not seem like a reasonable option to me.

I left a top guild because I got bored with the endless repetition of Raids, Invasions, and Dooms. How many Raid bosses have to be slain to do meaningful progress? (rhetorical). Win a Invasion event and you inch 4 more towers closer to a minor growth orb.

I know it’s inevitable that GW will be replaced because it isn’t the gem sink that the other 3 weeks are. But it isn’t the repetition of meta teams that is the problem. Potions made this game to easy.

Maybe they can introduce potions. Once you upgrade all 4 sentinels to V level, you can buy the potions and gw reward troops at similar increments. I’ll still stick to the 600 glory and 2k souls to get to II level. I don’t mind a challenge. For the Horde.

1 Like

Potions for Guild Wars?! No way! LOL

3 Likes

Guild wars could be fixed fairly easily, all it takes is limitation of def teams that keep full meta op teams out when you’re already fighting handicap. I always thought a neat idea is def teams must be set by color but what team you fight is random. Say it’s blue bonus day; you use all blue. But from bottom to top you may fight all brown or red teams, whatever. Put true counter back into player control of a team vs teams without limits that rng exploits. It’s not even p2w, it’s simple QoL.

I would love to have a ban list like in many other games. 2 weapons and 4 troops you do not have to fight in PvP or GW. People would have to be a lot more creative with their def teams then.

1 Like

Just do what the people that like GW do the rest of the month and deal with what you dislike and look forward to what you do. I doubt any long term players love every event so we learn to except the good and the bad.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind guild Wars being gone forever.

Though I’d take 2 Guild Wars a month over 1 Tower of Doom… So if I had a choice, I’d love to see both killed off.

5 the same defense teams? You sure you were playing GW? In all the years I play this game I never had to fight 5 times the same team. Even when our guild was in the lower regions of the rankings we never had to fight 5 times the same defenders.
What should be handled is the fact there are plenty of “dead” guilds in GW with 5 or 6 players, mostly they don’t even bother to play so I wonder why they even register.
But over all the GW is one of the preferred events of our guild, so please leave it as it is devs. :+1:

1 Like

This GW that just ended, we fought a 13 member guild with one active participant, a decent 30 person guild on day 2, and 4 ‘active’ dead guilds with 7 total members on days 3 thru 6. We’ll move up 8 or 9 brackets, the decent guild will move up 1 as will a few of the 1 person guilds. And we’ll all fight dead guilds again as we continue the 18 month crusade to find suitable competition.

The problem with GW isn’t the defense teams. Even the OP said he normally goes 5/0. The problem is that the bracket seeding makes no sense.

And if the game deletes GW, it should have to change its name to Gems of Raid/Invasion or something. Maybe Gems of Farming. War is the only thing that keeps me playing, as frustrated as I may be with the brackets.

2 Likes