Guild Wars Change Suggestions

That’s what I mean. If you had the ability to adjust troops on the fly, you probably would. But given the current situation, doing that on PC/mobile means you are shooting yourself in the foot on console. It obviously makes it more difficult to manage.

2 Likes

A few ideas I’ve tossed about in the past:

Only have 3 wars a week instead of 6. Each war has 10 battles instead of 5, but you have to beat 4 ‘troops’, before facing a ‘vanguard’, Then you have to beat 3 of them before facing a ‘herald’. Beat 2 of them before facing a ‘champion’. If you win those 10 games then you get a bonus game against the ‘paragon’.

There would be a bonus color for each guild war as is now, but there would also a bonus troop type (fey, human, etc) and a couple bonus kingdoms. The bonuses would be the same regardless of guild level or statue. That way all guilds are on an equal footing instead as is now with the top ones getting higher bonuses merely because their statues are further advanced. They would be theoretically stronger by having stronger and more active players, not by having the guild war system tilted in their favor. The bonus for the color would be 25%, troop type say 15% and 10% for the kingdom. Chances are you are not going to get all the bonuses. Also with only 3 wars per week, the bonus color cycle (every color having the bonus) would naturally be 2 weeks instead of one week as is now.

Since the event bonuses are quite substantial, either they shouldn’t apply in guild wars or the attacker gets a further bonus unless they use an equal or greater number of event enhanced troops in their attacking line-up.

One other important thing is you have all week (well the active guild war days) to play your battles instead of having to do them on specific days of the week. A complimentary idea here is to have Tuesday through Saturday as the active days with Monday being the set-up day and Sunday being a day of rest and a break.

Also if you keep with the idea of offering one opponent, have an option to pass and face someone else. Of course have a very limited number of passes per war. The other option is offer a choice between 2 or more opponents like the standard pvp is now. Obviously it would be a choice of 2 champions and no choice on the paragon.

Have the guild wars record or win streaks be separate from the normal pvp battles.

Hopefully some of these ideas will be incorporated.

2 Likes

What matters in GW is your total points, not how much you get for a given battle. As it stands right now you’re better off losing all your matches one day, then winning them all the rest. A lot better off actually. But people are much more likely to lose one battle each day. Even if that’s an easy battle they lost due to a crazy bad drop. This makes that randomness less devastating.

An unrelated idea I just had: What if the contributions to the guild total were scaled by your individual GW rank? So the paragon’s record would have much more influence on the guild’s score than the soldiers…

I think part of the problem is that different guilds have very different experiences. Some guilds are made of mostly roughly equal players. Others have a few high levels, and a few low levels. Your idea is appealing to the latter, but not the former.

Without the weekly buffs you would see even less variance in the teams.

1 Like

I’ve thought about suggesting the same. But the problem is that then you get guilds sandbagging in order to be able to win their brackets the next week.

I don’t understand why you’re trying to make GW easier. Are the people in your guild actually losing too many battles? What happens when everyone goes undefeated every week? How is that a contest?

1 Like

vote to ban some troops like in some game. but instead of doing it for every battle, do it daily as global vote. instead of ban from playing, troops banned get stat reduction for the day.

Forcing players to use 24 different troops is murderous to new players who don’t have their full complement of 25+ team slots yet.

1 Like

Not trying to make it easier, trying to make it funner. Right now most people just spam the same team all 6 days across the entire guild.

It would only take 6 slots, which I believe is level 50. I’m not against making something like that a minimum, as anyone lower wouldn’t be able to do well in GW anyways.

1 Like

You seem to be sending mixed signals here… Do you want easier or “more fair” GW or not?

I just wish that people would voice their suggestions then stfu. They asked for suggestions and did not ask for the same few people to constantly come back and argue against others suggestions.

3 Likes

Yeah cuz your comment isnt a contradiction of itself :thinking:

1 Like

Why would we have a discussion? Lets all just post ways we can make an already easy as hell game even easier and nobody is allowed to have opposing opinions… Kinda reminds me of something :thinking:

I can only link my own posts so many times…

As I have said elsewhere, I think a significant source of frustration with GW is that any single battle loss causes you to lose the largest bundle of points. Changing to a flat amount of points per battle would stop folks from feeling like they are always losing the most important match.

That has no bearing on how many matches people win, and I think that making matches harder is a good thing from a game design standpoint. It’s just that a large amount of the player base expects to win every match they play.

So I don’t understand what was wrong with GW from what I have been reading it is mostly complaints about what teams are being used. I for one get upset but I work out the weakness in the team so next time I have a team ready for it and you really can’t win them all. If a change would be done just the ability to see the guild defense stats to help a guild member boost a better team for them to use on the color day they lost.

Way to let players advance in opponent rank while still penalizing them for losses:

– Any guild wars battle unlocks the next-higher rank, regardless of outcome.

– A win forces you to move up in opponent rank.

– A loss in guild wars reduces the base points value of all higher-ranked battles by 20% of the standard value.

Examples, using only base values of points:

– Anna wins her first guild wars match, but loses her second. She can try for a Herald match worth (300-20%=) 240 points, or try another Vanguard match for 200 points. If she doesn’t move up, she won’t get to face the Paragon this week.

– Barbara is having a bad GW week. She has lost each of her first four battles, but chose to move up each time. She’ll face the Paragon, but for a base value of just (500-80%=) 100 points.

– Cora won once and advanced, lost and advanced, won and advanced, then lost. She has earned 100 (Soldier) + 240 (Herald) points so far. Her first Champion fight was only worth 320 points. Since she has lost twice she gets to choose between another Champion match for 320 base points or a Paragon match for 300.

Yes, this system makes it possible for a higher-level battle to be worth fewer points. That’s what you get with a simple (linear) increase in points values between levels and a simple (percentage-based) penalty for losing. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

What about the new players that have like 3 good/levelled troops and that’s it?

What is it with all the restrictions? Please stop!

2 Likes

My suggestion for GW are:

1. Sentinel must be payd with glory gold and soul or level payd with must be absolutely cheaper. If gwms will be riquired for sentinels reward gems must be higher

2. Event buff stats don’t have to improve troops in GW or many times we’ll have situationsnl similar to fenrir (100 life and attack eith a single spell, totally crap)

3. Only 25/27 player needed for GW results

4. 6/8 defense teams for each player

5. AI randomly we’ll choose defense at the start of a battle. It’s a war not a pvp so surprise we’ll avoid always same defense and we’ll have a difficult due to unknow team defense

6. Fix bugs and balance troops at least mythic and legendary. Mythic troops are too different one from each other as strength and utility

1 Like

You know perfectly well that reply was nonsense and non-constructive. As for the rest, who are you to tell someone else their opinion doesn’t matter. The street runs both ways, Buddy, and it’s about time you see it.