Gems of War Quiz -- Test your knowledge!

I’ll modify the code to limit the number of times a particular question can be asked. It’s basically 100% random at the moment. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

This is a very fun! Thank you for doing this. Now when I need a break from match 3, I can GoW Trivial Pursuit it up! :wink:

Who wants to make Monopoly: GoW Edition? I would play the hell out of that!
Or even better RISK: GoW Edition!! :wink:

Ok… Im gonna leave before my geeky cheese ruins this thread…:cheese:

2 Likes

Any chance we can remove a couple insanely obvious questions. Got one question asking which troop had the troop type goblin and goblin was in the list.

1 Like

You can get a nice impression on how the question will look like when we are done with developing the quiz for our bot…

But keep in mind that you will have a time limit for answers in our discord version - so looking informations up before answering wont be possible :wink:
Also the first one to answer correct get extra points :stuck_out_tongue:

THX to Lyya for the great cooperation - it was a great decision to give you a spot in our team^^

2 Likes

Hah. That’d be RNG and algorithmic generation for ya :slight_smile: The same happened to me with Tauros (of type “Tauros”). I can filter those out.

Incidentally (and a general comment to everyone), copy/pasting the link at the bottom of the quiz would help a lot in reproducing bugs and regression testing fixes!

@shimrra is so going to win… I know everything, of course, but it often takes time to circulate around the extensive constellations of my superior intelligence…

I can’t wait to see the real-time quiz in action!

I’m excited to see the real-time version as well. I want to smack some booty. :kissing_cat:

Nice quiz but some question were harder for console player since they include troop and kingdom that console player dont have yet

great job!!!

http://ashtender.com/gems/console/quiz
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool i will try this one

Awesome i will need to practice 17/20 lol i need to check kingdom bonuses :slight_smile:

If I convinced myself to enter the black hole of online trivia … I would actually struggle with some stuff, such as names of some troops’ abilities. I mean, who remembers what that Rare’s ability is called? It’s just That Rare’s Ability. And I never needed to know more than that.

Of course, I could tell you it’s Blue/Yellow from Leonis Empire, Divine/Human, costs 12 mana, has lowish attack and high health, and the ability creates gems cleanses and gives armor. Just not the name of the ability.

For me, the ability names are pretty straightforward, since there are only 4 options and most of them are easily inferable from the troop name. It’s colors and kingdoms (and occasionally types) of the throwaway rares that trip me up…

Oh, right, still multiple choice. I take back what I said: bring it.

Throwaway traits trip me up, but spell names are a good second.
Though I have always been good at multiple choice: most questions you don’t know you can still eliminate two answers and thus a 50% chance.

Loved the question about Wulfgarok colors. No clue, except that only one option was three colors…

To be fair, not all players know all Mythic troops by name. :slight_smile: That being said, there are definitely “gimme” questions for vets. Nature of the RNG beast, I suppose!

10/20. missed both the “what stat is buffed by this kingdom” questions, and a few others including troop colors on a troop i intended to use. i clearly am not a seasoned veteran. missed the one on what rarity swamplash is, but thats forgivable because i don’t have swamplash.

heres the quiz, missed questions 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18, and 20. clearly not an expert.

1 Like

That’s okay! I hope the quiz can help people discover new troops, or facts about troops they didn’t think about – that’s why I put the links to the troop pages after the quiz concludes. :slight_smile: 10/20 is a good score – as @Jainus said, a score of 20/20 can be interpreted as, “knows too much.”

1 Like

Fun quiz. However I think I am gonna keep my results for myself. :sweat_smile:

1 Like