Guild Wars error, counted as a win

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Went to start the champion battle in todays Guild Wars and got the error shows below in the first screen shot.
I had no choice but to alt-f4 to close the game, when I went back in the fight counted as a win.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
No idea, never saw this one before.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Error message:

Champion that got ripped off:

1 Like

How many points did you receive? Were you ripped off as well?

Not sure how many but I did get the normal points, I went 5/0 today with over 9k points total.

1 Like

That is something new. If only it could happen each time the game crashes or there is a bug. :laughing:

1 Like

Agreed, it would be nice if all game failures could be captured and count as a win for whomever is attacking.

This a combination of two issues that were discovered as part of our guild wars wins as losses investigation.

The server catches this fairly early on and errors out, so the battle never officially starts, so you shouldn’t be getting a win or a loss.

It’s a bit annoying that it forces you to restart the game, but I figured that was better then continuing into an invalid battle which you’d just have to do again as it was never officially started. Especially if it was a difficult battle.

1 Like

Hi @CliffyA, just to be clear it was counted as a win after alt-F4 and then restarted the game. And thank you for responding.