Game Progression, Rewards and Resources

Hello dear developers and GoW community, first of all let me say that I really love this game, and I have been playing it everyday since almost 2 years now after a long earlier pause from it.

I can consider myself as a mid/high tier player, 50% of this thanks to the help that a top guild can guarantee you, the other 50% of this, to my daily hard-work (and a lot of fun) and time invested in the game.

It’s basically when I started playing this game again, that I am collecting thoughts and ideas on how to improve its freshness and attractiveness especially to NEW PLAYERS but even mid-tier/top-tier players, since I think THIS is the REAL problem within the game.

OK let me say that with the current state of the game, I think it is NOT too much attractive to new players and F2P players and after careful consideration, I really hope that what I am about to write, can help in some way boosting the game’s appeal and longevity, and not necessarily damage the company’s profits, but quite the opposite I’d say.

Free to play progression needs to be HEAVILY ENHANCED, this game is really in NEED to attract as many players as possible (they can turn to nothing less than potential buyers!)

Now with a suggestion list that involves the most critical parts of the game, parts that need a good BOOST, mainly to resource distribution! They are:

WEEKLY AND DAILY EVENTS:

Event rewards are not too worthy, especially the last stages when the player should feel rewarded for completing the event. I know, there are guilds that help a lot the completion of higher stages, but it’s still too pricey for any single member buying tiers in the shop.

Example of Invasion event last stage rewards:

Recently have been added more stages for the weekly event but rewards has pretty much stayed the same (low) for a very long time.

10,000 Gold or 1000 souls for the last stage reward is so negligible, it really doesn’t feel as a true reward for completing the event. Best would be to give MORE resources for all event stages rewards, deeds/writs/books have absolute priority and REALLY need to be added.

Also this would push way more players to spend gems to buy more tiers.

MYTHICS:

Especially for F2Ps is very difficult to acquire mythic troops and fully trait/ascend them with the current state of resource distribution.

I don’t know how was in the game’s early years, but now with the decision to release 1 mythic every month, there’s the risk to release a weaker troop, a bad concept, or even worse, running out of ideas in the long term (Recent “Mandragora” is a strong example Imo).

A strong and well studied mythic, maybe released every 1.5/2 months would be wiser.

KINGDOM PROGRESSION:

Let’s get to the ultimate objective of this game. Kingdom leveling it’s just insanely difficult because of scarcity of deeds/writs/books obtainable with events/campaign. All of this touches long term PAYING players as well!

I don’t even want to imagine being an F2P that just installed the game, trying to max out all the kingdoms… (well I am one of them after all). It’s not difficult to realize that it can even take DECADES (yes decades) to acquire all deeds/books necessary to reach max power level on not even the 25% of kingdoms (on a total of 38 as of now), that’s pure craziness!

Speaking of craziness, just the fact that 50 colored deeds are required to acquire JUST ONE BOOK it’s beyond everything, it’s just a too huge amount to compete, 25 deeds would have been better, but I think it’s too late now is it?

UPDATES & NEW GAME MODES:

I think you (developers) should stop introducing new stuff to the game, that is new currencies (like dragonite) or new game modes, REWORK and IMPROVE what you already have instead, like the old Arena and Treasure Hunt modes! If done right that would surely bring more players to the game and let have more content for current players.

GUILDS:

Legendary Tasks:

We all know, Legendary Tasks are an awesome perk for hardcore guilds, but the rewards aren’t really worth the effort in my opinion.

For 1 million gold, the rewards should be much more worthy, adding Deeds, Writs, Books and Dragonite and lowering the amount of trait stones (they can be easily obtained elsewhere) would be the best solution.

Seals:

2000 daily and 40’000 Seals for the whole week are kind of low (especially for hardcore players), I think that increasing the daily limit to at least 5000 and weekly seals to 100,000 and adding a new tier for chest upgrades would be great.

SOULFORGE:

An update of the soul forge can be very interesting in both maintaining the game “economy” afloat and getting rid of the massive surplus of resources that long term players have (Trait stones, Ingots and Orbs mostly).

Ingots can be “melted” for Gold, or Trait stones can be “traded” for something else for example. More crafting patterns are also welcome, we should be able to craft much more different resources.

If studied well, this could be one of the most awesome perks introduced into the game (and again, more players will come/return).

GNOMES:

Nothing much to change for these but what about adding a DEED / WRIT gnome?

Also I think that Treasure Gnome should be slightly reworked so that it will give only gold and/or keys/gems (leave diamonds, souls and shards to their respective gnomes, also trait stones aren’t necessary).

Look at these two screenshots:

This feels like a complete waste of a drop since their amount is so insignificant. A re-balance of these kind of rewards is needed.

Vault Events:

Not much to say about Vault Weekends and the 4 verse gnomes, they’re just an amazing feature, bringing so much fun and purpose to the game. The only exception could be making Gnome-a-Paloozas of 10 minutes length (instead of 15) and adjust rewards accordingly. 15 minutes is a bit too demanding since during the event you wouldn’t want to play just a few, but as many as possible!

IN-GAME PURCHASES:

This is a free to play game and of course in game purchases are always present and welcomed except when they’re a bit too inflated in price, and as of now, they’re way too expensive for the amount of resources they provide. A Nerf on prices is so much needed, do I really need to tell you what lower prices can bring?

VIP Level:

Increasing VIP level beyond level 20 would also bring a lot more advantages. And on the other end, decrease the amount of money needed to reach every level would help.

EXPLORE

Let’s get to maybe the most popular and beloved (especially to grinders) game mode:

Genie & Daemon:

The adding of “Wandering Merchants” between battles was one of the most outstanding ideas of recent times. Without them this mode was pretty boring, let’s admit it.

But since this is a resource based game, I am afraid that the “Genie” and the “Daemon” are really not that useful, since what they offer is again SO negligible to the battle, even for low level players or in delves!

I firmly suggest their complete removal from the game, instead and the add of something else providing resources, like a “Thief” that gives only rarer resources like Dragonite, Deeds and Writs (or even Books! For a proper price of course).

Better merchant and angel rewards:

Less expensive rewards are so much needed. Take this example screenshot —> 100k Gold for JUST 2 Mythic Ingots is insanely pricey!

And what about letting players be offered 3 choices of resources instead of 2, and making the merchants appear for ALL explore battles instead of just the first three battles?

Mini/Mythic boss notice window:

Removing the mini/mythic boss notice window would be less intrusive, since the notice is completely unnecessary. Players already know that they’re going into a fight with a boss.

Explore difficulty level:

What about increasing it from 12 to 15, rewards and trophies gained increased accordingly of course, could it be a nice idea for players thinking that level 12 isn’t enough for their hunger for challenge?

Base Battle Gold/Souls:

I think could be very beneficial to players (mostly new ones) to increase the battle gold gained from 100 to a higher number (200 maybe?) and gained battle souls from 40 to 100 ?

Adventure Mode Rewards:

As the screenshot above can tell, here as well the rewards should be heavily boosted, 10x Writs it’s basically nothing when 100x Writs are required to make JUST 1x Deed

SUMMARY:

Basically what this game needs is more players and more happy current players, so rewards needs to be boosted EVERYWHERE (Events, battles, guild tasks, passes etc) and progression needs to be pushed by a lot.

All what I’ve written is based exclusively on my honest opinion and my 2 years experience within the game, I may have made some mistakes in some of my reasonings, in that case please correct me and I am very open for discussion.

I am very eager to hear the opinion of as many players as possible. There’s a lot more to be improved of course, but just wanted to share my opinions on what I think are the MAIN problems in the game, that may result in players QUITTING (a lot nowadays).

I also may have written erroneously since english is not my first language, if that’s the case, bear with me!

I would really like that the developers read this so they can get some ideas out of it and during the years to come, bring back to full health this great game.

Thank you so very much to everyone that read until here!

Febby

7 Likes

You’ve put a lot of thought and effort into your post, I hope the Devs read it.

I’m same as you 2 years into game, lots of grinding. Level 1562.

The only thing il say is, they can’t give out lots of resources that we need, if we get everything we want .
Then why play, if we have everything we will turn on get the new weapon or troop and turn off.
It’s not what Devs want, they want us playing, the more the better for them , it looks good to investers and owner.

So in essence love your post, hope they read it.

But it’s a business and they want us on the game, always needing something.
There will never be, magor changes to benefit players as it’s a business 1st and formost.
Accepting this, makes it easier to play . Imo.

4 Likes

I’m still new-ish (under 6 months). The new player experience is pretty terrible but it’s far from being unrewarding.

The main thing the game needs to do is become more attractive to players in the early days, and to get them up to speed a lot quicker, into the daily loop of things far quicker, and to not have that old geezer Luther pop up offering impossible tasks even if that does drive some to spending money in hopes of brute-forcing the game, I’m sure it makes far more just turn off and never come back. I was shocked to read that him doing this is a relatively new addition to the game, some sort of measure to help people along? Lol. He’s a PITA and only offers frustration when new players don’t know better than to keep attempting almost impossible battles unless they’ve been lucky with RNG in the initial troops dropped.

I’ve spent a bit and I’ve played a lot, I’ve got far more stuff than people who have been playing more casually for years. I’ve started new accounts and seen this whole thing 3 times over in recent months. It’s not good. But it does not need to be throwing resources at players, as Truth said you’d only end up breaking the economy/flushing money down the toilet. It just needs the devs to all sit down and play a new account every week for the next few weeks and see how much anti-fun and frustration potential there is there. And breaking journey troops? They were the only good way to guarantee a leg up in the game, jump on the Journey event, max out the new troop best you can and cheese everything Luther throws your way. Now it’ll be back to just being the boring old Rowanne team or praying to the RNG gods.

2 Likes

@Kafka
@Jeto