Gems of War is coming to the Switch!

Whoa yeah, this is pretty relevant and somewhat overlooked in Switch games. If it’s not available out of the box, I definitely think it should be on the roadmap.

Is it safe to assume that the Switch version will be 4.3 at launch?

1 Like

I’d say so…I just hope it’s not the reason we’re still waiting on 4.3 :roll_eyes:

It likely won’t. Based on the mail in game, patch is coming in April. They are likely spending reset day making sure the reset goes well, then the rest of the week making sure the Switch launch goes well, then probably doing the patch the week or 2 after Switch launch.

It would be interesting if they did though, as it would be the first time ever a console version would be ahead of the main version of the game by weeks.

Just chiming in with some more details.

What version of Gems of War will the Switch launch with?

The Switch version will launch as the 4.2 update. Unfortunately we couldn’t get the 4.2.5 update in the launch version with the important Hero Class changes. However, for the first update we’re planning to synchronise the Client versions, which will include the 4.2.5 and the 4.3 patch at least.

Keyboard and Mouse support?

It’s not something we’re officially supporting at launch, as it hasn’t been tested. We may look at official support down the track.

Day’s notice before official launch of the game?

If the release date changes, I believe it will also update in the eShop.

6 Likes

Oh snap, Arena hero class XP.
Too bad no one will have Dawnbringer, for at least a week. :wink:

Not quite, it will be running updated server code compared to 4.2, so I don’t believe Arena will award Hero class XP.

2 Likes

So the switch will be its own separate account? It won’t be linked to PC or console accounts?

Can’t see in OP but thanks.

1 Like

My bad @Fleg. I remembered it wrong.

1 Like

Just want to say nice avatar alpheon lol

1 Like

I would go out and buy a switch today if I could play my Xbox account on it. :frowning_face:

You’ll be able to play Cuphead on it soon™.

I predicted on my discord server. So I might as well here as well.
Nintendo and Microsoft are eventually going to partner up. Microsoft will focus on Consoles. Nintendo will focus on handhelds. Everyone will steal ideas from Google. And Sony will be left in the dust because they don’t want to play with anyone.

2 Likes

I came to this conclusion as well.

Nintendo now has the monopoly on handhelds, as Sony is out, and Nintendo proved everyone wrong about handhelds being “dead”.

Microsoft sees an opportunity here, as the XB1 is never going to gain traction outside of the US and Great Britain. Their next console is unlikely to do much better on that front. On the other hand, Microsoft’s crown jewel is Xbox Live. Through the partnership, Microsoft can get onto every Switch out there, turning them into mini-Xboxes. Microsoft’s games are generally not going to be competition for Nintendo’s properties, such as Halo not directly competing with Splatoon. Nintendo gets a cut of Xbox Live revenues for allowing crossplay/linking and lets Microsoft do its own thing on the eShop.

It’s a win/win for both parties.

The Stadia is head scratching. The worldwide Internet infrastructure isn’t there to support this, and won’t be for a long time still. Further, did Google forget what happened to Microsoft when it wanted to mandate the all-digital future with the launch of XB1? How is this time any different than before?

Google is trying to one-up Sony at it’s own game that Sony established in the PS4 era. Sony’s in the clearly dominant position at the moment to enforce proprietary network services on users. The Stadia would have to really take off and do significant damage to Sony to get the company to open up its network. I’m not holding my breath on that outcome happening.

Further, Google may have made a critical mistake by revealing the Stadia too early. In the current gen, it is well known that Sony got the upper hand over Microsoft not only because of the all-digital stance Microsoft took, but also that Sony was given enough time before launch to modify the architecture of launch PS4 to give itself an additional edge over the XB1. There’s still plenty of time before the expected next gen console launches in 2020 for both parties to actively counter the Stadia.

2 Likes

Microsoft is expected to release a digital only Xbox One S and X later this year.
They’re already working on a pure streaming console being called Project Scarlett to release next year or 2021. But you’re right. They did learn their lesson. They will be releasing 3 consoles for next gen. One with a Disc that will just be a more powerful XBoxOneX, one disclesss all digital, and one that is only for streaming. I imagine they are working with Nintendo for the all streaming one. Since in Japan the Switch is able to play AC Odyssey and Resident Evil 7 thanks to streaming.

1 Like

Any word on the approximate time of day of launch?

@Tacet

It should be out within the day :slight_smile: We’re seeing it roll out at around 9am in each timezone.

2 Likes

Damn, i’m really love your game, but spent another +1400 hours in this on switch is quite rough for me, even though I play more often on the switch, but to start all over again is just disgusting:sweat: