Gems moves in wrong direction (PC)

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
The game catching every micro-movement when I hold mouse-click. And sometimes my decision on gem movement direction doesn’t match the game decision about it. I didn’t have this issue before ‘unity’ migration.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

5 Likes

Confirmed, I have the same problem. Sometimes and especialy on extra turn matches game is making move entirely diffrent than my move.

I’ve seen this twice in the last week myself… it’s definitely on the fix-list here, but I think it’s going to take a while to track down because it’s difficult to reproduce.

5 Likes

Oh! So that IS a bug?
I thought my fingers were just going senile in my old age…

And, I gotta say, Wow. You actually have a recording of it?
I mean, what are the chances?

1 Like

It is not hard to recording, if you have nvidia ‘shadowplay’ in background. I can always save my last N minutes doing on screen as a video file just by pressing key combination.And that is not an AD :smile:

1 Like

I get that happen to me a lot too. thanks for the proof!

For what it’s worth, I feel like I have had this happen to me on mobile (iOS) in the past. If I am not crazy and imagining things, it may not be a Unity bug.

Never happened to me on the adobe air version.
Very rarely happens to me on android (and never on android emulator).
Happens almost daily on Unity. Even in the troops screen I sometimes have to try 3 or 4 times to get a troop moving to the left instead of down. Unity seems to be unforgiving when your drag starts off a few milliseconds not completely in the right direction.

Three months have passed, but nothing changed :frowning:

1 Like

Only happens to me on 4X speed.

Are there people who use slower speed? :joy: Just new players maybe…

2 Likes

I do - because it crashes at 4x and 3x and couldn’t be reproduced by dev. I’m at 1x and there are times I have moved to do one match, and it does something else. Yesterday I had a 3 match from right to left (moving one from right to left) and there was oddly another color 3 match if you moved top down same (See below for example) I selected the B in the second row - far right and started to move that, instead it took the Purple from first row and swapped the red so I ended up with Purple 3 match. GAH

G B P Y
B B R B
Y S P Y
G R P P

And not the first time it is happened.

1 Like

I guess, you selected R in 2nd row and you moved it right, but because you moved cursor a few pixels up, the game decided you want move R up, making 3-match purple. That’s the issue - every pixel has a value.

1 Like

Almost a year passed. It is still actual issue.

1 Like

it happens all the time and is easy to reproduce, It happens when moving the mouse at an angle. My belief is that with the angle of the movement, if the game sees the angle as a little bit to the side first before you start to move up, it thinks you are going sideways. One way to fix it would have the gem move when you break the edge of the gem, not at the first little movement of the mouse. So you would have 4 walls around each gem, break the wall to move it

And can we disable right clicking moving gems, or at least make it move gems at the same location as the mouse? If the Devs would like me to make a video demonstrating either or both of these issues let me know and I will be happy to. But since it is a year old, I am not sure me making a video would be helpful, or looked at.