Gems of Streaming

OMG again? I need to make a compilation of @Saltypatra retreating from battles with me :joy:
Glad that @Ozball finished one finally last time :smiley:

Cool new about upcoming devsā€™ Q&A.

I also wanted to ask: may a QA worker, i.e. game tester, show us how he/she tests the game for bugs? Take for example some new faction or new troop and test them thoroughly.

I am really glad that the next Q&A is going to be soon :slight_smile: So fast after the last one - keep up the good pace :wink:

The date for the Dev Q & A is here!

18th August 6 30 PM PDT: Dev Q & A! Sirrian and Nimhain will have a list of talking points, then open the floor for direct questions. When the talking points have been finalised I will post them in this thread.

8 Likes

Made a cheeky little changeā€¦

7 Likes

The Puzzle Quest stream is back today! Please join me! I love talking to everyone, and I will release a super juicy code at 50 viewers.

Good to know. I hope the City of Thieves wonā€™t be postponed due to some global update issues.

Why is there a scheduled 4.5 update preview already?

As a guess, it means the release of 4.5 is coming up soon. There will be lots to talk about based on Saltyā€™s preview, and even more once people get to play with the update themselves.

1 Like

In-deed, its would appear that it is that time of the quarter for the update preview and dev Q&A streams.

As usual, Iā€™ll be providing cliff notes for the both streams (unless thereā€™s too much overlap between the two streams, thoughts on this everyone?).

9 Likes

:person_facepalming:
(Less than 15)

2 Likes

Always good to take as many notes as possible. You never know when they end up saying something different about the same topic.

1 Like

Here are the talking points for tomorrowā€™s stream!

Dev Q&A Questions

4.5 Update

1. What is the theme of the 4.5 update?
  2. Why are you changing how players go through kingdoms?
  3. Whatā€™s happening to the Gorgotha Evolved Questline/ War and Peace weapon?
  4. What are the changes coming for difficulty in Quest?
  5. Why are Kingdoms going to level past 10?
  6. What does leveling my Kingdom get me
  7. Whatā€™s are Deed and how do you get them?
  8. How has Kingdom progress management changed? (Question about surfacing Kingdom Power and Kingdom Level)
  9. Why are Challenges changing?
  10. What happens if Iā€™ve maxed out all my Challenges already?
  11. With the changes to Challenge + Quest difficulty whatā€™s happening to other game modes that use difficulty?

Misc.

1. Anything you can share for the future?
  2. Are Xbox Players going to get another chance at the Shark Week Offers that they didnā€™t get?
6 Likes

What did levelling kingdoms to 10 do for us currently? Itā€™s been so long Iā€™ve forgotten :laughing:

1 Like

Unlocked the stat bonus from the kingdomā€¦ And probably other bonuses.
But essentially back then, once all the kingdoms were to 10. All your gold could go towards your guild. Now with gold sinks like Delves, it makes it way more complicated. But most only request that an individual finishes their Kingdoms before joining a high gold Requirement guild.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a mighty interesting question list.

I know the answers to most of these questions because beta, but Iā€™m deeply intrigued on what the answer to Question 11 is going to be.

I also expect, for sure, that there is going to be some very lively discussion regarding the systems in place regarding kingdom leveling past 10 and the effects of the new system on the meta in general.

Donā€™t tell me itā€™s infinite kingdom leveling now? They really want to kill off LTā€™s donā€™t they.

2 Likes

I am interested to see how challenge rework and kingdom level pass 10 relates to end-gamers. Dev said in 4.4 Q&A that the next two updates would be heavily focused towards end-gamers.

Iā€™d be interested to know, if anyone is able to ask the question during the stream, whether there will be additional ways to obtain forge scrolls at some pointā€¦ Itā€™s been almost a year since ToD was introduced :thinking:

2 Likes

It should definitely be relevant for anyone who has to craft (or buy in a Flash Sale) an old Doomed weapon, as well. Expecting players to sacrifice upgrading future Doomed Weapons of the same colour canā€™t be the solution, Shirley.

1 Like