GoW Database: Invasion Leaderboard

It’s no worries!

I’ve incorporated the total invasion counts from the profile data instead of trying to infer it myself, as @yonizaf suggested. The total invasion counts should be much more accurate as a result.

I’ve also changed the leaderboard code so that, if you view a leaderboard while you are signed in, it will update your own value only (as if you had accessed My Collection). That way, you can check and update your position on the leaderboard without having to go to My Collection (which was pretty unintuitive).

As a side effect of all this, once again I am operating only with a subset of user data; if you find yourself missing in the leaderboard, visit either your My Collection page or one of the leaderboards to get your info to update.

6 Likes

Ahhhh okay okay, makes sense. Yeah when I looked and saw I was 2nd, was just a little shocked! :open_mouth:

Yes thank you for these updates. Seriously much appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Something seems a bit off to me. I’m not nit-picking or anything but my invasions have gone down by more than 1,000 while others that I noticed have stayed about the same.
Wouldn’t it be the same for everyone if the data was correct?

I think data for other people will only update to the correct values when they actually visit the site to either check their collection or the leaderboards.

I’m not sure why invade counts are decreasing; I would have expected me to be lowballing results based on the fact that you can invade with less than 4 troops. At this point I’m at the whim of the GoW team’s data handling. The invade counts you now see are coming directly out of your profile and aren’t being inferred by individual troop invade counts.

2 Likes

Ok ,thanks for the explanation @Lyya and @Stan.

So I was looking… And it seems like if its by invades… I’ve invaded this many times… image

But shows that I have image Just a little confused now

I’m tracking total invades; what you see is total invade wins. I could change my leaderboard to wins only if y’all like, or put in both columns (though it’d only sort by one).

2 Likes

I feel that I must clarify myself. I hope that you didn’t think that I was being critical of you @Lyya, that was not my intention, I’m not the best at expressing myself. I actually think that you bring a lot to these forums and you’re worth your weight in gold to the community.

3 Likes

Ah by total. Sorry didn’t even use my brain. Though did not include loses. Makes a bit more sense.

No offense taken – you are right to wonder why your total suddenly decreased! I wonder that too :S

Maybe creatures summoned in were/are counted in the original invade numbers.
That would explain a decrease when switching to the new calculation?

@Strawnyy If that little pic is from the stats page after you click the pvp button, then that one won’t count casual pvp invades, which I’m assuming Lyya’s data does. Certainly they are for the amount of creature invades.

2 Likes

Possibly teams with duplicate troops?

And as always, great work @Lyya!

1 Like

Yes impressive numbers

:sunglasses:

Finally promoted leaderboards into sort and filter tables.

13 Likes

@Lyya Good grief, you keep out doing yourself every few days with adding more functionality! Very Nice!!!

2 Likes

And here was me thinking she was on holiday :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I haven’t checked mine yet, but I just wanted to say thank you for all your work, and you are appreciated.

I told you wrong. I have been testing tonight playing both casual and ranked pvp, After playing casual my invasions are not being counted towards my overall invasions in-game. So if you want to progress on the leaderboard you need to be playing ranked pvp. I just thought I would let people know my findings.

1 Like

I think that might be the cause of the discrepancy between the old numbers and the new. The total I’m now displaying (that came directly from the game API itself) is ranked only. When I was totaling up the troop invade counts and dividing, that was ranked and casual.

Sorry for the confusion. :frowning:

2 Likes