I really should change the time of these streams. Technical issues means I’m often late, I apologise.
What about today? Will the stream be late?
Letting you know that I will be streaming on the 1st instead of the 31st for our mythic preview stream. This is the American Tuesday, and the Australian Wednesday. I have a doctor’s appointment on the 31st, so won’t be able to stream on that date.
Thanks for understanding. ")
Hope your appointment goes well! There are some really cool Mythics coming up, I’m excited!
Stream is back tomorrow!
Chill out stream is today!
Kurandara preview today!
Eldrazhor preview in time?
In the stream tonight.
I hope you address if there’s any plans to increase the amount of Chaos Orbs available in the game. And expanding the event leaderboards to 200 and making at least 2 Power orbs available per event.
The previous rewards were designed around having 1 Boss troop that costs 8 power orbs. Now that you have 2 Boss troops you literally decided that $1 is now worth $2. So an extreme out of no where inflation. I hope there are plans to balance it out because most of us can’t afford that kind of inflation given everything that’s going on in the world.
Heads up, we don’t have any current plans to change orb drops, thought this might change in future. Just so you know what I will tell you in stream.
Guys, “we don’t have any current plans” has clearly become the only official answer we are and will be getting for any issue arising from now on. Stop having expectations.
Surrender. Desist. Concede.
To be fair. It’s pretty black and white. Either there are plans to change something… Like the arena.
Or no plans to change something like Chaos Orbs availability. She has to say “currently” in case tomorrow the dumb ass(es) at 505 gets fired so they can actually make GoW great again. Common sense should tell us anything planned can be changed. Including not having a plan.
I prefer posts that acknowledge the issue. Like she did. And at least state what’s happening right now. Like she did.
Rather than saying nothing at all. Which is always an unfortunate option. Or even worse…
Teasing that there’s going to be an announcement about a new troop prior to release. 8? Weeks later there still isn’t announcement about the troop, so we get the troop without a heads up.
Somewhere in between that teaser announcement and now. Some idiot (I don’t mean it as demeaning, I mean it factually) decided that the cost of Enraged Kurandara was going to involve 8 power orbs. It was probably originally PLANNED to be a power orb or two. Which would be a reasonable cost if they plan on doing this every 11 weeks. 8 Power orbs is just pure greed and indefensible. So they decided not reveal the information prior to release.
If anyone on the Dev team or publisher thinks that following the same 8 power orb formula every 11 weeks is a good idea. Then your company seriously has a substance abuse issue. And there needs to be a better drug policy put into action. And that person needs to get the help that they are clearly crying out for.
THE PQ STREAM IS BACK TODAY! Come if you want.
Pq stream is back today, and I’ll be updating our streaming schedule soon. <3
Updated streaming schedule.
5.2 Update preview today!
Fixed this, thanks for the catch @Lyrian!
If 100 people on the stream request that epic tasks be lowered to a cost that doesn’t alienate 90% of the player base. Will it make a difference?
Those streams or feature requests for that matter used to feel like they meant something.
Now they feel like the “suggestions box” at a work place. Free donut Fridays won’t make up for the doubling of the company health insurance rate while downsizing is in full effect and salaries are frozen. I could go but I think I’ve made my point.
More/Retention of Players =
Epic Task Costs still =
Update 5.2 Preview Stream Notes: October 5, 2020
– This is not the update that revamps treasure maps.
– Originally released in 2015. Revamped to modern GoW standards.
– In the team drafting pre-arena run, players can see the team being built as units are picked.
– Hero(ine)s are no longer allowed in Arena runs. That means no weapons allowed in the Arena. A selectable Epic-tier troop replaces the Hero(ine) in Arena teams.
– Weapons have become too powerful and became the focus of Arena. By banning Hero(ines) from the Arena, the focus of the arena becomes team building. No more Runic Blade and Dawnbringer Arena teams.
– Draft pool of troops have been revamped. New eligible troops will be added to the draft pool 3-4 weeks after their release. Epic and lower rarity Underworld, Godslayer, and Siegebreaker troops are eligible to appear in the draft pool, if the devs decide that these troops are not too overpowered for the Arena.
– The number of wins for a full Arena run has been reduced to 6 to reflect slower matches without the Hero(ine).
– Normal arena run prizes have been slightly reworked.
1 Win: 100 Gold
2 Wins: 500 Gold, 75 Souls, 3 Trophies, 1 Glory Key
3 Wins: 1000 Gold, 200 Souls, 8 Trophies, 1 Glory Key
4 Wins: 2000 Gold, 350 Souls, 18 Trophies, 2 Glory Keys
5 Wins: 3000 Gold, 500 Souls, 30 Trophies, 2 Glory Keys
6 Wins: 4000 Gold, 750 Souls, 50 Trophies, 3 Glory Keys
– The first three runs that reach 5 or 6 wins generates an instant additional Daily Deal offer.
– The offer is discounted 10% on a 6 win full clear.
– If declined, the additional offers are lost.
– Players that are VIP 4 or higher will start each Arena run with 1 automatic win.
Arena of Valor
– New event focusing around the Arena.
– In the event, there may be a specific themed troop that is mandatory on Arena runs during the event.
– Players earn Valor from Arena runs to earn prizes, cumulatively.
– 2 Wins: 5 Valor
– 3 Wins: 10 Valor
– 4 Wins: 18 Valor
– 5 Wins: 30 Valor
– 6 Wins: 50 Valor
Prizes are earned in laps. After earning the last prize in the lap, the next prize laps around to the first prize again. There is theoretically no limit to the number of laps that can be completed per event.
3 Gem Keys --> 1000 Jewel Shards --> 2 Event Keys --> 60 Writs --> 1 Minor Orb of Chaos
– Valor does not carry over to future events.
– Valor needed for each prize tier was not revealed (still under balancing).
Cosmetic Pet Flash Offers
– Flash offers may now occur for cosmetic pets that are not restricted (ex: droidbot, etc).
– New cosmetic pets can be offered via flash offers 3 months after their release.
– Cost is $2 USD for 2 pets. Two purchase limit.
– Pet is chosen randomly from eligible cosmetic pets.
– Saturday pet events will still occur in the future.
THE GAME NO LONGER SLOWS DOWN WHEN LOOKING AT TROOP CARDS IN BATTLE. FINALLY.
– Some cosmetic revamps for flash offers and advent calendars.
– Halloween seasonal logo being turned on.
– Fixed jiggling battle icons in the world event battle selection screen.
– Fixed issues with class masteries not applying in battles.