Goblin Teams are so unbalaced :(

Here we go again, crew how about a nerf? :wink:

This is still one of the best teams there is. I prefer having Valkyrie in the third slot and Banshee in the fourth slot, but that hardly makes a difference, Couple this with the Proud banner for double red bonus and with 2 3-red matches youā€™re ready to start changing gems. This team can easily be used to defeat any team (golbin team, dragon team, webspinner/venoxia team) at Warlord 2 level. The only downside of this team, IMHO, is that matches take quite longā€¦

Thatā€™s the standard all-time farming line-upā€¦ proven to win effectively - but sooooo slowā€¦ and you really have to pay attentionā€¦

I have a Goblin team and I sure am not seeing what you guys are seeing - no full-blown Goblin teams when going to Level 1 PVP in the past day, either Invading or Defending (level 122 and have faced a range of players from a high of 200+ to a low of 60 or 80-ish). A few teams had a couple goblins (Rocket, Hobgoblin), but no full-four Goblin teams. I did face a couple of the Banshee-Valkerie-Alchemist teams, but it is also easy to beat when you take out the Hero or Banshee (the damage dealing troops) first - the other two donā€™t matter after that.

I donā€™t think that the goblin or dragon line-up are brokenā€¦ I just think they are well built and taking advantage of the new game mechanic!
The only difference with other builds, is that theyā€™re accessible to many, as they require no legendaries or low-tiers ones.

I would not nerf these teams, I would add new bonuses that power-up other mixes.

As @Archenassa would say, thatā€™s my two gemsā€¦

Pile on here:

Letā€™s leave the goblins alone and makes cards that are good counters!

I agree, although I think they were strong in 1.06 also. I also agree that they should be accessible to many (except Hobgoblin! Still opening chests for it!) but as I was trying to state from my experience, not too many are necessarily (which is why I included my level info in case the players seeing goblin teams are in a different range).

I will say that during last weekā€™s PVP, I did come across more full Goblin teams, maybe 3-4? I didnā€™t keep track of the players though, so not sure if I faced any this time and they were swapped out or what. Those were some pretty exciting mirror matches though. :smile:

As a side-note, my Goblin team was actually the first team my 6 year old built when he wanted to see the game and the troops :smile:

The reason I put banshee in 3rd is to avoid any ā€œhit the last unitā€ mechanics, like the rock worms. If the banshee dies I have a hard time doing damage, so i put it in the safest slot.

The real fun comes when my gobby team runs into someone elseā€™s gobby team! Some nail biting, cascade calculating moves there. So far I havenā€™t lost any of those engagements, though several have been won due to luck for sure.

I had a goblin team from before the patch, but I could never get it to work. The goblins were just too fragile to really get going. I left it as a defense team to provide some variety for peeps tired of seeing the same old teams. It pretty much lost every defense. I took it down as a defense team after the patch because there were too many other gobby teams and a lot of peeps were saying they were no fun to fight. I still run it as my attack team though and it is incredibly effective.

Now my defense team is dwarfs (I moved to Khaziel so it seemed to make sense), and while they donā€™t lose as much as the pre-patch gobbies, they certainly donā€™t win very often (getting them all to lvl 15 would prolly help though).

-Razlath

After 1.0.8, too many golbin teams :frowning:

True - but thereā€™s a detailed Goblin discussion here Goblageddon (quite scary) - #126 by Ragereaver
so donā€™t suggest we revive this thread for it too!