Google Play: Offers & Pack Changes

Hey everyone,

For players on Google Play, depending on your region, you may notice some real-money price changes come through as of today - These were made in line with currency conversion rates.

This will vary from country to country, so where some players in one country may not see any change, there may be some in other countries who see a difference.

This has been applied across both Infinity Plus Two’s games (Gems of War and Puzzle Quest 3).

As always, we appreciate your support in all capacities!

3 Likes

will this continue to happen as the markets are always fluctuating?

Prices just increased by 50% in my game. Just realized it is a full 50%!!! What was an expensive but still affordable game has just sadly become out of my reach. I will have to say goodbye. It is not fun to play if you cannot afford anything. Only the top wealthy 10% in my country will be able to maybe afford this, though I doubt they will be willing to spend these amounts on a game. From my research there are only 3 other GOW players in my country anyway.

Thank you for all the fun I had.

7 Likes

What country are you from Warlock.
I’m intrigued, so few players.

1 Like

Hello @Kafka
Turkey google play prices have increased by like x3 only.
Why do they still have advantage over other people ?
Ring of wonder is around 25 usd for anyone but only 3 usd for turkey play market. Same goes for everything else - offers / runes etc. It is unfair for some people to buy things for less than a half price then what other people pay.
Turkey play market prices should be increased by x3 more for it to be fair.

It’s to do with cost of living
And average wages in each country.

For instance if turkey hourly wage is 5 euros
And Germany hourly wage is 13 euros.

They have to charge less in turkey. As Turkish people get less money.

Every country, region is different.

Ps. I’m using random numbers, I don’t live in them countriee.

1 Like

South Africa

Cool. We had a south African in our guild on Xbox.

Called conquera .

Thanks for telling me :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Now I’m kind of curious: What is the baseline currency, that will remain stable throughout and to which the other currencies are adjusted? Australian Dollar, US-Dollar or something entirely different?

2 Likes

I suspect the default may be USD.

I’m not American, but prices in game always show as USD by default for me. It only changes to CAD when I’ve opened up the transaction to pay for it.

having had time to think about this, I dont think its to do with exchange rates at all, rates are always in flux. I think this is to do with the loss of paying players and they have increased to minimise losses. If this is the case this move will backfire hard as the player base will continue to reduce.

3 Likes

on steam its always USD for me, google play always GBP (local)

Does Google recommend exchange rates on game prices? I know Steam does; did cause a bit of a shift (or, in case of Turkey and Argentina, a massive one) when they last released new ones in autumn 22 to replace the previous ones from 17.

You can’t charge the same in

Africa, middle east , Asia , s. America for games and game addons

As they do in UK and USA and Europe.
They’d make no sales.

It’s the same way when you buy clothes from china there cheaper, as there made cheaper and the workforce is paid less.

Nothing to do with loss of players.

You can’t milk a stone mate.

1 Like

I just realized my price increase in South Africa was by a full 50% !!! On all items. Which other countries were increased and by how much?

1 Like

For the sake of perspective, here’s a list of the mentioned changes on Steam pricing from 2022 compared to 2017. Prices in Rand had been rising by 40-50% after that adjustment.
https://steamdb.info/blog/valve-price-matrix-2022-update/
For comparison it would be good of course to know, if this game here has established its previous exchange rates at launch in 2014 or had already adjusted them once more at a later date.

2 Likes

Given that the exchange rate between Canadian dollars and USD has varied between $1.36 and $1.42 over the past year those of us in Canada were only paying about 10% to 15% more than our neighbour’s to the south.
The current price increase is around 5%…
As a note of interest prices were lower on Google Play than the App Store

1 Like

So this means prices were raised by 50% in 2022 and now again by 50%??? Or the 2022 increase was delayed until now?

I am just still in shock - 50% is a huge increase to drop without warning, all of a sudden.

If the pricing lists are even similar enough to compare, the current one for google would be a “delayed” one. More often than not, you got different prices on different platforms anyhow, as the fees are not the same. Just wanted to throw that in to show, that such price leaps can happen under certain circumstances (and, as in the case of turkish Lira and argentinian Peso in the link, can be a lot more dramatic even).
And let’s not forget, that in 2017-2019, the US-Dollar had a quite weak stretch compared to before and after, so if the previous price level on google was set around that time, an increase in other currencies compared to dollar would only be natural.

Just poking blindly here; I just don’t have the info for deeper analysis.

Guys I don’t know if you shop in real life.

But everything has gone up in price in my country. UK

Food, fuel, electric, gas , so this sort of is expected surely.

Can’t really blame these guys, blame the hammer and sickle people. They made it this way.