Get rid of scouting in pvp

i nearly lost to a single defence troop, and that was because i did not scout. i did not scout that line-up but i fought it 2 more times with easy victories, though i did not change up my line-up.

Mufasha ur post to me was the funniest to me if u say leave ppl out of it the scouting should never been brought into the game ppl played the game first with out scouting it was said that then after some of u cried and wanted scouting so u all r the ones that forced ur views on others first by wanting scouting I mean easier wins I mean scouting

An easy fix for this . . . vip 5. Support the game and the work the devā€™s do for us and scouting is gone. Wish granted. :wink:

5 Likes

u sound funny if thatā€™s the case the first rules didnā€™t have scouting why wasnā€™t it left alone then

Iā€™m so glad u said never I cant even start to cut into u

I donā€™t use scout I had a friend that was playing before me watching me play a few times so he asked me to click scout to show me somethings cause I fight all the higher players that I have to pick from other then that I donā€™t use it

well thanks again for u all replies, so how bout they keep scouting and let me set 3 of my teams as defence and one get picked by random for ppl to fight

1 Like

You canā€™t compare the current PvP to what was back then. Many changes were made to PvP in the last patch, because invade wins matter much more now with PvP rankings added. I believe that even if scouting was not added when it did, it would be added now (even without anyone asking for it), because with current PvP it just makes sense.

BTW, I donā€™t scout either, so itā€™s not like I want an easier life for myself. I just think that anyone who need it deserve to have it, as a quality-of-life feature and an improvement to the game.

1 Like

Why do any of us waste our time trying to talk sense to illiterate trolls?

6 Likes

If we get rid of scouting in pvp, i guarantee you there will be a bigger complain thread asking for it backā€¦

2 Likes

Scouting is a big advantage for you, the player.

@acemec2000 clearly you are the only one on this forum that actually thinks scouting is bad.

That said, even if scouting was removed, it would not change my (or many other people on this forumā€™s) win rate one bit. It sounds like you donā€™t like your defense team losing, thatā€™s going to happen regardless. Scouting is the last thing you should be worried about.

All it would do is NARROW the metagame to guaranteed quick kill teams, this would actually reduce strategy and options available when invading.

2 Likes

Maybe play the game a while longer before you decide that you know better than the community at large.

1 Like

ummmm I donā€™t think u 38 ppl r the community at large last I checked its way more then just 38 ppl in this community, I know some ppl that feel the same way I do they just donā€™t post so unless u talk to every last person that plays this game donā€™t talk to me about community

O and for the record dumb ideals get ignored thatā€™s what Iā€™ve seen in my life time

I know those people have just been saying that to make you feel less lonely, they just donā€™t post about it.

Jokes aside, so far every single player bothering to post has expressed dislike in regards to your idea. Thatā€™s a pretty amazing outcome, considering that a lot of players actually posted something. All those other players that desperately want to see scouting removed donā€™t seem to care enough to come out of hiding.

Yes, it sucks to get told directly that your Brilliant Idea ā„¢ actually stinks. I believe most of us have been there at one point or another. Usually the best approach is to let it rest and accept that the whatever works for you may not work for everybody else.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll add my voiceā€¦ Sorry, I canā€™t agree with this idea.

Scouting brings a great tactical element to the game. I think it should be free for everyone. Picking or building a team to counter the enemy team is one of the basics of this game.

:-1: from meā€¦

5 Likes

Yup. A sign of emotional maturity is the realization that people are not attacking you when they dislike a suggestion. Everyone has ideas that donā€™t pan out.

Scouting enables the metagame. Playing without would be akin to poker without an ante phase. No thank you.

1 Like

I remember my first horrid idea, it was a dislike button. Suffice to say i moved on. As far as removing scouting from pvp, why? What benefit does it give the player? It benefits the defence team sure but the ai is buggy and in certain circumstances require specific line-ups just to beat. This would mean that you add rng to pvp that was not there with scouting. This means that the moment you battle you leave the entire game up to rng instead of any actual strategy. This would be bad for lower leveled players because they would not know to avoid over powered line-ups. Because of constant losing in pvp (where you can get the most gold in one go except maps) they would get depressed and leave the game because they just can not win. You are still early game and i run a guild centered around teaching early gamers how to best handle each aspect of the game from my point of view. Some go on into top guilds and others just stay in the guild due to it not being competitive. There are tried and true defences that work at lower levels, and i am running one of them. My defence is acolyte and 3x rockworms. You should try it some time.

1 Like

Here is my two cents on why scouting is so important.

There are 200 troops. Many of them have selective abilities that are very powerful against the right enemy, but pretty lame otherwise. Why would you bother buffing a troop when you only get benefits from their ability perhaps every 10 matches?

With scouting, you can customize your consist to target your opponent. This makes it worth upgrading more troops and gives you an opportunity to try troops out that you wouldnā€™t otherwise. Before scouting, everyone pretty much put together the baddest quartet they could (usually dragonsā€“yuck, or goblinsā€“yucker) and hoped it was good enough to win every match. The games is not Dragons of War, it is Gems of War, and I think a lot of the fun is trying out lots of different strategies.

I like scouting and was one of the folks who proposed it (not the firstā€“I donā€™t always use the search feature before I crack off.)

1 Like