Grinding Gears

Let me know how this works!

You could also do:
Carnex
Soothsayer
Brian
Ghiralee

With all of the late game magic bonuses, I am starting to dislike Soothsayer. It takes 10 casts to give the same magic boost that 1-4 casts with Brian will give. Instead, you could use Gorgotha for double explosions. Ghiralee could always boost herself, so the extra mana would be welcome.

Dudes, I already have the perfect line-up for her… ^^

Magic comes in due time; I focus on LIFE (and Attack).

Seems like an odd combo but this (mainly) Adana team has been working well. Flame Canon is fully traited so 25% less damage and skull hit sets enemy on fire.
Leave him full of mana and let Alchemist fill Ghiralee and Bul’Tauros.

ps
I have no idea how that goblin caught fire !

Took us a while to figure out how the Goblin caught fire (there’s a sentence I never thought I’d ever need to type).

@Nimhain cleverly pointed out that the Hobgoblin with Agile has probably dodged an attack from the Flame Canon with Aflame, and the Goblin got set alight instead! Need to investigate if that is ACTUALLY a bug

2 Likes

Making Agile have the skull damage (and subsequent status ailments from skull damage) hit the next unit in the list would go a LONG way in making it less annoyingly overpowered.

As long as the bug was fixed on top of that, it’s an interesting idea

I believe that we should amplify this thought process… What about putting a higher percentile chance to dodge on the trait (i know i know, hear me out) and guarantee that the damage falls on the next target. This would cause agile to be a last slot trait to be fully effective, which contradicts trueshot troops. … making it your choice which to maximize the benefit. Thus, when you chose to set it on top it will protect the troop (the whole reason for dodge, yes?)

Mentally it fits as well, you go to hit someone in a crowd, you miss and hit the next person Our troops ARE in an LINEUP.

@Sirrian Opinion?

And then the next troop would have it’s traits come into play: Agile, Stoneskin, etc…

Maybe decide to go with a Golem (armor gain + stoneskin) after the agile troop to soak up damage,

That’s the Idea @Rasper It creates versatility. there might be some strong combo’s that come out of it… Let the dev’s decide the % chance to dodge, but i do not think they would take it over 50%

Tradeoff being you’re using up 2 of 4 slots (the trueshot dodger and the beefcake after), leaving just 2 slots for combo setup. So either Sheggra + Heart, but no Valk for souls and blues and Golem soaks up some brown mana first. Or Skel + Spider, but only one skel means less chance of getting good chaining.

I like it! A lot more strategy than “stick a dodging trueshot up front and feed him”

inb4 4x agile troops in a row. I like it; pretty much turns it into the Stealth trait for skulls.

But, even if they raised it to 50%, having 4x agile means that damage is still going to land somewhere. Be a coin flip on each target, chances are you’re going to get a heads in 4 flips. And while it would take a while to finish them all off, you sacrifice your builders/combo to have an all agile team.

Maybe the dmg should always land so agile in last spot would be worthless.

@Sirrian
Re the flamin’ goblin - I recall that there was quite a big skull hit towards the end of the game.

I am not sure you guys noticed how often this “30%” procs, raising it to 50% would be way to much. But I do like the idea that if the first troop is missed, next one takes damage, I just don’t agree with dodge % increase. Imagine true shoot troop having a dodge of 50. No matter that you do damage to troops after it, eventually that true shoot troop will clear all of your team with couple skull matches if you don’t get rid of it soon (and increasing its dodge would make that a lot harder).

What about this? Dodge percentage stays the same at 30% with a 30% chance of hitting the target behind it. Just because you dodging attack doesn’t necessarily mean that the attack is going to hit someone else. That makes a lot more realistic sense.

Then there arises an issue of there being a chance that your evasion will misfire, and when that happens you’ll feel like crap. And recall bias will blow it out of proportion, and Agile won’t feel fun to use.

… Lets put it in.

2 Likes

… more realistic sense… It made me remember this cartoon PA made in honor of Puzzle-Quest:

the original can be found here: An Excerpt From The Book Of Deeds - Penny Arcade

13 Likes

I will use her, when I have to grind in Khaziel or Adana. She seems to be very effective against constructs.