Heads up, we don’t have any current plans to change orb drops, thought this might change in future. Just so you know what I will tell you in stream.
Guys, “we don’t have any current plans” has clearly become the only official answer we are and will be getting for any issue arising from now on. Stop having expectations.
Surrender. Desist. Concede.
To be fair. It’s pretty black and white. Either there are plans to change something… Like the arena.
Or no plans to change something like Chaos Orbs availability. She has to say “currently” in case tomorrow the dumb ass(es) at 505 gets fired so they can actually make GoW great again. Common sense should tell us anything planned can be changed. Including not having a plan.
I prefer posts that acknowledge the issue. Like she did. And at least state what’s happening right now. Like she did.
Rather than saying nothing at all. Which is always an unfortunate option. Or even worse…
Teasing that there’s going to be an announcement about a new troop prior to release. 8? Weeks later there still isn’t announcement about the troop, so we get the troop without a heads up.
Somewhere in between that teaser announcement and now. Some idiot (I don’t mean it as demeaning, I mean it factually) decided that the cost of Enraged Kurandara was going to involve 8 power orbs. It was probably originally PLANNED to be a power orb or two. Which would be a reasonable cost if they plan on doing this every 11 weeks. 8 Power orbs is just pure greed and indefensible. So they decided not reveal the information prior to release.
If anyone on the Dev team or publisher thinks that following the same 8 power orb formula every 11 weeks is a good idea. Then your company seriously has a substance abuse issue. And there needs to be a better drug policy put into action. And that person needs to get the help that they are clearly crying out for.
THE PQ STREAM IS BACK TODAY! Come if you want.
Pq stream is back today, and I’ll be updating our streaming schedule soon. <3
Updated streaming schedule.
5.2 Update preview today!
Fixed this, thanks for the catch @Lyrian!
If 100 people on the stream request that epic tasks be lowered to a cost that doesn’t alienate 90% of the player base. Will it make a difference?
Those streams or feature requests for that matter used to feel like they meant something.
Now they feel like the “suggestions box” at a work place. Free donut Fridays won’t make up for the doubling of the company health insurance rate while downsizing is in full effect and salaries are frozen. I could go but I think I’ve made my point.
More/Retention of Players =
Epic Task Costs still =
Update 5.2 Preview Stream Notes: October 5, 2020
– This is not the update that revamps treasure maps.
– Originally released in 2015. Revamped to modern GoW standards.
– In the team drafting pre-arena run, players can see the team being built as units are picked.
– Hero(ine)s are no longer allowed in Arena runs. That means no weapons allowed in the Arena. A selectable Epic-tier troop replaces the Hero(ine) in Arena teams.
– Weapons have become too powerful and became the focus of Arena. By banning Hero(ines) from the Arena, the focus of the arena becomes team building. No more Runic Blade and Dawnbringer Arena teams.
– Draft pool of troops have been revamped. New eligible troops will be added to the draft pool 3-4 weeks after their release. Epic and lower rarity Underworld, Godslayer, and Siegebreaker troops are eligible to appear in the draft pool, if the devs decide that these troops are not too overpowered for the Arena.
– The number of wins for a full Arena run has been reduced to 6 to reflect slower matches without the Hero(ine).
– Normal arena run prizes have been slightly reworked.
1 Win: 100 Gold
2 Wins: 500 Gold, 75 Souls, 3 Trophies, 1 Glory Key
3 Wins: 1000 Gold, 200 Souls, 8 Trophies, 1 Glory Key
4 Wins: 2000 Gold, 350 Souls, 18 Trophies, 2 Glory Keys
5 Wins: 3000 Gold, 500 Souls, 30 Trophies, 2 Glory Keys
6 Wins: 4000 Gold, 750 Souls, 50 Trophies, 3 Glory Keys
– The first three runs that reach 5 or 6 wins generates an instant additional Daily Deal offer.
– The offer is discounted 10% on a 6 win full clear.
– If declined, the additional offers are lost.
– Players that are VIP 4 or higher will start each Arena run with 1 automatic win.
Arena of Valor
– New event focusing around the Arena.
– In the event, there may be a specific themed troop that is mandatory on Arena runs during the event.
– Players earn Valor from Arena runs to earn prizes, cumulatively.
– 2 Wins: 5 Valor
– 3 Wins: 10 Valor
– 4 Wins: 18 Valor
– 5 Wins: 30 Valor
– 6 Wins: 50 Valor
Prizes are earned in laps. After earning the last prize in the lap, the next prize laps around to the first prize again. There is theoretically no limit to the number of laps that can be completed per event.
3 Gem Keys --> 1000 Jewel Shards --> 2 Event Keys --> 60 Writs --> 1 Minor Orb of Chaos
– Valor does not carry over to future events.
– Valor needed for each prize tier was not revealed (still under balancing).
Cosmetic Pet Flash Offers
– Flash offers may now occur for cosmetic pets that are not restricted (ex: droidbot, etc).
– New cosmetic pets can be offered via flash offers 3 months after their release.
– Cost is $2 USD for 2 pets. Two purchase limit.
– Pet is chosen randomly from eligible cosmetic pets.
– Saturday pet events will still occur in the future.
THE GAME NO LONGER SLOWS DOWN WHEN LOOKING AT TROOP CARDS IN BATTLE. FINALLY.
– Some cosmetic revamps for flash offers and advent calendars.
– Halloween seasonal logo being turned on.
– Fixed jiggling battle icons in the world event battle selection screen.
– Fixed issues with class masteries not applying in battles.
Heroes were the only thing that made arena palatable. I hope arena is not forced on the playerbase beyond the annoying need to play it once a week for campaigns.
I do like the jewels (for pet food), writs and orbs for this event, though… I wonder what day it will be? Or another weekend one?
The event version of the Arena will be a weekend-based event.
I know that I will be playing it during the Arena weekend events. As far as Vault events give you theoretically unlimited Orbs and Diamonds via treasure gnomes (themselves or vault keys), there is lots of variability (RNG) involved.
Arena’s variability comes in how good you are at building and executing teams, to hit the 50-valor runs. But it doth give unlimited Orbs, Diamonds (shards) and Deeds (writs) if you keep playing and winning.
Let’s say 90 seconds per battle, no VIP-4 (so you need 6 wins as oppposed to P2W needing 5 wins). Best outcome is 50 valor per 9 minutes, or about 333 valor per hour. Let’s further say the reward tiers require the following valor for tiers 1-5: 13/30/50/90/150 = 333 total, it means 1 hour of excellent play with no bad luck gives you 1 complete cycle of rewards. Here are some projections, based on how many cycles they have designed for most players to complete per hour.
Cycles/Hr 6 Hrs 9 Hrs 12 Hrs 24 Hrs -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 1 6 Orbs 9 Orbs 12 Orbs 24 Orbs 60 Diamonds 90 Diamonds 120 Diamonds 240 Diamonds 3.6 Deeds 5.4 Deeds 7.2 Deeds 14.4 Deeds 0.03 Mythics 0.05 Mythics 0.07 Mythics 0.13 Mythics -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 2 12 Orbs 18 Orbs 24 Orbs 48 Orbs 120 Diamonds 180 Diamonds 240 Diamonds 480 Diamonds 7.2 Deeds 10.8 Deeds 14.4 Deeds 28.8 Deeds 0.07 Mythics 0.10 Mythics 0.13 Mythics 0.26 Mythics -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 0.5 3 Orbs 4.5 Orbs 6 Orbs 12 Orbs 30 Diamonds 45 Diamonds 60 Diamonds 120 Diamonds 1.8 Deeds 2.7 Deeds 3.6 Deeds 7.2 Deeds 0.02 Mythics 0.02 Mythics 0.03 Mythics 0.07 Mythics
Notes: (1) Hours are totals over the weekend, e.g. “6 Hrs” is a casual 2-hr spend each day of the weekend event. (2) A player that has VIP4+ and is really good at hitting 6-wins per run (1st win free) is definitely getting more Valor per hour (hence more cycles) than a F2P who is less skilled (may only hit 4-win/18 valor consistently) (3) Mythics earned are based on 2 gem keys and 3 event keys combining for an expected value of 0.0055 Mythics
This will be the first event where having good game knowledge and skills actually means something, and will quickly distinguish the peasants from the heroes.
It would not surprise me in the slightest if not all “laps” were created equal, though, in terms of Valor cost.
Think the gnome tracker: same reward payouts each time, more work required each cycle (lap).
This would be the “balancing” needed to make sure most players can farm some, thus having the carrot to participate in the first place, but not too much without an overabundance of effort (exhibited only by the sorts of people who get 20+ pity keys during gnome events, a small portion of the playerbase, I’d wager) because to allow that would be to trivialize other game modes too much.
Looking forward to playing the event — skeptical that the orbs/writs/diamonds will be as “unlimited” as some would like to suggest/hope (though, to be clear, I do think this could be the official point at which these resources can be considered “farmable,” which is much appreciated even if the farmability is limited and/or infrequently available).
Arena “rework” looks horrible and absolutely boring and not worth playing. Rewards need to be very easy as Arena is now 100% crippled by removing hero and hero weapons.
Random troops with no traits, no hero, no weapons, very limited troop selection.
What this is really doing is slowing down players from getting orbs from fun weekend events. I will skip this unless it is re-re-worked!
I hoped Arena would be improved. Devs crippled it to zero!
It takes 1000 Writs to make 1 Imperial. It takes 6 Arena battles to get reward 1. Best case it will take 36 Arena battles to get 60 Writs! Awful game design @Sirrian
By very definition, it isn’t… or it is. Depends on how someone looks at time.
You only have 72 hours to participate, meaning only so much can be done in that many hours.
These events will keep coming back.
This game will eventually come to an end, however realistic/unrealistic (let’s go with an arbitrary, will this game last 1,000 years?)
They haven’t announced publicly how much valor is needed per reward tier
Right. It’s 36 tedious slow battles to get 60 writs… in the best case.