GUILD - features supporting members Loyalty and Integration

i definatelly dont wanna make any penatlies

generally bad members are found out quite quickly, a week is enough, after a week the supposed loyalty bonuses dont even apply yet so discarding them shouldnt be a problem

i am hoping the tiny bonuses could motivate some more ppl to actually get more serious/honest about being member of a guild, not just treat it as a hotel but at least give it a chace to become a home

and while you as a guild loose “potential loyalty bonus” for booting a few days old member, you still stack up the bonuses for the rest of members that stayed, so in overall the guild develops forward unless you boot nearly all the members out of a sudden

if you boot a member who was there for long but became totally inactive, you could loose some bonuses but gain a person who donates instead so it should even out (or the donation should outshine the bonuses lost)

And here’s another “rich getting richer” topic. :frowning:

I’m all for trying to keep players from jumping from guild to guild, but the opening post is completely biased towards the top guild, as those will obviously have the highest loyalty among members (considering the slightly higher rewards they receive weekly from the legendary tasks, as well as the “prestige” of belonging to a top guild).

So if you’re going to reward loyalty, all you’ll do is increase the gap between the top guilds and the rest.

The only way to promote loyalty in a fair way is to punish player disloyalty. So if a player jumps ship to a higher ranked guild (or more active guild) he or she should just be excluded from his/her new guilds rewards for a few weeks. Draconian measures, I know, but people a selfish, so this will make people think twice about leaving their guild to lash their fortune to a top guild.
That may be the only viable way to deal with the genuine complaint that many have about people abandoning guilds… The problem is penalizing players is not a good way to keep your player base happy, so I doubt the devs will be willing to implement this (any comments on this @Sirrian @Nimhain @Saltypatra ?)

And before you all jump on this post saying I’m another whiner complaining about not having the riches of a top guild at my disposal: I’m a member of Marthos Guardians, the current number 5 guild on PC/Mobile, and I can honestly say that penalizing me for jumping to other guilds is probably the only thing that would stop me from doing so (and I know what I’m talking about as I have been in 4 guild before Marthos Guardians).

In all your discussions, you seem to miss that some guilds will use the threat of a kick as a punitive measure measure to extort extra grinding out of members.

So the more reward you give for Loyalty, the more some guilds will be able to use it to push players to excessive levels of play.

So as you think, “We’d never do that.” You also need to think about guilds that would and the repercussion on players that are already be in the addiction mode. They may make questionable life choices to hit requirements, being further pushed to put the game first.

So if you’re not giving guilds a serious enough penalty for kicking members that have achieved “loyal” status, you provide guild’s with the ability to coerce players.

Gems of War has been much better than most games at not trying to tie into these addictions and coercion tactics many other mobile and MMO games use.

Punishing for switching guilds seems harsh.

I’ve had guilds disintegrate around me as the leader leaves and doesn’t promote. To punish 29 people for one person’s deeds is very draconian. It gets worse when the leader leaves via simply not logging in anymore.

When you enter ‘top guild’ territory, it’s about the weekly requirements. If you can donate a million gold a week and attain 300-500 trophies easily every week, then you probably shouldn’t be in anything but a top guild because you would be in a guild of peers. My experience was that anything below top 15 and you get guilds where you end up being the top performer. This seems like punishing the players who like to play heavily for wanting to hang out with other players who play heavily. I would be a really stupid dev to implement something where I punish my heavy players for wanting to hang out together.

I think for this thread to come up with good ideas, there needs to be positive discussion of how to make a guild more attractive over time, and yes, that will definitely help the top guilds as much as it helps lower guilds.

2 Likes

Obviously I didn’t formulate it clearly enough then. I no way do I mean the guild should be punished. The player switching guilds should be punished in that hypothetical case. Then it would be up to his/her new guild that he/she does the minimum requirements (gold, seals and trophies), so that the new guild doesn’t suffer. The new player just won’t get any rewards for those contributions the first (few) week(s)…

Apologies for the confusion… :slight_smile:

i guess i have to say it again, im not trying to penalise disloyalty or whatnot

and there is no “rich getting richer” when it comes to the aspect that i was trying to reward

i wanted to give visible reward for achieving a “well working guild” over a longer period of time, achieving that in generally should make you proud and i believe it deserves a reward.

and nope im not asking this coz i would get a huge swag, my day count is down to 12 days and i joined a quite new guild (i think 3 months old if im not wrong) coz my previous guild leadership gone nearly totally inactive for like 2 months, so i eventually gave up on a guild that i worked with for 270+ days, while i was there i tried my best to develop that guild, i know what loyalty means.

suggested system would rewards guilds that have members who treat guild like home in comparison to the current rewarding system that rewards the pure contribution
so we would have two systems rewarding two positive aspects of the game leaving only the ppl who neither care about guild nor work to contribute, and those ppl, with all due respect, dont deserve to be rewarded as much, it just wouldnt be fair

after how many days of the person playing there? cant they do it already? guilds already have a bonus that ppl can loose when leaving. and the bonus grows with time and cannot be fast replenished (statue levels) so i dont see how is it much worse. if the person manage to score a longer period of time (lets say 20 days?) it means they already like the way guild is lead so there is no problem with such thing
if someone stays in guild that is lead in harmful way for a longer perdiod of time then they just hurt themselves to begin with, its not the fault of the system

in such case existing console/pc/mobile games should be exterminated. and definatelly you should delete all leaderboars xD

ofc im NOT giving a penalty for kicking members. im giving a reward for keeping members if/when the members like the guild. if they hate the guild nothing will keep them in. stop imagining some threat of “loosing a bonus” will keep the person in - the bonus grows very slow, in comparison to discontent of being in a guild that you dislike which definatelly will grow faster, either way helping ppl realise the guild is lead the way that is not for them would not be a bad thing

just to make it clear with all of you guys:

kicking members should not be punished extra.

if you have a * bleep out * leader (who kicks for wrong reason or whatever else) just abandon him/her coz it is NOT WORTH STAYING. period.

of you decide to stay in a guild with a * bleep out * leader it is your own fault and YOU ARE PUNISHING YOURSELF. there is no point to do that. in game system doesnt need to compensate for your own choice to punish yourself

every guild leader has right to decide how to lead their guild and if you decide to stay, for as long as you do, it means you accept their terms. existing of guilds with high activity pressure is allowerd right now and i dont see a reason why it shouldnt be allowed. doesnt mean you have to follow that trend, also the stystem im trying to offer definatelly doesnt follow that trend

if you say high activity pressure guilds should be disallowed, you should rather focus on disallowing high activity in game to begin with. so limiting pvp, maybe limiting whole gameplay. but do you see where it leads to?

How is this not the “rich getting richer”. You propose to give rewards to guild with a high loyalty factor, that works together well for a longer period of time. How does that not favour the top guilds? The top guilds aren’t seeing players leave on a moments notice to join another guild, while that is exactly what lower level guilds are experiencing. Thus the loyalty factor is higher in the top guilds, resulting in more “loyalty rewards” for the top guilds compared to everyone else.

Which is essentially the same as the “rich getting richer”…

There’s just no way you can spin this that makes the above untrue…

1 Like

I really like your idea but I think the days would need to be longer. That’s too big of a bonus for such few days. I’m thinking you should get an increase once per month rather than 10 days.

Not only does that reward loyalty to the guild but also to the game itself
Just my opinion :slight_smile:

the top gilds actually have just as high player rotation as any other guild. only the old guilds have it more stabilised. the old guilds are spread far in the ranking, they arent all in the top. and defintelly top has a lot of new and mid-aged guilds, not just the old ones

2 Likes

If a guild leader can promote or demote a member [for whatever reason], then why not permit the ability to allow or deny who gets the goodies in their guild? Meaning, the active members who meet all requirements are permitted to contribute gold and receive the goodies while the non-active members can neither contribute, nor receive any goodies from the guild. Its a good way to discipline the rank and file if you know what I mean.

1 Like

You restrict someone guild rewards by kicking them.

7 Likes

fair point

but i think if so, the guild system should do it automatically to reduce the blame put on leader

im not saying i want that kind of system since helping new coming guild members would be harder, but i guess if it was to be implemented i would prefer it done auto

yup i prefer that, if they arent worthy of the guild efforts dont keep them in too long

edit: but if we had loyalty system AND some member needed a time off due to reality, i guess maybe some kind of “vacation” system could be of use to allow member to be less active for a while without puttong a weight on the rest of members. but in that case i believe the member should activate it him/herself not the leader.

Yes, it can be on auto-pilot; just set how much gold, seals, and/or trophies that each member must achieve per week on some guild panel. If all three are met, great. If not, they’re jailed the following week so to speak which is short of getting the boot. While jailed, they have that week to meet the quota and if they do, then they’re out of jail ASAP.

I suppose the number of times that member has been in jailed could be shown on their profile. Its a good way to keep track and let the leader or leaders to determine whether its time to give that slacker the good heave-ho.

1 Like

a fair feature request, im just not sure does it fit here :stuck_out_tongue:

how will that encourage loyalty or increase integration within the guild ?

I think if they added some guild panel like that, then other features could be introduced to give a loyalty bonus as you suggested.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m in a guild where 28 people are frequently punished by 1 or 2 people’s actions so it’s hard for me to sympathize.

I actually like this idea for guild mgmt. not sure how it encourages guild stability however.

1 Like

if leader abandons guild you can re-claim leadership via help from the devs

The rich are always going to have an advantage. What you’re failing to recognize is how horribly the current system punishes the 2nd tier of guilds that can’t just swap one elite player for another.

1 Like