Guild task no reward: explanation please

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened? i’m not sure. It says i collected the rewards already but i haven’t.

What are the steps to make it happen again? i dont know

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post! i do

1 Like

The game has a system that prevents people from collecting the same rewards they collected in previous guilds even if they join new ones that haven’t completed all tasks. Otherwise, endgamers could make multiple accounts to create guilds and reap more rewards as such players have means/access to more gold overall.

I don’t understand. I didn’t collect any rewards at all from the guild i was in for 5 minutes.

What could have happened:

• The rewards are sent to your e-mail.
  • You joined another guild and claimed the rewards from the previous one.
  • Now the newest rewards from your current guild doesn’t applies.

Depending of the mail order the reverse could be true too, you claimed the top mails with the most recent rewards and that invalidates the bottom/old mails from your previous guild.

If you still don’t think that’s your case maybe @Kafka can take a look and provide support to you.

Those were the first guild rewards i ever recieved. I have only been playing a few days and only been in two guilds. The first of which for only about 5 minutes. The invite for the second guild was the only mail i had at the time i joined them so there were no rewards from my first guild.

I appreciate your help btw @Razzagor

Well, there is a chance that it’s a weird interaction in the system, a bug, and maybe it can be fixed by Kafka when she have time to check it for you (because there are always old tickets or problems to review first).

1 Like

@MikaTheBoss I actually had a similar thing happen on a new account I made - poking my head in a guild that had already completed lots of tasks meant that I was unable to receive those same rewards when they were completed in the guild I eventually stayed in (meaning I received them 0 times). This also occurred for Invasion rewards.

2 Likes

This makes sense, as in, being an immediate effect of the system placed to prevent exploits on the rewards.

2 Likes

So basically i get nothing? Does this reset?

I don’t know (re: whether or not you just get nothing). It seems like a bit of a bug - I just didn’t bother to follow up on it since it was an alt account.

It does reset, though, yes, each week - so on Sunday/Monday you’ll be able to receive all of those rewards again.

The Devs should get back to you (and may/may not be able to fix it or reimburse you), it’s just the weekend here, unfortunately, so it probably won’t happen until Monday (AEST) at the earliest.

2 Likes

Ok thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think this is the kind of bug you have to file at Zendesk? Sometimes it does get confused and not give you your rewards if you’ve changed guilds.

If you file a ticket at https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us the worst they’ll tell you is “no we don’t do this here, go post on the forums.” No, I don’t get it either.

1 Like

Thanks (ugck must be 10 lol)

Hey @MikaTheBoss sorry for the delayed reply, the office is closed on the weekends so I just saw your thread now. If you sent a ticket then Cyrup or I have already responded to you.

But just in case you didn’t, I checked this out to see what happened:

Basically what @Jonathan said was the situation, the first Guild you joined had completed several Tasks, so even though you didn’t get the reward, you’re now not able to collect those rewards from any Guild for the rest of the week.

If your new Guild completes tasks that are higher level than the ones that were completed in your first Guild before/while you were there, then you’ll be able to receive the higher level rewards fine.

I’ve passed on feedback that it might be nice if players could collect rewards they haven’t received yet, rather than the game checking the Guild’s completed Tasks only, but I can’t make any promises about that.

This was introduced to dissuade people from joining multiple Guilds in a single week as it was unfair to the loyal committed players in those Guilds.

Obviously it does take a little time to find a good Guild where you enjoy the atmosphere, so I would focus on finding a Guild you like this week and not worry about changing Guild too much, and then hopefully if you found one you’re happy with you can stay with them all next week at least so you will receive all the Guild Task Rewards.

1 Like

@Kafka I had a question about this very topic and found this thread. Can you or someone else who’s reading this confirm that if the player in an old guild has completed the Blue Tasks but didn’t collect them, and then the player joined a new guild, they still wouldn’t be able to collect the new guild’s Blue Tasks even though they didn’t collect them in the old guild as well?

From what I am reading I understand that as long as the old guild has completed the task, or say the xx level event rewards, the player cannot collect these in the new guild even though they physically didn’t claim them in the old guild either.

Once you join a guild that has completed tasks then you can’t collect them in the next guild. You are not double dipping but the game thinks you are.

Completed tasks automatically get sent by mail. You can’t receive the same reward mail twice a week, even if you leave the first one uncollected in your inbox.

Thank you both @Nvidia100 and @Fourdottwoone for explaining. Much appreciated😄