Gnome-A-Palooza Guide

Numbers like these are why I’m terrified of this feature. Surely beta gave the devs a very clear picture of these numbers and they released the feature deliberately, right? It just doesn’t make sense when compared to anything else in the game.

My only thought is that maybe they’ve moved on to new scarce resources - deeds, warcoins, medals - and are ok with new players reaching endgame very quickly.

Should we all just keep quiet and pretend this is normal?

2 Likes

I have been doing level 1 explores with 1 cast clear times (so about 7 seconds per fight, including loading screens and button clicking), and I haven’t seen a single one of the new gnomes. I’ve done about 3-4 hours of battles I want to say (off and on since about 8:30 AM). And I have to kill four of these guys – unique too, so if I double up on one of them, that’s not good enough.

I’m not too worried about this feature.

1 Like

It’s entirely dependent on whether you can consistently loop it. If they set the numbers correctly, you really shouldn’t be able to.

Same basic strategy, but I’m going E12 when I have 100 mythstones.

I’ve found no new gnomes, but two Nysha tokens, so :man_shrugging:

They’re pretty rare in a non-Gnome-weekend, seems to me :joy:

Also I’d love it if the Gnome-a-Palooza is actually a runaway train. I don’t see it as a bad thing — if it gets tons of people actually wanting to grind and grind and grind, that tells me the incentive point is actually good, for once in the eyes of players.

It hasn’t been for a lot of “new” features recently — how many actually grind shrines for the privilege of dropping $10? How many do their 3 daily Arenas for extra offers — does anyone do beyond that? Is there a single.person.atall looking for Epic Keys for their rewards, or does basically everyone only want the one to unlock the associated achievement? :shrugging_man:shrugging_man:shrugging_man:

And if this is to good to be true and destined to be nerfed, I really, really hope I get to at least try it before that happens, even if only once.

2 Likes

My guess is that the new gnomes are rare enough that most people grinding in a steady manor will get one gnome-a-palooza per month.

Dunno what the rate will be with this lack of data so far, but I just got my first verse, so.

Progress :+1:

1 Like

I’m excited to see how rare GAP gnomes will be during Vault events. That’s the only legitimate way we can expect to be able to grind them, after all; sure, they can be found outside Vault events, but so can EVKs, lol.

While we’re all sitting here confused whether these insanely high loot rewards from GAP are intended, I say we make the most of this long Vault weekend before any nerf happens!

Any profit of using the band under a gnome event?

I mean, your second verse could also be the same as the first one you got, unfortunately. It’s not “Collect 4 of this item” it’s “Collect 4 different items.” That alone makes it similar to trying to create Orbs of Power, when you need Orbs of Ascension but only growth and wisdom are dropping. The flip side is that the drop rate between those three items is wildly to blame. Ascension Orbs only have a near 19% drop chance, whereas Wisdom is at around 42%, Growth is around 30%, and Clans is around 9%. That’s for Minor Orbs from Cedric in Vaults. For Major Orbs it’s around 13% Growth, 37% Wisdom, 30% Clan, 20% Ascension.

Of course, verses have a 100% drop chance… and I’m assuming each one of the new types of gnomes has an equal chance of appearing, compared to the other new ones. But the chances of the new ones appearing vs gnomes already in the game is probably remarkably lower. In fact, I would say the chance of finding a new gnome is probably on par, but slightly higher, than getting an epic vault key from a regular gnome.

That could change of course during vault weekend.

I know how odds work, though; stats compound, so after you get 4 of the same it’s less likely you’ll continue in that trend even though you have an “equal chance” of each one each time :man_shrugging:

That said, I just got a second Verse 1 :joy:

1 Like

Does the limited data have any indication about whether the 4 have identical/similar appearance rate, or whether we should expect a Growth, Wisdom, Clans & Ascension situation?
:sweat_smile: :crossed_fingers: :vulcan_salute:

Wouldnt be so charming, orbs at least have a reason to exist by theirselves - this isnt the case here.

1 Like

All four gnomes appeared to have an equal chance of appearing based on the encounters recorded. I also believe Salty did state on stream that they all had identical rates but I didn’t watch the stream so can’t say for certain on that.

2 Likes

15 beutiful minutes
19 vault keys
i found 4 more verses for another run
i love 5.6 update

4 Likes

Are we sure all 4 verse troops equally likely to appear? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2nd run
13 vault
1 epic
verses for another 2 run

2 verses

2 vault keys

We are. Farmed my the first GaP in 30 minutes, got more verses out than required to start the next one. Loot involved 13k glory (equals 650 glory keys), 65k souls, 200k gold, 16 vault keys (plus 7 pity keys), 2 epic vault keys, piles of ingots, some other stuff like diamonds, gems keys and jewels.

By farming this some more this weekend and turning in all the vault keys I’ll end up with around 100k gems, plus more resources of just about every kind I’ll need the next year. I guess they’ll either roll back all accounts next week or shut down the game later this year.

Edit: 4 more epic vault keys on the second GaP, and I can now craft 3 extra GaP.

2 Likes

I was asking for equal probabilities for all 4 verses. :slight_smile:

I currently have 3 - 6 of each verse, close enough to assume equal probabilities.

1 Like

I can think of about 10 ways to nerf this, and I expect all 10 to be implemented when I wake up later.

I really don’t understand how this exists.

1 Like