Gems of Streaming

Lyrasza’s Lair level 500 pure faction today?..

1 Like

Duck! Here comes a swarm of flying pigs!

Lyrasza’s Lair today!!!

1 Like

Nothing against Salty - and the stream is fun to watch - but we have to be honest in that she has a problem finding match 4s in her pvp matches sometimes and is always answering questions. She’s normally totally reliant on gorgotha explosions :). I’m sure answering questions along with playing is very challenging.

A full faction run for any delve would be near impossible…maybe on a midnight stream where the filters can go down :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s this. Back when I used to watch Tacet’s streams, he had trouble noticing 4+ matches when he was talking—and he wasn’t even trying to follow a chat and answer questions at the same time! (Perhaps he’s gotten better since then, but I wouldn’t know.)

Watch the group form just to take pop shots at Salty while disagreeing with the following point…
She says the most popular streams are when Ozball are on. However, I believe…
It’s not so much because of just him as a person.
But that he’s by far the best player of GoW on the staff that is WILLING to play on a stream. (Can’t judge the play of those that hide in the shadows).
So having someone actually playing GoW and another person who’s watching chat and answering questions will always result in the best streams.

They can’t do pure Faction team runs at level 500 because it’s important that the stream tries to show the best aspects of GoW. (same reason I hear she avoids life and Death teams)
Pure Faction runs are a consistent pain for every player who tries to enjoy them but gets the wind knocked out of them every time. Until they don’t. And then it’s the kind of pleasure of someone no longer hurting you. Yeah it feels good to have the pain over with, but not having to (or choosing to) endure the pain in the first place feels good as well.

3 Likes

I mean, the most popular streams have Ozball on them, that’s true. They are also the most popular streams because they are overwhelmingly Update Preview Streams…

5 Likes

Sounds like tonight would be a great test to see if the same turnout can be made by doing a delve at level 500 with an all Faction team. Feel free to do whatever you need to do to get that power level prior to the stream. We know dev hacks will be required. We just want to see how y’all do with the dev hacks. Specially with this upcoming team… because holy RNG Batman. :grinning:
With another developers assistance of course.

3 Likes

I will not be playing through a level 500 Delve on stream today. If that is what you would come to the stream for, I am happy to inform you now so that you don’t need to check later.

I have a lot of content to get through as is, and the Delve layout for this particular Faction is unique. I also will be talking about Invasions on top of my normal previewing, which includes Faction Troops, the quest line, etc.

I do not have the time in my schedule for the stream to run longer than an hour and a half. In fact, I don’t even really have that time in my schedule at this present moment. However, I think the stream is an important communication tool between us and you, so I will endeavour to keep it going as long as possible.

1 Like

I like this weirdo perception among players that if they could just trick a dev or dev representative into playing through a faction event, they’d be bound by an honor code to make it some degree of easier so players could complain it’s too easy.

That’s not the code they’re bound by. These aren’t demon contracts.

6 Likes

Well if it’s a simple time issue and not a content issue then perhaps February 24th would be a great time to do a Faction level 500 run with a pure Faction team with any developer willing to stream it.
I know it’s only a week away but doing a fan vote this week to see which Faction the community wants to see a developer do would be amazing as well.

All just suggestions because it’s not unimaginative to assume the more people that watch the stream the better it is for all parties involved. And I can promise that a stream dedicated to a pure Faction team at level 500 will definitely get your highest amount of spectators if we’re given a little heads up about it of course.
If the run takes over 90 minutes to do then that opens a Pandora box of issues with Delves as a whole.

I don’t blame you at all for having no desire to touch this upcoming Faction with an all Faction team at level 500. The best PR Agent in the world couldn’t make that train wreck look good.

4 Likes

I could also cancel the stream and get through my huge back log of work. Actually, that sounds like it would be a better deal for everyone, players included. I have a lot of quality of life documentation I’d like to improve.

3 Likes

I had no idea that the players (whether free to play or not) were being done a favor by you to do streams. I see.

2 Likes

In what universe did I ever imply that? I’m just saying that my work load has increased and the time could be spent benefiting players more. One way is by refining the QoL suggestions, and there are a lot of other tasks I would love to action.

EDIT: It’s likely I will go forward with the stream anyway, but there’s a lot that I’m taking care of at the moment. I’m also sorry for being human and getting a little frustrated.

2 Likes

Awright… too much grumpiness going on.

2 Likes

I’m eating popcorn watching this thread

1 Like

I suggested an all Faction run at level 500 with a pure Faction team during your Faction stream.
You said you didn’t have time for it.
So I then suggested you do it next week since what you had scheduled was a “break stream”.
At which point you said you could do no stream at all.

Which made me wonder are the players supposed to be grateful for the streams, or should you be grateful for those who are interested and watch the streams. Or both.
Imo… I would vote both.

2 Likes

Do I have to be the adult here and say:

• AWRyan, stop violating forum guidelines and openly antagonizing one of the few people who produces GoW content for players.
  • Saltypatra, it’s childish and petty to threaten to cancel the entire stream because one puffed-up player is antagonizing you. It’d make a much better and more professional statement to show there are actual consequences to this behavior and give him a forums time-out. We’re all watching an example of how this behavior is handled unfold, and it sure doesn’t look like the teeth Kafka bared. Which is more important, the $50+/week he loudly declares he doesn’t pay or your dignity?

The forums are riddled with entitled brats, I risk falling in that company, and what damn near 3 decades of internet forums has taught me is as soon as there’s blood in the water and no sign of consequences, you’ll never get a cordial community.

4 Likes

Salty isn’t playing a 500 delve. To be polite, she’s an employee, not a top tier player. And to be more realistic, we’ll just say she’s about average skill.
But Salty can’t play, talk, and read at the same time, so at minimum someone off camera should actually play the game during the stream.

2 Likes

I think it would be interesting to stream “a work day in the life of Salty”
U could prove to us naysayers how busy and behind u are

2 Likes