Gnome-a-Palooza reward formula

From 500 fights:
42 Total Gnomes (% 8.6)
16 Band Gnomes (%3.3)
2 VK (%0.4)

1 Like

This is a random anecdotes and isn’t evidence. For example, I have gotten no less than 25 vault keys/Epic vault keys for each GaP I played today. It’s called RNG. You’re unfortunately just having bad luck, it isn’t indicative of turning down the drop rate.

Now if the data collected from hundreds of different players tracking their drop rates bore out your guess and I was an outlier, it would be a different story.

Sometimes it’s just bad luck and not a nefarious decision. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

OK, feel free to disbelieve me then. The fact remains that isolated anecdotal evidence is not proof of a change to drop rates. I know people are pissed about the nerf, but it’s also B.S. to claim all kinds of unbacked up ideas.

1 Like

And I have counts based on 3 runs. It’s not a pissing contest between the two of us to suggest that RNG is a primary factor here.

All five of our combined runs are a tiny sample size that means nothing. I’ll freely admit I could be a total outlier on the high side. You know what would prove that? Lots and lots of people precisely tracking their numbers so that there is a very large sample size so an average drop rate could be found.

Also, your math is wrong. 4 gnomes a battle, averaging roughly 4 battles a minute with an efficient quick kill team, x 15 minutes of the event is 240 gnomes. Let’s be generous and say 220 gnomes due to longer battles sometimes. 25 keys (combining regular and epic counts together)/220 x 100 is 11.36% drop rate, not 33-50%. Multiple keys can and do drop during a single battle.

All this to say, these are individual experiences that can easily be explained by RNG variance.

3 Likes

I’ve done 20 GAPs today. I’m averaging 17.5 vault keys & 2.25 Epics per GAP. That’s a rat’s whisker under 20.
And yes, I’ve had multiple over 20 & multiple under 20. More under 20 obviously.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see how stuff shakes out. I definitely think I was on the lucky side.

Also, goddamn 20 GAP? I have a hard time doing way less than that before I start to get tendon pain in my mouse arm from repetitive stress clicking as fast as possible. I’m impressed by the dedication to the grind.

If the devs are insistent on making keeping this illogical cap, can I make a request?

To create a game mode where the game isn’t telling me that anything I can fight is too easy for me; that I should stop being a wimp and fight something harder?

I’ve done 30 so far. I’m averaging 19.2 VK & 2.05 EVK.

Based on how many gnomes I’ve killed total I’m averaging 64.9 battles per GAP. My highest was 68.

1 Like

3 gaps for me. Averaging 19-20 vault keys, occasional epic vault key, between 18-20% of the normal resources otherwise. That’s with 56, 57 and 58 battles per gap or around 4/min.

1 Like

If the reward nerf for non-VK items is based around a 50 second timer, is it actually possible to ever exceed more than a theoretical (assuming no menu or other loading times…) 1.2x (realistically less and closer to just 1x) the rewards of a person playing 1 battle per minute, with regards to this statement? Obviously VKs can be more.

Before you talk you should think. 65 Battle per 15min is about 4,333 battles per min. Thats slower than 5-5,2 bpm which seems to be the max.
Furthermore fleg is not the reason since we top players warned dev before they realized gnome storm. After the first nerf most stop to care about everything and now dev using the top players as scapegoat
If you would have read the first post then you see the estimated formula which implies that dev wants people just to do 1 battle per min. Now tell me are you able only to do one battle per min? If you can do more than you are also to be “blamed” for being able to play too fast

7 Likes

Yes how dare we put good teams together. Imagine blaming the players for using what’s available. By the way are you only able to do 1 battle per minute? If so I’m sorry to say but you don’t know how to play the game.

6 Likes

I come to think that I understand what they mean by “too easy” - it’s any battle you can win. If it wasn’t easy, you wouldn’t win. Duh!

1 Like

Regardless of how healthy some gameplay habits may be, it’s super impolite to bash someone for playing a lot.

9 Likes

Putting some additional things into context: the game is a grind to do almost anything. It takes 5,050 xp to level one class to 100. That’s 84+ hours of grinding at one battle per minute, doing explores (so also getting gold/souls). So people that are efficient take the blame? I don’t think so.

They nerfed resources entirely too much. They knew this would happen and implemented it anyway. Then nerfed it so players can blame other players instead of the bean counters getting all of the blame. Put the blame where it’s deserved: management making the decisions on what to implement.

12 Likes

Salty was likely also including the standard battles rewards in her calculcation, the gold, traitstone, souls, champion xp and occasional treasure map you always get.

1 Like

But you did…

1 Like

He was contributing statistics, there was no implication of bragging. For all you know he may have bought verses, or grinded a lot of them during the first GAP Vault weekend.

2 Likes

Fleg said that they used 30 gnome storms and not that they farmed 30 gnome storm sets. In fact they had those amount from last event. If you call his 68 battle as elite then what are you calling my 73 batlles? oO
And you shouldnt even talk about stuffs you dont know at all. First at all they know about the mess of gnome storm beforehand since top player warned them before IP2 made a preview. Even in the preview they got warned again. And they didnt listen.
Because of that some of the ancient player and veterans loses hope and stop helping them out which leads to the bad situation we are in atm.
And lastly ironhawk is the fastest but even with rowanne set you can get 4+ per min. So speaking every so called “non elite” can spree gnome storm so fast over that they are also “too fast” by IP2 definition.
So i only can see your post as a “rant” without even knowing anything

1 Like

I didn’t say that…check the quotes :grinning:

I’m nowhere near elite and have 2 irons…got lucky with a x2 pull when it released. Elite didn’t ruin anything, Dev’s waited until day 2 to fix their mistake and then blamed players for taking advantage so that non-endgame players would be mad at endgame.

Clearly it’s working :no_good_man: