GoW Let's Play #1: Beating Sheggra w/ Starting Troops

I really appreciate this series as a new player. I have watched several of your videos which suggest early game teams. It’s really frustrating starting out because I am always missing at least 1 troop from your suggested team setups.

At lvl 25 now and the quests are getting more difficult, I often lack resources AND knowledge on what to upgrade/use. I use the girl to get maps often as thats the only real way of getting resources. Pvp is a joke because I get slaughtered by the AI chaining drops from the top that will crush me. Your 3 worm and drill team looks nice and easy except I have 0/3 worms!!

That video showing you opening 10k+ keys was disheartening bc I will NEVER have that many keys and the chances of those high drops seemed frighteningly low!

Your current playthrough is a godsend right now for me. Please keep it up and give us new players some hope.

3 Likes

Great video, I will watch series for sure to learn new things. :slight_smile:
Here are some things that was helpful for me but aren’t super obvious.

1. You get bonus not only from kingdom but also troop type and it’s very significant bonus at very beginning.

2. After maxing warlord class your hero becomes real beast.

3. Never trust AI completely, as it will miss any extra turns that come from cascade.
    For example AI will suggest matching skulls, instead of blue gems to get 4 greens.

4. Search function is very helpful for those, that aren’t familiar with troops yet. You can use keywords like “transform”, “create”, “remove” to find troops with board manipulation ability. It works for troop type as well damage type.

2 Likes

Yeah, I will be showing the Warlord class and Arena in the next video. Warlord class makes early game hero ridiculously strong. I’ll have it maxed out before any other troop. Too bad hero magic doesn’t work in Arena anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t having a end-game “whale” joining your lowbie guild a bit unrepresentative of the lowbie experience? :slight_smile:

1 Like

He can still uses units that aren’t that strong.

Well yeah, but he can do that on his main. Also didn’t he say he went through all of Broken Spire with a Kerberos he looted?

Not really. I won’t be playing on that account too much compared to my main, so the little bit of extra resources just makes up for the lack of time of me not being on it. The guild’s output isn’t even particularly high. Any 1,000 - 101 guild is doing around the same or even more. It will also help me be able to cover early and mid game at the same time. That way late game can be covered by my main.

1 Like

I could have done it without the Kerberos. I just wanted to see if I could beat all of Broken Spire without leveling anything. As you saw in the video, I switched back to starter troops when doing the boss. Also, that Kerberos was from a lucky 12 glory drop of the first 12 ever oppened. Someone on the forum posted a level 8 that got the mythic War.

Fair enough. To be fair, watching non-accelerated progress would probably get old fast :3

Exactly why I am doing it this way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Never say never. Join a good guild right away, guilds are the secret to good progression in this game. Any guild that has people that donate will make your game easier, and get you gems and keys MUCH FASTER. Heck maybe @Tacet has room in the lowbie guild he is in!

2 Likes

@Althax

It is full I think, but it has many inactives. Contacting @Felicity is the easiest way to get in if interested in joining us.

I sent her a message to give it a shot. My guild isnt bad but its not that great either.

If you’re not in a very active guild, you could join the one I started a few weeks ago. If you’re interested? It is open to all people, and several are new. We’ve already reached guild rank 27 and receive 70% daily bonus. It will be 100% soon. I’m the main contributor of gold at the moment, but when some of the people are done leveling their kingdoms, we will be getting more tasks done. I’ve donated over 500,000 gold this week alone. And we’ve gotten several tasks completed. I’m looking to get active people in it. It’s cool if you’re not interested in leaving your current guild. I’m just hoping to get some more active people. Cheers.

I’m looking for some active players for my guild if you’re interested? Check my post above for some details. It’s a new guild I started because I have several friends that play. A few of us are very active. I’ve maxed all my kingdoms, so I donate quite a bit of gold. 1.5 million in the first 3 weeks so far. One of my friends is almost done leveling his kingdoms, so we will be getting even more gold into tasks soon. I don’t have requirements for players. Just enjoy the game. Hopefully I’ll have several active players with maxed kingdoms before too long and things will really accelerate.

My guild is meant for newbies however i can only give so much gold to the guild by myself so i know my little guild mates must be having a bad time with out my contributions.

Can I get an invite to your guild? I’m enjoying this game a lot!

You sure can. What’s you invite code? It’s in the setting menu at the bottom of you’re not sure.

It’s not showing the little reply icon. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong. Anyway @Althax let me know your invite code and I’ll get you in my guild. I’ve got a little gold saved up and I’ll complete a glory keys task for you. If it’s still there. It’s not too far from being completed already.

Cool invite is

DRAKE_38

Just left my guild