Guardian of the Sands

Maw :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But Maw is boring. Famine is fun. Besides do we need yet another Maw team out there?

3 Likes

Since i don’t have Famine i’ll just collect a few extra Arcanes for it after i fully trait Maw and Gorgotha.

1 Like

Damn you Ultra Rares! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Don’t think I have enough glory (15,600~) to trait Gorgortha, Great Maw and Famine this week.

Looks like I’ll wait on Famine, but good to see a damage increase. Will help earlier in battles and also when the enemy numbers are reduced later on.

1 Like

I’m actually glad that I finally got Famine in a drop now. :smile_cat:

1 Like

:newspaper: Bury yourself in the sands of time, by reading the Weekly Feedback Report! :gem::desert::gem:

This weeks troops are like Dr. Jackal and Scaly Hyde.

The Anubites would build useless construct walls to keep enemies away from their homeland. Like the Trump’s of the desert. They also build defenses for their allies by removing all the weapons on the board, getting kinda topical, aren’t we?

These hound-headed warriors will feed off the deaths of their foes, and are better suited to protecting than attacking.

While on the other hand Settites build walls to crash them down upon intruders. Not afraid to get their hands dirty, the protective lizards are master trap-setters as well as settlers.

Should one of these nasty reptiles decide to invade your home, town, or kingdom, they’ll be quite difficult to stop.

That’s not all though! As the time draws every nearer, armageddon grows ever stronger!

While War only takes 1 less mana to charge, making him tied with a certain sand worm.
Famine has been greatly boosted in power! Requiring 5 less mana to fire, can deplete 3 from a random skill per turn, and now deals almost twice as much spell damage as previously! The hunger strike is on!

Looking to trait that Abhorath, Psion or Queen Mab? Ranked PVP has got what you’re looking for this week! The top 1,000 players at the end of the week will earn an Arcane Spirit Traitstone!

But if you’re not a fan of the competitive scene, you’ve got two consolation prizes this week! The Arcane Mountain and Arcane Forest hitting the reward chests this week! Everyone knows about Gorgotha and The Great Maw, but have you considered Gob-Chomper? Strong recommendation to pick up enough for that Soothsayer and Archon Statue you got laying around too.

If you’re looking cheaper for the Mountains, Dust Devil and Rakshanin are good alternatives. But if you’re wanting something expensive, Famine ain’t gonna feed himself traits!

:newspaper2: It’s no mirage, the Patched Feedback Report (2.0) has finally appeared! :sparkle::island::sparkle:

Match you next time!

9 Likes

2000+ keys later and still no Famine…
About a quarter of those were VIP keys too :cry:

3 Likes

Trait them both! :slight_smile:

Only have enough glory for 1

Settite warrior going to be awesome in a rowanne deck…

4 Likes

Damn. I’ve already been using Famine effectively as-is. This is a huge boost. Woo!

(This seems like it might be an overcorrection, but time will tell…)

4 Likes

So I don’t get the Anubis and Set dynamic.

The Anubites are fairly accurate but the Settites are way off. Set is not the god of nature or rivers, but of chaos, war, the desert and storms. Additionally, he had little to no conflict with Anubis. Set’s rival was Osiris, and then Osiris’ son, Horus.

1 Like

They probably exist as cults in a fantasy setting that have some basic similarity to actual things, but aren’t meant to be wholly accurate but flavorful towards the setting they exist in.

3 Likes

supposed to be sobek^^ :sunglasses:

1 Like

True, but Set was associated with Crocodiles as well

“Set was the black boar who swallowed the moon each month, obscuring its light. He was also identified with the hippopotamus, crocodiles, scorpions, turtles, pigs and donkeys - all animals which were considered to be unclean or dangerous.” - Set (Seth) | Ancient Egypt Online

With that obligatory image out of my system… Good grief Famine looks strong now. I thought the costs would remain the same throughout the horsemen cycle, guess not.

7 Likes

Website has been updated!

New troops:

Modified troops:

5 Likes

I’m meh on both troops. But at least I will get famines thrid trait!

Which I am also (even lost buff) meh on. But it is the principal of the matter.

1 Like

I agree neither jump out as amazing troops, but I’m keen to see whether an interesting defense team can be made with Anubite Warrior and his armor gain and gate summon. (Particularly with the 2.0 change to summons meaning they get team bonuses when they come in as well)

1 Like