Goblins...something is wrong here

Yeah welcome to Gems of War. I believe you. However I don’t think that it’s fair and balanced. If you play a game and have to watch and sit back how you lose or can’t even do anything… it’s just a major flaw. I had 3 turns, today ‘HootyMcOwlFace’ stated 3 troops lost in 1 turn. Hello??

Keep in mind that I’m talking about Guild Wars where I have to pick a gem colour. I cannot sort out the ‘best’ team in order to defeat the golbin team. It’s unbalanced and because of those extra turns + cascades it’s not playable and unfair.

But I’m creating this Goblin team right now and for good use. I’m going to leech the flaws of Gems of War.

Yes, you can choose any team you want. You just get some extra points for using specific color, that’s all.

4 Likes

Look if you weren’t supposed to fight Goblins they wouldn’t call it “Goblins War”.

No, seriously. 7 of my last 10 GW fights were Goblins. I ought to get a bonus for this.

1 Like

Wow I think I won’t survive if I had to fight 7 out of 10 Goblin teams in Guild Wars. Yeah I think you should get a bonus for that… even if you lose. Just by the amount of cards you’ve defeated in the AI team. Best thing is, you might encounter me next time, I used to have a different team but now… now I have a Goblin team :smiley:

I don’t have much problem with goblin team actually. I always spend more time crafting team than actually using them in battle.

The main troop for all 6 days is this…

• Brown/Yellow - just spamming Gob Chompers.
  • Blue/Purple - Queen Mab and Psion are quite great at stopping enemies from casting too much, but still depend on chance of skull/4,5 match
  • Green - I find Coral golem working really well. Submerge is quite useful for avoiding heavy AoE damage. Or Krystalnex for fast game with a change of looping.
  • Red - no spacific counter on this day, but any fast-winning team might work. Infernus is the best candidate. Others are Sunbird, Dragon soul, Bard-Dawnbringer.

I like facing goblin team for the fact that I have to plan for many things that could go wrong. Other teams can be tough, but any best teams might able to beat it. But for Goblin team, spacific counter is almost essential.

But facing Goblin team all the time though, that another thing conpletely. It must be frustrating and boring, but I’m only at Blanket 8, so I don’t have a personal experience on that.

5 Likes

Good post @TimeKnight. I totally agree with you. :ok_hand:

1 Like

In Guild Wars, I always try to have mana draining troop and a troop whose purpose is to fill the mana drainer. Nyx, Moloch, Emperor Khorvash, and Famine. The latter two are especially useful because they can drain stealthy troops like Princess Fizzbang.

If you want to be succeeding in Guild Wars, Famine is my single most recommended target for crafting. And if you don’t have Khorvash or Moloch, they’re cheaper than a mythic to pick up at the Soulforge (though if you don’t have any of those three, you probably shouldn’t be putting too much pressure on yourself to win in Guild Wars).

If everyone set a Goblin Defense for PvP, I’d be a happy man.

With you on Goblins for Guild Wars though. There are solutions to Goblins, but it doesn’t make the process any less stupid.

Yawn… Goblins… perfectly beatable most of the time… any control team should beat them… now and then you’ll lose to just utter unity rngbs, but that can happen with any high end defence…

I beat Goblins several times this week in GW and pvp… and in GW I lost two matches that I’d usually easily win where (both times) cascades from nowhere filled enemies that chain cast and killed three of my troops before my second turn…

I too went up against Goblins in GW, and don’t even bother with the color of the day. Depending on my mood it is 3 Krys+DragonSoul, the Armageddon team - Dragon Soul, Infernus, Elemaugrim+Umberwolf

Or I get mean and bring out Goblins to Goblins deck (Brothers, Fizz, Queen, Brothers)

I’ve stopped caring about color in GW if its Goblins

You’re not “restricted”, you just don’t get such a big bonus, but I’d far rather take a smaller bonus and get the win than chance losing which will be fewer points anyway.

2 Likes