GoW music topic

I just discovered that Ludovico made the score of “Intouchables”. This is one of my favorite movies that had been released in the last few years.
Now i understand why i kind of recognised the music of your post. :wink:

Yeah, really like it. I am also fan of the quite instrumental bands also, like Diiv.
I found a new band today as well , God is an Astronaut.

Its so chill and it cleanses my mind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is nice to read about others experiences with live gigs and the groups they have seen. I am 48 now so the 80’s was my music generation but I prefer older than that.

My tastes are for some of the stars of the 50’s- 70’s and an artist I could sit and listen to all day is this fella. The man’s voice just makes my whole body relax.

3 Likes

And now for something completely different. :sweat_smile:

Or, if Johnny Cash is more your style:

2 Likes

I love God is an astronaut, even thou i never bought any music of them.
As you are from Norway, i think you might know Biosphere as he isfrom Norway. I saw him play live for the first time in 1994 or 1995. I’m pretty sure you’ll like it.

3 Likes

Wow, I havent heard of them, but I was just a kid back then. So cool. :slight_smile: Chills x 3 :smiley:

1 Like

I’m turning 44 in 3 months, so we grew up with kind of the same music. Luckily for me my father had (and still has!) a good and interesting music collection of L.P.'s that i could play whenever i wanted as i had my own stereoset at age 7. His collection was spreading from the 50’s (Bill Haley) to the newer music. I remember playing The Who - Live at leeds and Stevie Wonder - Songs in the key of life a lot. But he also had Black Sabbath, Deep Purple.

2 Likes

Speaking of covers, if you (or anyone else) ever have the chance to attend a show of Hayseed Dixie: Do it!
It is great fun, they play rock/ metal covers in bluegrass style.

2 Likes

Well, so far - according to this thread - I’m the black sheep of the family.
I do not have an eclectic taste in music. I’m very focused.
I like Power Metal, Thrash Metal, and some Progressive Metal; in that priority order.

I have around 700 CDs, not as many as a few in this thread. If I had more money, I would have more CDs though.

Some stuff I like, in alphabetical order:
Allen/Lande
Angel Dust
Annihilator
Anthrax
Armored Saint
Artillery
At Vance
Avantasia
(there’s more A’s than I expected)
Axel Rudi Pell
Blind Guardian
Brainstorm
Crimson Glory
Dio
Edguy
Evergrey
Fates Warning
Flotsam And Jetsam
Gamma Ray
Grip Inc
Hammerfall
Iced Earth
Judas Priest
Kamelot
Leatherwolf
Lillian Axe
Manowar
Masterplan
Nevermore
Nocturnal Rites
Primal Fear
Rage
Savatage
Sinner
and so on.

List is already way too long for people to read.
Anyways. If you love stuff that I love, I’m willing to talk metal all day long.

7 Likes

THE only form of music i hate is metal … lol

I am not overly fond of country but I could at least listen to it and recognize music and not just noise :slight_smile:

You’d be surprised, if I gave you the chance to listen to some good metal.
It’s not just noise. Only the stuff we let you discover for yourself.

3 Likes

You’re for sure not alone in your musical taste, as i’m also still fond of some good old metal. I started to get interested in metal in 1986.
Most of the bands you mention are in my collection. To bad you didn’t mention Symphony X (or M. J. Romeo’s solo album where he plays a violin concerto of Paganinni) as that is one of my favorite bands.
You should give Ayreon and Shadow Gallery a try!
I played bass for a few years in a black metal band.

@Hairyskinback: Heavy metal is indeed not the most accecable music there is, the bands Bluebehir mentions are pretty accesable. Not all heavy metal is deathmetal/ black metal/ grindcore noise. :wink:

2 Likes

Newer artist I found recently that I’m really loving is Zella Day…

Wow, such a voice and interesting style… And I hadn’t realised how beautiful she was too… Almost as lovely as Mrs Jainus…

1 Like

To me this is crap like Rihanah (or whatever her name is) releases. (Over)produced, to smooth.
In a few words: not my cup up thea.
I googled her, and at first i thought she was the daughter of Jim Kerr (singer of Simple minds), but she isn’t.

Ad yes, she is pretty. Now i want to see a picture of Mrs Jainus. :stuck_out_tongue:

I listen to pretty much everything but mainstream country and whatever passes as “music” these days (so pretty much nothing after 2002). Sorry @schralenbef1, but “dance” (techno, deephouse, goa-trance, hardcore, EDM) is something I don’t consider music. Most of it is literally random noise with little to no rhythm or structure.

However, my passion is classic rock. I was born in '85 but 75-80% of the music I listen to is older than I am

[quote=“schralenbef1, post:27, topic:4262, full:true”]
I’m turning 44 in 3 months,[/quote]
I’ll be 44 next month. :frowning:
Musically I am mainly stuck in the 80s. The good and the bad. More and more the bad, as I am getting older and I like to remind of old memories. :slight_smile:
My tastes are quite eclectic. Metal, rock, pop, classical music. A little bit of dance, electro, rap, jazz occasionnally. Sometimes some “older stuff”, like Dionne Warwick, for example. Some french stuff, sometimes more for the lyrics than for the music.

Helloween was my favourite band when I was 15. I still listen to stuff like Pyramaze, Iced Earth, Dragon Force, Sonata Arctica.

3 Likes

Lol! I am literally listening to a Sonata Arctica song as I read that. :slight_smile:
I’ve not heard Pyramaze, but if it fits in that list, I’ll go check them out immediately.

Well I did stop at ‘S’. Did you notice Allen/Lande in there? You can’t listen to Allen/Lande without having listened to Symphony X! I only have “The Divine Wings of Tragedy” but trust me, that’s a shortcoming of funds. If I had more cash, I’d have more Symphony X. Russel Allen is an amazing singer. (and you can’t be good prog band without being amazing players as well)

I’ve considered sampling Ayreon, but I’ve never been sure if they’re prog metal, or extreme metal (or extreme prog metal?). I guess I will go youtube them a little, straight after Pyramaze.
I’ve never heard of Shadow Gallery, thanks for the tip, I’ll check it out.

Found a new band today, little like Moby, but I like it.

For me this song is a reference to the daily grind, everyday one has to get
up, doing things your not fond of, but the beat of the drum (society,
discipline) keeps you on the track. So you bury high hopes and dreams
for the sake of keeping up.

1 Like
1 Like

A little oldie that I can’t get enough of. Well their best song is probably “I ran”, but this one is good too.

2 Likes