Gnome Weekend Strategy and Rates

I tend to use Gnome Weekends to force myself to do some Explore instead of PvP, to farm the traitstones that I may be after, so I will usually focus on specific Kingdoms: however, a couple of guildmates who go kingdom-hopping have reported (with screenshots) a much higher Gnome appearance rate (and vault key drop rate @ ~30-40 for ~1000-1500 battles), so I wondered: are there any factors that influence when a Gnome will appear in an Explore battle?

Also: do we have any data on how often will a Vault Key will drop from a Treasure Gnome? Gnomes seem more likely to appear in Explore than in PvP: what is the ratio?

Just trying my luck in case any of the GoW Mathemagicians have run some numbers on these, or if the % are available somewhere, just like how the Chest Drop Rates are now public.

:blush::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

It’s all rng. As for droprate my personal data showed on average a gnome would appear 1:11 and would drop a VK at about the same ratio 1:11. So approx a VK every 125 battles.
If you don’t need traitstones better off doing easy challenges for more battles per hour.

1 Like

Are there any battles where all enemies are less than 20 total health? A team of four Dust Devils would make quick work of such.

Sunbird or Rowanne team usually wins on 1st or 2nd turn so is quicker.

Sunbird
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Forest Guardian/Maraji Queen?

Can’t put Rowanne on top, because skull matches would reduce armor. But can’t put her underneath, since Leprechauns would soak up all the green mana.

For explore I use
Sunbird
Rowanne
Leprechaun
Maraji Queen

But if you want hero xp switch Rowanne for Imperial Jewel. No need for Rowanne if doing challenges.

2 Likes

Leprechaun better than Fire Bomb? :sweat_smile::thinking::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Both good if using sunbird only but if also using Rowanne I would say yes Leprechaun better.

1 Like

You can usually get away with putting Rowanne on top if you use a Hero class with Entangle/Leafstorm. So:

Rowanne
Fire Ruby Staff/Imperial Jewel
Leprechaun
Maraji Queen/2nd Leprechaun

Can just put Fire Ruby Staff up top if you want more security, esp. if Archer or Shaman, which start with 50% mana.

Alternatively, something like this can also work:

Death Knell (class w/ Leafstorm)
Rowanne
Aurai (traited)/Leprechaun/Maraji Queen
Leprechaun

I generally find it quicker than a Sunbird team, since it’s more likely I’ll get a 4 match from the (greater number of) explosions, so less time wasted on the AI’s turn.

Edit: I should note that I haven’t found these teams to work AS well at lower levels (not enough damage, except with Fire Ruby Staff perhaps, or gems exploded). They also have more barriers to entry.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen data to discredit an assertion that Gnome appearance is a base 1% sometimes boosted to 2%, and the Vault Key drop rate is also 1%.

1 Like

Saltypatra did mention that there’s a x3 chance during Gnome Weekends

So maybe from 1% to 3%? Or if we use the 1:11 mentioned above by Fleg, from 3% to 9%?
:thinking::sweat_smile::vulcan_salute:

1:11 for a normal weekend seems preposterous. I usually see 1-2 gnomes in the 100 or so matches I play every weekend.

For Gnome weekends I don’t have a strong feeling. The devs have a weird sixth sense and schedule them on weekends when I’m too busy to play normally haha.

1 Like

I assumed he meant 1:11 during gnome weekend :sweat_smile::thinking::vulcan_salute:

I have found that

Sunbird
Imperial jewel
Firebomb
Firebomb

(Fully traited)
Are about 4 turns max per game usually 1 or 2 turns.
It also helps building your class while your farming.

On normal is about 4

1 Like

I forgot to erase on normal about 4 at the bottom just scratch that altogether and read only above it. :slight_smile:

It’s supposed to say on normal 4 turns max