Guild War 100% Mana troops!

A good player will never say that you cannot lose to RNG. However, if you will look at the start of discussion you will see that my initial comment was an answer to “Practice < RNG” which is pure BS, and a usual excuse from players with 10-20% losses who explain all their losses as just bad luck and refuse to believe it’s their own fault.

2 Likes

Again, you can practice how much you want, but if RNG decides you’re screwed, than you are.
I would say that’s pretty much what is says… nothing more or less.
But that probably depends how you interpret the words:

:wink:

cheers and: Let the RNG be with you!

1 Like

Getting rid of 100% mana troops from all game modes might be a reasonably good idea though. I wonder how well the game would work if Empowered only granted one less than full mana. You’d need to make a move (or get lucky with start-of-match exploders) prior to using your first spell, feels a little more like actually playing a match 3 game. Of course, there’s the downside of some fast farming teams that never use anything but spells taking slightly longer, so such a change might be considered controversial.

1 Like

Yes, 5-match not 4, my bad. I assumed it would fill their mana up either way. I just figured there would be less likeliness of them looping with less green on the board if the converters weren’t able to cast.

Just lost again to 2 troops with full Mana. (one turn loop) This is very boring and you have not enough counter play and it makes no more fun.
Isn’t just ONE troop with full Mana enough?

What converters did you take in to counter their converters?

2 Likes

I actually use two empowered converters on every single color attack day except Brown and Blue Day. On defense I try to use double empowered converters where possible. While they are annoying, you also have a slew of them to choose from to help you.

Do you have enough brute force to be able to use two converters in Bracket 1? Or maybe ure in a lower bracket?

Yes.

10 characters.

1 Like

Oh snap! That is me he’s facing.
A good rule a thumb is to use a double empowered team against a double empowered team. Instead of nerfing troops we already have just give more counters to them. Give us more empowered converter combinations.

1 Like

That defense is designed to capitalize on bad/not perfect RNG. To defeat it you need to use a much more aggressive offense which is not used much in bracket 1. Think more Mercy + Moon Rabbit into a green/yellow. With that board it may not have mattered what you used, but Mercy would give you a 50/50 chance.
I’ve modified that defense since and its win rate is greater than 50%.

2 Likes

That is an amazing defense win-rate, congrats! Here’s hoping I’m not its next victim :joy:

And I love Guild Wars for conversations like this, thank you :heart::muscle:

2 Likes

Exactly! Basically, if the game wants you to lose then, you’ll indeed lose.

Mercy would have done nothing with that board and any other situation where I wasn’t dead on Turn 1, I would have won it. Every other test led to a positive result except the unwinnable condition.

If anything, making more yellow from Mercy or Moon Rabbit (neither that would have worked for that board anyways) that could be left as loose ends for Malcandessa to turn yellow to green is a bad thing.

On that team, no. Mercy would have at most just given you a 2nd turn and a cleanse. You would have needed to do what Rojo suggested earlier:

It was impossible for you to win with that board using that team. If you had a different board you could have won. If you had a different team you could have won.

The only green empowered troops that would have done anything on that board would have been Leprechaun, which exploding into an unknown board state with 2 empowered is a terrible idea, Siren, which making 9 gems of a color I can’t control except green (with an active freeze going) is a bad idea, and First Mate Axelubber, which there’s no way to know the starting board would only favor that one troop.

No team with that starting board barring those 3 troops would have led to any different of an outcome.

Not Moon Rabbit. Not Mercy, Not Tai-Pan, Not Child of Summer, Not Greed, Not Sister Superior, Not King Gobtruffle, Not Queen Beetrix, Not Dark Maiden, Not whatever your favorite Green Troop.

No valid team with 4 green troops could really stand up to that if they don’t get a turn to do anything. Its not like I could see that board ahead of time and say gee, let me run off color to prevent that when normally I wouldn’t have that issue anyways.

Maybe you should take Rojo’s suggestion to heart too if you don’t realize none of what that says applies to this situation.

1. Use your brain in Guild Wars. - attempted to bring a counter troop. check
  2. Bracket 1 def talk - not applicable
  3. People make def to beat you - not applicable
  4. Take some time before each battle and make a team that can beat it - check
  5. Ask a guild mate for help - I had someone else look it over due to how oddly bad the board is. It was that drastically bad, no move led to a passable result.

I don’t struggle with this type of defense at all EXCEPT when I have a board like this where I CANT do anything. Thanks.

This was your suggestion. That would have done nothing here.

2 Likes

When I first played Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, as an Orc wielding a two-handed warhammer, of course, the controller default was “Push down on Left Thumb Stick” for entering stealth mode. Why would I ever wish to enter stealth mode? As mentioned, I was an Orc, wielding a two-handed warhammer. I rushed blindly into battle, swinging my mighty hammer wildly. And suddenly, unexpectedly, I was crouching. I had to make an adjustment, so I switched that control option to “Rest”. Then, instead of getting put in a vulnerable position, I would simply receive the error message “You cannot rest here”.

I am not in Bracket 1, I may never be in Bracket 1, the team I use to earn and maintain Paragon in Bracket 5 (and now Bracket 4) may not work in Bracket 1. So, therefore, I will not attempt to convince you or anyone else that my team is better.

I will simply state that when I woke up this morning, there were 903 Troops, 370 Weapons, and 130 Pets available to take into battle. And I would hate for our corporate GW overlords to tell me that I am not allowed to equip my pet Puddling prior to defending my Paragon Title in glorious combat.

Bad boards, bad beats, and bad luck happen. That is what Guild Chat, Discourse, and Forums are for: to vent and move on. Anybody that doesn’t like fighting vs Empowered converters might enjoy Arena, Explore, or Treasure Maps more. I hear Hearthstone is fun…

I don’t know if any of that made sense. I’m just feeling a bit restless of late. I’m currently third in our guild’s ranking, and while I feel confident Puddling can recover in time to lead me to victory, always in motion the future is.

Bottom Line: It’s GW, it’s my favorite week/event, and I don’t want any restrictions. I am prepared to fight for what I believe. I cannot rest here. :axe::rage::shield:

4 Likes

Yeep, happened again last week → couldn’t prevent 2 empowered converters on enemy team to make Beetrix start looping… she didn’t stop looping until battle was over… almost as sad as goblin teams, but at least battle ends faster with Beetrix.
2nd fight → same enemy, 0 troops lost… not sure if any of my troops lost at least 1 point of armor/hp … enemy team just got trashed…

So yeah… RNG decides if you lose or not :wink: even if you’re prepared as much as you can

E: and i regained Paragon title with ~55,4k total (everyone in guild had at least 1 bad board during GW… nobody had 30/0)