Gems of War 2022 Roadmap

Greetings, Adventurers!

As we approach Gems of War’s 8th anniversary, we have some exciting things planned for the game, and thought it would be great to share them with our community: the long-time battle-tested warriors, the enthusiastic new recruits, and all those in between.

The graphic below is a small window into our development schedule, showing our best guesses at when updates will release, as well as the names of some of the features in those updates, and the special events we have planned. It doesn’t go into too much detail (yet!), but as each update approaches, we‘ll release more sneak peeks of what’s to come.

Okay… This might just leave you wanting more, and the image below has names that are often a bit more about the theme of an update, rather than details of its contents, so here are a few extra hints about what to expect in version 6.3, Depths Below.

The Depths Below will feature some improvements to how we can interact with Delves in the Underworld, including some expansions for the Treasure Hoard, and plans for adding extra troops (and maps!) to existing factions. There’s more too, along with our continued overhaul and upgrade to the game’s UI.

So we hope that has whetted your appetites a little, and we can’t wait to share more with you in the coming months.

74 Likes

Looks like we will get the new delve stuff next month some time! Looking forward to see what Hellcrag is like also!

1 Like

Legends reborn? Update to legendary troops or perhaps replayable or new kingdoms storyline?

Nice to see this type of thing. Love knowing what’s coming up around the corner. :+1:

4 Likes

Oooh, a roadmap, I can’t help but like that. :+1:
Any chance for some extra spoilers every once in a while when we get closer to the next roadmap tile?

9 Likes

Presenting a roadmap is a cool change. Thank you very much for letting us know what’s coming.
Personally, I’m interested in Broken Spire rework most of all.

4 Likes

They did mention they will release a bit more info as they approach in the post so we can hope they actually do that. If you read the language diff files on taran’s world the last few of them have some of the information on the delve content and the deep delve system and treasure hoard potions.

When it comes to Roadmap:
Are you talking about all platforms (including Switch) or PC/Mobile only?

There are 7 blank backdrops in the very end of backdrop list (see Guild Admin section). A new kingdom fills only one of it, its faction - another one. Will there be 3 more kingdoms?

Just guessing, do we already have one for the hidden kingdoms, like Vault?

The Vault background is already there. Maybe one will be the one of the Hoard Treasure ?

Anyway. Good to see new stuff.
The game ins the last month after complete new delves, all invasion is a bit “static”

1 Like

We can answer that for you - They can’t update the Switch as frequently because of constraints set by Nintendo. The Switch will eventually get these changes but at a different time and bundled together.

1 Like

This is a huge step forward for community communication! :partying_face: So exciting!

4 Likes

So pleased to see this kind of communication for the community. Huge thank you to those behind the scenes that suggested this idea. It really does help us all feel a little more involved and in the know about the security and future of Gems of War.

17 Likes

I wonder if Broken Spire rework means class rework… I always thought Broken Spire would be great for an Elemental class, because Giant doesn’t make much sense. It has 18 Elemental troops and only 10 Giant troops. Conversely, Stormheim has 17 Giant troops and 13 Elementals.

1 Like

After years of being unwilling to give an ETA for patches. This is a welcomed idea.

Automatic ban from the forums if anyone complains about these patches not releasing during their scheduled month. :eyes:

4 Likes

If you’re going to bring that up…

I have no idea how they actually plan to update the game in some meaningful way once a month for the rest of the year.

That seems to be a really tight release window outside of just adding more monetization options to the game.

I guess September and November could be considered “quick”, but then you still have May, June, July, and August packed with updates. I feel like I’m seeing red flags.

But hey, at least they have some kind of idea of where to take Gems of War. Its something.

:person_shrugging:

9 Likes

If you keep re-enacting old factions with a new troop, you better make sure that our well spent gems are worthwhile with a colored deedbook of the corresponding kingdom as a reward.

At least that will sooth the ones willing to spend, but don’t want to wait for 25 individual offers amassing 7500 gems for just one book.

Thank you so much for the upcoming events updates. Great job.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this glimpse of the road map. :smile_cat: :partying_face: It has definitely gotten me excited about future updates, especially Depths Below and Dragon’s Path.

4 Likes