Guild positions after the last wars XBOX

Which nasty surprises is that supposed to prevent? If this it about scores, they will still go up once your last 3 players play their battles, unless those players happen to be the lowest scoring ones in your guild.

Sometimes it takes more than 20min before seeing the score change in the guild ranking. So a player who plays at the last moment before the last reboot of the week can be penalized by this latency (this is not always the case).

It was an ironic response to calling us cheater because we stream some battles or because we donā€™t play all battles daily

1 Like

Some say if you stream you are cheating because folks are watching your battles and suggesting moves. I can also have several family members watch and suggest moves and no one even knows about it. Thatā€™s the same thing. I have watched folks stream before and watch them get destroyed. The top guilds are on top not because of streaming but because they put more time and effort into it. Top guild stream not because they are trying to beat the bottom of the bracket. They stream because the other 2 or 3 top guilds are streaming and that is who they are trying to beat.

2 Likes

My guild was rank 4 last time so I donā€™t think I get to face the rank 66 guild. Sad times.

You might. You faced U2 and you should not have. I think that random guild messed up the regular schedule. So who knows.

1 Like

You can admit that the stream also allows you to have players who are not exceptional in GW (40/45k) but who have very well evolved accounts (class, stats, troops, etc) and the stream allows them to go up to 50/54k. Because thatā€™s true. This represents very few players, but it exists (I donā€™t say that for Unforgiven but for everybody). The stream is a tool, just like Discord, xbox clubs, etc. It is not prohibited. Fortunately they are on Xbox and not on PC, because the use of the stream is at least ten times higher.

I currently play GW at Unforgiven (only GW) and I donā€™t use this tool, not even the Discord or chat, to be honest I donā€™t even know how this guild works, does that make me a cheater because I am helping a guild that uses the stream (and I donā€™t know how many players are using it) or am I making this guild an honest guild because I donā€™t use the stream? (I know Cava90 appreciate the ironic :p)

Question, a person who creates a team and shares it in his guild, everyone uses it, does the guild cheat? Since in the end itā€™s only one person who made a teamā€¦ The cooperative system takes its limits where to say that itā€™s cheating or not?

Thereā€™s a pretty fine line between giving team suggestions and strategies vs. telling someone every move to take in a match.

3 Likes

I quote myself:

"You can admit that the stream also allows you to have players who are not exceptional in GW (40/45k) but who have very well evolved accounts (class, stats, troops, etc) and the stream allows them to go up to 50/54k. Because thatā€™s true. This represents very few players, but it exists (I donā€™t say that for Unforgiven but for everybody).

Iā€™m honest, and admit the advantage, but this advantage represent a part for win against Dragon Army or lost (result of last GW).

I remember the period when Guild of Thieves won every times and EDT second. Dragon Army came in first position with playing every fight (or almost) in Twitch. This period is a perfect example of what the people want speak about ā€œcheatingā€.
But now, Dragon Army have the old paragon and great players of old great guild and they donā€™t need stream (same for Unforgiven).

My opinion, like I said I donā€™t know the Unforgiven system about the stream.

We speak about how many players? Because, itā€™s a really difference between 1 to 3 or 30. I think you are same of me and know a lot of players in Unforgiven or Dragon Army to write a long list with the players donā€™t use the stream and probably a very short list of the players who do (or suspicious).

The order appears to be randomized somehow. The formula isnā€™t working.

I donā€™t think there is, this all boils down to communication. If one player is willing to go through all battles with every guild member, to improve how the guild fares in a guild event, more power to them. Thatā€™s a level of dedication I couldnā€™t possibly match and that I feel deserves to be rewarded.

Weirdly enough, nobody seems to consider telling someone every room to take in Tower of Doom as cheating. I wonder why. Maybe because it takes much less effort to profit from communication?

5 Likes

I think what you say about ToD is the same as what I say about a team used by the guild. Irony push to the extreme. But itā€™s just as extreme to say that a guild is cheating because a very small number of players are using the stream.

I find it regrettable for players who use the stream because they have difficulty hanging on to it without getting rid of it.
On the other hand, I find it very good that players in difficulty use it to increase their knowledge, experience, way of playing, etc. and then play alone.

Because telling everyone what rooms to take in the Tower of Doom isnā€™t the same as playing all of those Tower of Doom rooms for them.

2 Likes

Most top guilds do not require you to stream. They do require you to hit a certain score. Most guilds that complain think that if there was no streaming they would have a shot at taking first. This is not the case because most folks in the top guilds do not stream. Itā€™s definitely not the majority. I cannot speak to the PC guilds that are constantly breaking scoring records. My thought on that is great job and that takes a lot of effort to compete at s top level in the only competitive mode in the game. If guild wars was every week like it used to be then no way folks could muster that kind of time but once a month and it gives those folks joy more power to them.

2 Likes

Just let it be known I myself am not calling any guilds a cheat at this point. I donā€™t care.

I still find the action of streaming Guild Wars and having someone else tell you every move to take is lame.

So, for every player in those guilds that arenā€™t streaming, cool. Iā€™m glad theyā€™re playing to their abilities.

2 Likes

We have the same opinion :sunglasses::ok_hand:
I know you donā€™t call some guild or players ā€œcheaterā€.
It is a debate with different users here.

1 Like

Yes, see above, playing all of those Tower of Doom rooms for them would require significantly more effort, for significantly less of an advantage. Would you consider it cheating if someone streams their Doom fight within the guild and asks for which move to take next?

If the player does not have the ability to play at those higher difficulty levels, then yes actually, due to the nature of Guild Leaderboards.

And before anyone tries to strawman me and say itā€™s just Tower of Doom and it doesnā€™t matterā€¦ it only doesnā€™t matter because the leaderboard prizes per guild arenā€™t worth the effort to go for them. Most people will do the minimum necessary to get reward tiers done and call it a day.

If the 1st prize was something outrageous like 50,000 gems, 1,000 shiny keys, and 500 Epic Vault Keys per person, people would start caring.

I wonā€™t stand for people subbing in and out dummy accounts to get extra battles in to win guild leaderboards either. Yeah, anyone can do it, but no. Just no.

At that point, if someone doesnā€™t have the skill level to play their own Tower of Doom and has to have someone else to play for them, then yes there is a problem there.

Most people would likely just spam Tier 7/Potions of Power long before that becomes a necessity to stream ToD for actual strategy. Itā€™s very time inefficient to stream moves when more battles are needed instead.

I do feel for the people struggling with the new weapon restrictions of ToD, but that doesnā€™t change anything.

2 Likes

So its sunday. Has anyone from GoW answered why family affairs is in B1 and DA2 was in B2? Family affairs has 373k points. Only 1million behind 9th placeā€¦

We (DA2) should get 10th place payouts at least.