Guild Contracts?

Vangor explains there problem perfectly. Fortunately on ps4 it’s an lot better since… Well, no comment, but there was only really two major guilds doing their recruitment in an underhanded kind of way.

4 Likes

If we have contracts implemented then will there be buy out clauses? I need to know this in case I want to go all Neymar on my guild :+1:

4 Likes

@Spider, I’ve got to say this is an abysmal idea.

However, you clearly think way outside the box so feel free to post more. I get sick of reading “quadruple Treasure Hunt rewards if I use 4 Maps” idea.

2 Likes

a contract lol

1 Like

Poaching will never stop unfortunately, it is a problem that is happening all the time. Loyal players will stay and they are the ones worth looking after :+1:

2 Likes

Poaching brings in new ppl, and new ppl have new ideas. Change isn’t always a bad thing. If the ppl were loyal enough to stay then they weren’t worth it anyways.

I could easily hop ship and sell out. It I won’t because what’s the fun in that.

Back to the OP, contracts are a bad idea. I like it how it is.

3 Likes

I dont like the word contracts in a match 3 game, its not a sports manager game…

3 Likes

Well it was worth a shot atleast my post got ppl talking ty for taking time to comment

1 Like

The whole thing was a way for lesser guilds to get stuff done with fewer players. What if you stayed in your guild yet could help other guilds complete task and you get rewards as if you where member

I wouldn’t call it a storm… More like a Domino or Cascade effect i think.

To reinforce your point: As invested players quit the game it’s reasonable to assume that Guild Leaders would seek proper replacements… Some may use certain tactics, that may be seem as inescrupulous, and make recruitments among guilds with similar power/requirements. In a perfect enviroment, this would be balanced out as “new blood” flows from the lower guilds into the highest ones.

But if the player base is not growing properly then we can assume that as people quit the game and the guilds start losing members to other guilds, due “poaching” or not, this stills undermines the overall fun and eventually more and more people could quit…

And here is where you are beind condescent to the extreme, just because you don’t see, or understands, that there is a problem, or just because the problem is not on our plataform it doesn’t means you should dismiss other’s opinions.

If you could only understand how much monetisation is lost as people simply abandon the game maybe you could say something useful in this regard… But if you can just avoid being a jerk, then, it will be really helpful i’m sure.

And to say something nice to you: I agree that this idea of Guid Contracts wouldn’t work to address the problem.

2 Likes

I used the inverted commas to highlight that it’s subjective whether there is a problem or not. Some people complain about it, some people just don’t see it and some people believe that freedom to move is important and ‘poaching’ is about choice and a good thing.

I find myself in the middle on this. I can see that it makes life hard being a GL if you’re losing people… but I haven’t seen any suggested solutions to it that don’t create worse problems. I also don’t feel strongly enough about it to spend time thinking of solutions. I also don’t think there’s any monetisation risk here as the game seems to be growing just fine and on that point @ivar you’re being alarmist.

Sorry if my position was unclear, wasn’t being condescending. Or a jerk, so perhaps you might take that namecalling back.

1 Like

I’m not being alarmist at all, i said:

Emphasis on IF as we aren’t sure of the player-base growth on the console side.

But as you had put:

By many i can imagine that you saw the same subject being discussed in the forums these days. And maybe there is a issue not being perceived by us (since we play on another plataform how could we know?) or maybe there is no issue at all considering how the forums are not a decent sample, statistically speaking, but that doesn’t justify your condescending tone when you say that people are moaning about something. To me that was a very clear message.

I still think some of y’all are taking this way way too seriously. If someone is bouncing around guilds, then a silly contract, that can’t be enforced, isn’t going to change things. Just recruit better and create a guild environment that fits everyones needs. I dissolved a guild I created to join @MalteseShadow guild. It was a better place for us because its laid back and supportive. If this guild was a super competitive one, we would be miserable as it’s not how we play.

1 Like

Hey now, This in the ONLY forum on the internet that allows people to take trivial things way too seriously :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3 Likes

People like to pretend and I think it gets the best of them…lol

1 Like