Give arena some love. Grant some marks for victory

As title. Arena is a game mode not many people like to play, as it offers little reward. Since it’s a form of pvp, giving silver and/or gold marks for victory fits the theme. Let’s say, 2 silver marks for each winning battle, and 2 gold marks for a victory run.

10 Likes

2 marks is way too low. I still wouldn’t do it for that. 10 minimum.

4 Likes

You can dream about silver marks.
Gold marks are never going to happen for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

In actual PvP, silver marks are earned at a rate of 20 (inner ring) / 25 (outer ring) per 5 battle wins, that is, 4 or 5 per win. So 2 silver marks per arena battle win is adequate. Or 3 at most.

In my bubble (of diamond league) right now the player at 3rd place has 139 wins, and it’s just Friday. So I assume it will take about 150 wins at least to gain 90 gold marks (reward of finishing 3rd). 150 arena wins will be 30 victory runs (at VIP level 4 or plus). So gold marks for each victory run is never gonna greater than 3. Again 2 is adequate.

3 Likes

need to be 250,000 marks and all sentinels for me to touch arena

If gold marks were added to arena then I would be willing to do a few runs here and there. PVP is so horrible now that I’d be happy to see an alternative mode that gives gold marks, even if it’s arena. 2 gold marks for a perfect run would not be OP given how weak arena rewards currently are.

4 Likes

Even if participating (not even winning) in Arena would grant a Cosmic Dragon and a Sentinel each time, I wouldn’t play it. Big waste of time and easily the worst part of GoW by far.

Good idea, Risa,

you have my vote :slight_smile:

What I like about the arena is that it’s equally difficult/easy for every player, regardless of level. And you learn something about team building there.

1 Like

139 wins in Diamond league for 3th Place?

Oh wow, you’re in a wonderful soft bubble then, Risa :))

Top 3 in mine:

2 Likes

How about some shiny dust for 5 victories or more? It’d be nice to have a way to get dust if you’re in a more casual guild.

3 Likes

It’s hard to say that (with a straight face) without seeing a Hero on the team, though.

Your hero is commanding from the sidelines. At least that’s how I see it. You made a team. Another player made a team. This counts as PVP.

Anyway, I agree that some marks would be nice. Something like silver marks for winning but add in a some gold marks for winning with no losses. One win would only get one or two marks, and more wins gets more marks.

This would be wonderful for players who don’t like the normal PVP but want the pets, players who aren’t strong enough to PVP (yet), or times in which normal PVP has been overrun by a bad combo. It also could be a booster for people who want to PVP but are having trouble and could use the marks.

2 Likes

I don’t know if Gold/Silver Marks are the right answer, but it definitely needs something modern to sweeten the deal.

Would be in favour of for example an advanced Arena that unlocks at a higher level or Team Power score (e.g. level 1,000 or 10,000 Team Power) and has better rewards, since perhaps the current Arena is largely meant to cater to newer players only…

Maybe it could use “Arena Tokens” that you can pick up randomly from all other battles (or some subset) and don’t expire… Sufficiently rare that it actually has decent rewards and is worth playing, not so rare that you never see it or ends up gating progress – kind of like Vault Keys (and Treasure Hunt…). Maybe you get an Angel reward at the end, plus some Silver Marks (not currently worth much), Gold and Glory (or some other resource).

Put in some buff choices or additional team building (troop swap/drop) between battles to keep it interesting, since 6 battles with the same team is a bit boring.

If it was Gold Marks, it then potentially becomes a pain since it might feel like you have to do Arena to keep up with progressing Kingdoms, to get Books of Deeds – so it’s risky from both that angle and also the fact that Gold Marks are strictly limited in PvP each week and you can buy them (I think).

1 Like