Game stuck on "Loading Hero" iOS

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
The game to load- it did not.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Open the app…

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Imgur

if you can access the cache and check for errors? Might be a cache issue.

probably will need to uninstall and reinstall :slight_smile:

killerman3333: I don’t believe you can clear cache data for specific apps on an iPhone. Only internet browser cache.

kzintiwife: Gave that a shot, it gave me a pop up stating it found iCloud data and if I wanted to use that, I clicked yes, then it stayed at the same screen as I posted above…

you can clear app cache but you can not check it for errors sadly. it would be under settings in your phone.

OK i tried that by following the below instructions and the only option it gave me there was to delete the app. Nothing about cache or clearing just the data unfortunately. So, i deleted the game again, rebooted my phone, downloaded it again, and this time chose to NOT use my iCloud save file in case that was causing an issue- Aaaaannnd… stuck on “Loading Hero” still… :cry:

Follow these steps to clean out unwanted data from iOS:
Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
Tap Manage Storage.
Tap an item in Documents and Data.
Slide unwanted items to the left and tap Delete.
Tap Edit > Delete All to remove all the app’s data.

What iOS device are you playing on?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Hi Nytmair,

Sounds like it could be something to do with GameCenter. Could you try disabling GameCenter and see if that helps?

I have been trying to log out for the past 20 minutes. Based on google/reddit, i should be able to go on airplane mode, reboot, sign out of gamecenter in settings, turn off airplane mode, and be ok. However… I can’t sign out! I click sign out and it just sits there loading and never signs out.

Game Center is a mess and I’m so frustrated.

Do you have access to the battery? If yes pull the plug, if no then never mind.

Going to add my +1 for possible Game Centre issues.

Fairly sporadic but it certainly does seem to be an impact on playing on iOS. If I resume a session ‘in progress’ (I.e. Minimised on iPad) game centre load takes around 10-20secs. Launching the app a fresh and there can be looooonnnnggg delays before any progress or loading bars appear - as soon as the game centre prompt comes on screen then the app kicks into life and the loading bar will start/continue.

As an example, logging in this morning took 2min 8secs where the app appears to just hang, then the game centre pop up appears and it continues. N.b. This delay is before the loading bar about assets and character updates etc. So actual login time can be much longer.

Is it possible to move the game centre login piece to fire after the gems of war loading and see if this offers any improved loading times?

[I play on both an iPad Air and iPhone 5s with latest iOS.]

FYI I have read that the beta version of the next iOS update seems to be fixing the GC issues… so fingers crossed that isn’t too far away. I only was able to play this game for about an hour one night before bed and then it wouldn’t load the next day and still won’t.

Fingers crossed on improvements, I’m not completely sure what benefit it provides to most games…would be good if (assuming developers aren’t mandated to use it as part of the iOS development) they offered optional sign-up similar to how linking Facebook profile etc.

Sounds like you are experiencing far worse problems though - at least it is playable for me.

Yeah it’s really annoying… I let it sit on the loading screen for about 5 minutes last night and made no progress, in case mine was delayed like yours. Nothin’.

FINALLY it looks like the GC issue might be fixed! I am going to upgrade after work and re-download this game. Fingers crossed.

Mostly posting this for the others that had issues.

1 Like

Good stuff!

Hopefully it will be an improvement for many folks.