GOW newbie - playing tips

It doesn’t sound like you play enough to hang with us for long, but we have an open guild without the need for an invite, so you can join of your own accord if you want to check us out.

You might be surprised how much your income(s) (think gold, keys, glory, and souls) go up when you’re a member of a good guild—our gold requirement is low enough that it’s easy to meet it and still level kingdoms up (which is by design).

But l’ll let you in on a little secret: people who get 1500 seals are few and far between, so you might just avoid the boot for that alone in Bloodred Revenges, especially if l know you’re using gold to level kingdoms! Obviously, we would rather have players who exceed expectations rather than strive to hit the minimums, but I’ve always taken pride in the players that our guild has fostered into the midgame and beyond.

Regardless of whether you join us, though, you should really at least try your hand at most events—your guild gets points even for guild wars losses, after all, and you’ll never get better if you just ignore it.

2 Likes

You are right. I don’t get enough time to invest to play on higher ranking guilds yet. My current guild is under 20 members and half of them barely contribute and get kicked out every other week or so. Replacement most likely will be a newbie which doesn’t help either. I hang in there as the requirements are manageable for now but I could easily upgrade to a better guild as you suggested so I can get level 5 chests. But again, I don’t want to feel pressured to meet the requirements with highly competitive guilds.

Also I need to explore more to understand all the options/features available in this game. For now I just focus on PVP and upgrading kingdoms and ignore the rest. Upgrade kingdoms but not necessarily finish quests. Not sure if that’s the right thing to do.

Is it better time invested in PVP vs kingdom quests?

As quests guess you mean the challenges? those arent really needed at start (even tho they give nice souls) but later when you need raise kingdoms stars.

If you mean instead the story quests, it’s better finish them so you get the free epic troops, even those that dont seem so useful sooner or later will find their use, for example i used gemhammer to get rid of the great maw in a gw match not long ago (also keghammer to kill fast a titan another time).

PvP can be useful if you can win at a decent pace to get golds to raise kingdoms but first i would do all kingdom main quests, pvp is also useful for ingots you need to upgrade weapons seen look like you didnt even started with delve.

1 Like

I’m trying to tell you there’s no pressure—I just want to give you free stuff for a week or two because you seem invested, and—who knows?—you might actually thrive in a guild with better participation, and then you’d feel motivated to make that week or two a much longer stay by meeting our very low requirements XD

Yes, the kingdom quests. I haven’t finished all the ones though I leveled them up. I play them mainly when I need specific traitstones since PVP gains you more gold I heard. I did get the troops for the quests I finished but I don’t necessarily really use them in my teams. As you stated, it might come handy in the future.

No I haven’t started delve yet.

Ok let me think about it. Currently I am kinda busy with work and stuff I play like 2-3 days a week to catch up. Once I get more free time, I will check out your guild team as I don’t wana be stuck with guild level 2 chest for ever. lol

1 Like