Guild Wars - FAQ

Mean Machine did 982k points. With that we would be ranked 7th in bracket 1. No guilds in brackets 2, 3 or 4 had that many points so we would end up on rank 7th globaly.

oh right yes, I agree, but by that same logic we should have been in bracket 6 still since we were global rank 52. But we’re in bracket 4. So it seems there is more than just pure points to it.

Presumably you were second place in bracket 6? Our guild jumped five brackets, from 17 to 12, but our final rank was 162 – we were 2nd in bracket 17 at the end of festivities earlier today.

Yup we were 2nd. What made you assume second? (Just curious since you were correct :P) Nvm I misunderstood the Ranking number

Maybe there is a “bonus” for first/second/third in a bracket in terms of weighting and moving up?

Weren’t the guild ranks(paragon, herald…) supposed to be defined by last weeks performance of the players? Because something doesn’t add up here.

Are you one of the guilds affected by this bug @Gouki?

4 Likes

See that’s why i look for a thread that has @Ozball recently active when i have a stupid question. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Has anyone tried skipping a guild yet? I’m wondering how it works.

Specifically, I’m wondering if skipping a guild gives you more battles against the next guild. Eg. it’s Wednesday, I haven’t fought any matches yet. If I “skip” the guild we were matched against on Tuesday, does that give me 10 battles against the guild on Wednesday? That just might make skipping a guild worth it for people who need a few extra tries to beat the paragon.

From what I read above, we’re guessing that is not the case (skipping a guild probably forfeits the matches you had to fight against them), but I’m wondering if anyone can confirm it.

No, if you change guild during the week, you can take part in GW with the new guild only the following week.

That’s changing guilds. I’m talking about hitting the “Skip” button on the attack page :slight_smile:

Ah, sorry. If you click on “skip” the battle you don’t have made are definitely lost, you can’t go back to fight them anymore.So you never want to click on it.

Does anyone else find it odd and dangerous that the GW “skip” button looks like the other skip buttons in the game but has a disastrous effect? Really, it should be labeled FORFEIT ALL REMAINING MATCHES and use some sort of skull imagery in the icon. :skull:

Another suggestion is that the scoreboard should reflect daily scores and “late hits” differentiated. You could either show daily scores as daily + late or have a separate place to show all the late scores and display the daily scores as they were at the end of each “day”. Yesterday we lost the “day” but our score posted for yesterday was way above the other guilds’ score. :poop: I know why reading the threads above but the implementation and display are counterintuitive.

Is it possible to change the given enemy for lover ranks, like soldier. Some defend teams are really painful :wink:

Unfortunately no. When Guild Wars was first released there was a bug that allowed it, but it was fixed quite quickly.

I signed up for the guild on July 11th. And now for the second week, I’m not allowed in Guild War. It’s definitely not right, how many weeks to wait !?

This week guild wars is on pause, so no one can participate.
You can check it by entering guild wars menu which will show you a text like this "next week starts in "

Sorry! Did not know.

What determines the Guild Wars Brackets? We as a guild are 1 million points higher then the competition but we only go up around 2 brackets a month.

1 Like

which bracket are you in? In my main guild in bracket 4, if we win or lose the bracket its a move of two spots, but in my more mid tier guild in bracket 190 something, they were jumping a few brackets each week. It will take my mid tier guild a good year i bet before they see any real competition, and then it will probably only be one or two teams that actually puts in the effort…

1 Like

Ever since the change to guild wars (playing every 3 weeks) we move 2-3 brackets. We are bracket 67. We win by more than a million every time. At this rate, we will get to the top 10 in about 2 years. It is disheartening, to say the least.

2 Likes