Gnomes Appearing without treasure in Explore

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam/PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This may actually be intended, but after seeing that the non-treasure gnomes also do not appear in Scout, I thought that it MIGHT be a bug. Basically, while exploring in Zaejin, I frequently run into gnome packs that don’t actually carry any treasure. This can be confusing, especially when they are mixed with actual treasure gnomes. It’s also strange that they do not appear when scouting the troops even if they do not carry any treasure.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Seems to happen rather frequently. Every 5 matches or so?

Steps to make it happen again
Just play Explore in Zaejin a couple of times.

Do you have that card? If you do, it just the random appearance from your collection.

I do. I wasn’t aware of such mechanic, but I guess that explains it then? It is still strange that they won’t show up in scouting though.

Only Mythic’s (maybe Legendaries?) will appear if you own them in place of a troop but not the gnomes. You see, the thief class has Soul Gnome, Treasure Gnome and Cedric appearing as regular enemies which is what you are seeing. It’s not a bug, it’s intentional.

Note though that I’ve been Titan class during these battles,

Someone posts this at least once a month, here is the answer:

Technically it is a bug. The bug is not “the gnomes do not drop treasures”. The bug is “the quests associated with this team are not released yet”. The devs know, and either don’t care or can’t fix it.

It doesn’t matter what class you are, if you explore in Zaejin, the storyline quests to unlocking Thief have Gnomes as enemies which is why you see sackless Gnomes.

Aaaah, in that sense hehe. Sorry, misunderstood you there :slight_smile:

I thought this quest team was released with the thief class?

1 Like

This is right, I forgot! So it’s no longer a bug, just “a troll against the players”

Hi @Saephism, if this is happening frequently, are you able to share a video of the issue occurring before you begin the match/during the match? Whilst Gnomes can appear in teams as normal Troops without loot they should be showing up in Teams before scouting.

At the very least, it would be helpful to see a screenshot showing the match/team making before the battle, a screenshot during the battle (as you’ve done), and the rewards. This will help us identify the logs so we can see what’s going on there. This will help us understand the issue and enable support to pinpoint the battle log created to see if anything is wrong

If you’re on W10 you can historically or normally record screens too with an in-built feature