Game Crashes Randomly

What device are you playing on?

We haven’t changed the numbers recently, so that’s not us.

As per note, on iPhone 5s (IOS 8.4.1).

I don’t know if this helps and I don’t have a screenshot of it but I have played enough battles that I have began to notice the little glitches in the animation just before a crash so I usually try to finish what I’m doing and shut the game off and restart. One thing I have noticed whenever I start to notice these things and when I’m able to get back to the map before it crashes, my tribute is ready to be collected. Doesn’t happen all the time but frequently enough for me to notice. Doesn’t seem to matter if I’m doing pvps or challenges. Happens for both.

I just started a pvp and there was no animation of the attacks. Just the numbers changing from the damage dealt. One of the noticeable glitches. I got through the battle and back to the map where once again my tribute was flashing, ready to be collected.

I’m on pc platform.

I hope this hasn’t been too long to reply to. I have the same issues that have been talked about above. I will be in the middle of playing and the game will just crash. There is no pattern that I can discern. I have no screenshots but it goes into window mode and goes off center. I have had it crash during arena fights, pvp fights and even just sitting on the world map not even doing anything. It has crashed during a battle if I have to walk away from the pc and nothing is happening.

I play on pc and a tablet with windows 10 and I am as up to date as I can get and I am still having this issue. I have not played on my phone as much since the patch so I am unsure if it is happening on there as well.

I have also encountered the problem where the money icon does not flash on my home kingdom until after I refresh or reset the game.

The largest problem by far though is the random crashing. This has already happened to me twice today and has cause me to lose a pvp battle and an arena battle.

I tend to play for hours at a time not minutes and while I do have browsers up in the background and my music application, it was never an issue before the december patch. None of my other programs crash when the game does.

Play on PC,windowed, switch between windows often.

Crashing happens when I have been playing for some hours. When gems moving are jittery I will reload the game. Maybe some memory leak that builds over time. Though I think it has always happened, even before 1.0.8.

I am also on a pc, win.10. Most of my crashes occur after playing for 15-30 minutes usually. Most times I will get the "Gems of War (Not Responding) as mentioned above, but other times the game will automatically close without doing anything at all. It seems to be without fail that my crashes happen right after winning a PvP battle and before I get any rewards. I have noticed that on the Windows Task Manager normal memory usage for GOW is around 246 MB for me, but when it crashes it uses an insane amount, up to 1 GB that I have noticed.

I’ve had a new type of crash start to happen. 6 times in last 3 days.

At the end of a battle, while the rewards are being displayed (can anywhere during this sequence → i.e. before trophy count, before traitstone, before glory, after gold). From what I can see, the gold is still awarded when I restart the app.

What Happens - The app closes and returns me to my phone home screen (iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.4). Have to restart app.

Other symptom (may not be related, but happening since the same time) - have noticed, at times, a very short static sound in between different sound effects (e.g. mostly between troops/rewards when opening a sequence of chests/keys).

noticed that before it crashes for me (about 85% of the time), the font boxes go away. so you just get black text. Then it does the window/off center thing.

We have just made some improvements that we will see in 1.0.9 that will hopefully fix most of these issues. We found a case where enemy avatars would never clear from memory after battle, so the more PvP or Arena battles you played in a row caused memory (for the avatars at least) to tick up.

Most of the other issues here also sound memory related. We’ll keep looking for memory leaks and will try and fix as many as we can before the release of 1.0.9.

6 Likes

I seem to be having consistent crashes as well in Treasure map’s and PVP. Here are the files that Windows flagged as related to the problem, hope this helps -

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER735D.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER741A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE360.tmp.hdmp
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF443.tmp.xml

Random game crashes are nothing new, the game devs, the mods, the admins, and most of the players are very much aware of this.
The game will crash and it will happen from literally anywhere in the game - think of what you can do in the game, the game can an will crash from there.

Most blame the servers, some blame steam, some blame the type of phones you use, some blame the OS you use, the ISP, if you use a VPN, if you use a proxy, could be your firewall, your internet protocols that you set up in computer administrator, your internet speed, whether or not you have a virus, your anti-virus, but seriously when you get down to it, it is the game itself.

Doesn’t matter if your computer is crap an you have the crappiest internet in the entire world or if you have a computer that is better than Bill Gates’ computer and you’re a top of the line computer savvy person who knows the internet so well that you could get internet without an ISP, the game will crash.

Just be happy, it has not crashed as much as it use to - a few versions ago it would crash every 5 mins on a decent day. Now, it crashes maybe once or twice every 2 hrs on a bad day.

`1/ GoW stops responding unexpectedly. About half the time when it does, minimizing it or switching to another window and then going back to it makes it respond again (for me at least, I think Archenassa is a bit less lucky with that).