Gems of War 2022 Roadmap

Next week would be logical unless the timelines borked already because we have a new faction troop coming, in theory.

Now I’m starting to wonder.

As others have stated, I believe 6.3 is next week. It has to, barring major bugs/delays.

That also is still in May. They’re still on track on the Roadmap.

So…

In 1 month, we’re going to have another update in 6.4?

I’d actually get it if 6.3 and 6.4 were combined as one update and all of the info was loaded into 6.3, but that’s not what’s being presented here.

I have no idea how this is going to work…

For some reason I track updates for this game. :man_shrugging: And speculating is fun.

I can tell you that since 2016, they’ve done what I would call a Spring update in April/May and then a Summer update in June/July (with some hotfixes).

Knowing that this current campaign ends June 5th, the patch we’re expecting will necessarily include what ever “Depths Below” content is AND the set up for the campaign.

It is possible it will include the “Legends Reborn” content behind a time-gate but the likely scenario is that the next-next update will include that and the new Kingdom, time-gated to release during the next campaign (with a Journey event).

2 Likes

I love what you all are doing. I very excited! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Please, please, please with sugarcoating and a cherry on top. Include a list of bug fixes to the update news.
I know you’re fixing things every time, but it bothers me and others to know what exactly you were fixing. And it shouldn’t be upon the players to find that old bugs were not part of the update.
@Kafka @Jeto @OminousGMan

7 Likes

We do our best to include all the bug fixes that we know are player facing in the patch notes.

The “other minor bug fixes and improvements” is sort of a catch all for any back end stuff we worked on or anything minor we missed from the patch notes.

However, I’ll pay special attention to the bug fixes section this time compared to usual to see if anything is missed and why.

19 Likes

@Kafka Please can you let us know when 6.3 will be available? The roadmap stated May and we only have 1 week of May left? WIll this be coming out in the next 7 days and if so, please can you share the patch notes and detail behind the changes asap.

If this is now no longer coming our in May please can we have an explanation and an updated ETA

2 Likes

They never release patch dates in advance.

That’s partly because it sets people up to get angry, but mostly because they don’t actually know: the actual date the patch drops depends on the various platform owners (especially on mobile and console).

The one thing I do think should be criticised is the fact they always seem to drop during Guild Wars. It wouldn’t be hard to delay by one week!

4 Likes

Technically 5/31 still counts as May :wink:

3 Likes

The game is unplayable lot of the time,

1 Like

Since 6.3 introduced absolutely nothing that makes the game better and instead only broke the game. (mobile notifications)

When will 6.4 be released?

4 Likes

I notice that the September update is a rework of Broken Spire - do we know why this kingdom needs a re-work? Is this to address an issue that is causing players a problem or is it again just going to be reducing income/resources that players can obtain from this kingdom?

How do they mess up this bad EVERY TIME? Depths Below was one of the most boring, useless updates in years. Release a troop that literally costs over 3000 gems to get enough copies to make mythic, and you can’t even use it in the delve it’s meant for. Make players spend a 10k gold “entry fee” that gives them nothing of value (1 gnome that can run away and “4 extra gold on 4+ matches” trait).

Seriously, how do these game developers think up the worst ideas, consistently?

9 Likes

So true. I got minor traitstones from deep delve treasure room. So bad and very disappointing.
They need to re-do their rewards.

They need to test things out as beta release or something to evaluate the success of their addition to the game before releasing it officially.

Huge mis-opportunity to engage players and increase their happiness.

Failed to do the right thing IMO.

3 Likes

To be fair: potions in regular delves is a benefit to most players and has already let me progress in a couple of factions that I was stalled on.

The rest of it though, yeah, what a missed/botched opportunity: good ideas but terrible execution.

18 Likes

They do have beta testing; were the Deep Delve changes beta-tested? Was this another case where beta testers gave feedback that was ignored?

As has been mentioned before, Beta feedback is primarily for minor mistakes, such as spelling errors or maybe wording tweaks. I don’t know of a situation where a major update feature has been removed or tweaked due to beta feedback.

4 Likes

Then … what is the point of it? You have experienced players telling you “hey, this new feature doesn’t work / is unbalanced / is worthless” and … you just ignore it?

4 Likes

I feel like that’s the story of Gems of War for about 2 years or more now.

14 Likes

That doesn’t sound quite fair. Being able to buy daily delve sigils feels like a huge improvement for players trying to catch up. And while I was highly sceptical about that Auto Play Mode I have to admit I’m now a huge fan. We even got a few new pets to help us past task bottlenecks. That headliner though, Deep Delves? Calling it a wreck would actually qualify as praise.

6 Likes