Gems of War on Project X Cloud

Xcloud will eventually be part of Gamepass.
Many of the titles on the beta are already available on Gamepass as well.
Currently Gamepass requires you to download a game to play it. Where as Sony requires you to stream games to the PS4. With Xcloud + Gamepass players can do both. But most importantly…stream on any device capable. (Hopefully by then. Since it still doesn’t run on my Chromebook currently.)

Microsoft is smart to release their subscriber numbers right now so that this fall hopefully more publishers get behind it.

1 Like

Update:

@Saltypatra has Xcloud even been discussed between 505 and Infinity Plus 2? It seems like a no brainer to try and get GoW onto Xcloud. And at least 4, 505 Games, are already on it so they seem to be on board with the service.

No one knows what’s going on in Gems Xbox land, and 505 doesn’t seem to communicate with Infin+2 and vice versa.

505 sent out a nice bonus to a lot of Xbox players (300 gems, 20 gem keys, +) but no mention on forums or social media :man_shrugging:

505 will also occasionally put Gems Xbox stuff on sale, but never a mention on forums or social media :man_shrugging:

505 abandoned the official xbox club over a year ago, and no one has updated it. :man_shrugging:

Several of the Xbox shop packages (such as Guild Elite) has a description that DOES NOT match the loot you actually get in game. 505 is unaware that infin+2 has been altering loot on their end I guess.

The infin+2 devs don’t even have an Xbox on regular xbox live at work to even test the Xbox shop with. Unless they are hiding it from Kafka :unamused:

Anyone can become an xbox insider, just download the xbox insider hub app from the store. You will have to put up with weekly - fortnightly system updates but you can then use the game streaming xcloud beta app on your phone to play gems of war streamed from your home console

1 Like

^^^Word of caution. I used to be an insider when I was a die-hard destiny player. One Alpha ring update made the game inaccessible for over a month. During that time, I was an idiot and started playing some lootbox gambling f2p game and got stuck :rofl:

Insider program has risks that I am not willing to take anymore.