Game lags when casting new Invasion weapon [NEED MROE INFO]

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android 8.1.0 on OnePlus 5T

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The new Invasion weapon, Fist of Heaven, lags when it is cast. After it explodes and does five damage to the first enemy, the game lags before new orbs fall onto the board.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This happens every time starting Fri Dec 18, when I first got the weapon.

Steps to make it happen again
Equip Fist of Heavens. Enter battle. Cast weapon. Wait for explode to finish. Wait for the five damage to finish. Now enjoy the lag.

I have tried this in both the Invasion and explore, and it happens in both places.

1 Like

You’ll want to include your Android device and version of Android… Like Android 10.0 or 11.0
Because I destroyed 150+ Towers with that weapon on my Samsung S20+ 5G, Android 11 and experienced zero lag.

1 Like

Good point @awryan. Updated my post to include Android and phone info. Asked my guild about this too and so far I seem alone in this issue.

Thankfully it is a small lag so not the biggest deal at least!

1 Like

I see the lag on my Chromebook Samsung Galaxy V2. Definitely noticeable. The weapon explodes the board. The gems hang for a good second before dropping down.
Back in the day I bet the game would have crashed so at least there’s that.

I’ll try to remember to test without upgrading the weapon tomorrow now that I know it’s happening on my chromebook.

And the bug/lag isn’t specific to your troops/build since I’m using a completely different team outside of the weapon and possibly hero class. (I’m using Priest Class)

1 Like

Phew. Good to know I am not crazy. I wondered if the time it takes to cast that five damage to first enemy just made it feel slow, rather than being slow. I watched far too many fights to confirm it there is a delay.

Curious to see what you find tomorrow.

I didn’t test just that affix.

But you’re 100% right. The lag is caused by the weapon upgrades.

Used the weapon without any upgrades on my Chromebook and had zero lag for 9 matches. Upgraded the weapon all the way and instantly had lag the next match.

If I remember…(and if I have time) I’ll try to do just the damage upgrade tomorrow on a different alt.

1 Like

If a video could be provided that would be great, we would like to see the amount of lag that is happening.

1 Like

Hey @Saltypatra. I tried to upload a video but mp4 aren’t allowed. I converted them to a gif but I get an error when I try to upload that. Can I send links? If so I will put them in my google drive.

Please feel free to send me a link or upload to Youtube. Whatever is easiest for you!

1 Like

Watching these videos way too much, here’s my thoughts:

1. There’s a delay after barrier is cast. After the delay, stun and orb fall happens simultaneously. However the other skills (explode, gaining armor, damaging first troop 5) are all sequential. Ultimately this delay is minor. It’s hard to tell unless the speed is cranked way down.

2. Because this weapon casts so many skills and orb fall doesn’t happen immediately after explode, it feels slow. Watching it now in slow motion points out all the additional things like gaining armor, which is something I generally don’t pay attention to with x4 animation speed. There is no real solution to this one. This is just a “my feelings!” thing.

Here’s Fist of Heavens with everyone’s favourite animation speed of x0.25. The delay is after barrier is cast. fistofheavenx.25.mp4 - Google Drive

For comparison, here’s Mountain Crusher at the same speed. Notice it takes Mountain Crusher about 16 seconds from cast to orb fall, whereas Fist of Heavens takes 28. crusherx.25.mp4 - Google Drive

For “normal” animation speed of x4, here’s both those weapons. Fist of Heavens takes two seconds compared to Mountain Crusher’s one. For Fist of Heavens, the orbs more obviously hang out in the air longer.

Fist of Heavens: fistofheavenx4.mp4 - Google Drive

Crusher: crusherx4.mp4 - Google Drive

Thank you!!! I’ll pass these on now.

1 Like