Update 5.2 Preview Stream Notes: October 5, 2020
– This is not the update that revamps treasure maps.
– Originally released in 2015. Revamped to modern GoW standards.
– In the team drafting pre-arena run, players can see the team being built as units are picked.
– Hero(ine)s are no longer allowed in Arena runs. That means no weapons allowed in the Arena. A selectable Epic-tier troop replaces the Hero(ine) in Arena teams.
– Weapons have become too powerful and became the focus of Arena. By banning Hero(ines) from the Arena, the focus of the arena becomes team building. No more Runic Blade and Dawnbringer Arena teams.
– Draft pool of troops have been revamped. New eligible troops will be added to the draft pool 3-4 weeks after their release. Epic and lower rarity Underworld, Godslayer, and Siegebreaker troops are eligible to appear in the draft pool, if the devs decide that these troops are not too overpowered for the Arena.
– The number of wins for a full Arena run has been reduced to 6 to reflect slower matches without the Hero(ine).
– Normal arena run prizes have been slightly reworked.
1 Win: 100 Gold
2 Wins: 500 Gold, 75 Souls, 3 Trophies, 1 Glory Key
3 Wins: 1000 Gold, 200 Souls, 8 Trophies, 1 Glory Key
4 Wins: 2000 Gold, 350 Souls, 18 Trophies, 2 Glory Keys
5 Wins: 3000 Gold, 500 Souls, 30 Trophies, 2 Glory Keys
6 Wins: 4000 Gold, 750 Souls, 50 Trophies, 3 Glory Keys
– The first three runs that reach 5 or 6 wins generates an instant additional Daily Deal offer.
– The offer is discounted 10% on a 6 win full clear.
– If declined, the additional offers are lost.
– Players that are VIP 4 or higher will start each Arena run with 1 automatic win.
Arena of Valor
– New event focusing around the Arena.
– In the event, there may be a specific themed troop that is mandatory on Arena runs during the event.
– Players earn Valor from Arena runs to earn prizes, cumulatively.
– 2 Wins: 5 Valor
– 3 Wins: 10 Valor
– 4 Wins: 18 Valor
– 5 Wins: 30 Valor
– 6 Wins: 50 Valor
Prizes are earned in laps. After earning the last prize in the lap, the next prize laps around to the first prize again. There is theoretically no limit to the number of laps that can be completed per event.
3 Gem Keys --> 1000 Jewel Shards --> 2 Event Keys --> 60 Writs --> 1 Minor Orb of Chaos
– Valor does not carry over to future events.
– Valor needed for each prize tier was not revealed (still under balancing).
Cosmetic Pet Flash Offers
– Flash offers may now occur for cosmetic pets that are not restricted (ex: droidbot, etc).
– New cosmetic pets can be offered via flash offers 3 months after their release.
– Cost is $2 USD for 2 pets. Two purchase limit.
– Pet is chosen randomly from eligible cosmetic pets.
– Saturday pet events will still occur in the future.
THE GAME NO LONGER SLOWS DOWN WHEN LOOKING AT TROOP CARDS IN BATTLE. FINALLY.
– Some cosmetic revamps for flash offers and advent calendars.
– Halloween seasonal logo being turned on.
– Fixed jiggling battle icons in the world event battle selection screen.
– Fixed issues with class masteries not applying in battles.