Future Kingdoms

Nothing beats rock.

3 Likes

Poor old dependable bartā€¦always chooses rock

2 Likes

1 Like

I like the storyline idea. And the gorilla kingdom seems cool too

Donā€™t nerf anything tho

Sadly @lyyaā€™s quest line only defeated one of the horsemenā€¦ As FTE typically stands for Full Time Equivalent, and the heroā€™s buddies are part time at best, I found that name confusing, so I am introducing a proper quest epic ally, called Kevin. We already have a Brian, after all.

So I think the rest goes like this. And if the devs ever use any words Iā€™ve used ever again, give me credit @sirrian @nimhain

Kevin: Behold hero, Death isnā€™t dead. The other Horsemen revive him.
Hero: Thatā€™s bad.
Kevin: We can beat them, however. We just need to gather them all at the Conference Centre.
Hero: The what?
Kevin: The suddenly-introduced famous mythical place that youā€™d know about, if you knew anything.
Hero: Oh, that. Knew about that.
Kevin: To get there we must pass through the Gate Of Process Enhancement.
Hero: Whereā€™s that?
Kevin: Very close. But first we must battle a sequence of seemingly random Raksha, Knights, Undead and also my mother.
Hero: Your mother?
Kevin: I was kidding about her. But look, here come lots of inexplicably angry Naga.

[battlesā€¦ x lots]

Kevin: Forsooth! We have vanquished them, and the Gate looms before us.
Hero: Forsooth?
Kevin: I always wanted to say that. This is a fantasy game, after all.
Hero: Say it again and Iā€™ll murder you.
Kevin: Forā€¦ sure. Great. Hey, letā€™s defeat these Daemons guarding the gate.

[battle]

Kevin: We did it! Here is the Conference Centre. Complete with breakout rooms named after random Krystaran towns.
Hero: I hate it here.
Kevin: We need not stay long. Forā€¦ soon the Horsemen will approach.
Hero: Why?
Kevin: I just put up these yellow signs saying ā€˜Apocalypse How: Is The End Of The World That Bad?ā€™. And behold, here they come!
Hero: Behold is going on my murder list too.
Kevin: No time for that, we must face the bringers of the end.
Death: First Iā€™d like to say how grateful we are to get the chance to speak at this event. The Apocalypse has had exceedingly bad press over many ages of men, and itā€™s finally time we show what itā€™s really about.
Hero: Really?
Death: We will start by setting out a nine point itemised agenda and agreeing our core perspectives for this presentation.
War: Iā€™mā€¦ really quite angry.
Famine: Iā€™m starving.
Plague: Say no to penicillin.
Death: Agreed, good brothers, we all find that this surfaces very strong emotional reactions. Itā€™s a contentious subject, forsooth.
Hero: Right, thatā€™s it.

[battle all four Horsemen]

Kevin: We did it! We averted the End Of Days. We will be worshipped and hallowed in lore, forā€¦ ever.
Hero: Great. Letā€™s get out of here.
Kevin: Youā€™re boring. But I will still arbitrarily abandon my amazing new opportunity here at the Conference Centre and instead join your ragtag band of adventurers.
Hero: You donā€™t have to.
Kevin: Nonsense. You need me. I will turn up now and then and invite you to commit genocide against a randomly selected race of beings, in exchange for these little misshapen green gems.
Hero: They look like snot.
Kevin: And I might just come back in a mini-game that lets you craft things. And wear a name badge.
Hero: Welcome aboard then. Forsooth.

14 Likes

That made me laugh more than I care to admit. Except now Iā€™ve admitted it. Therefore, it did not make me laugh more than I cared to admit.

3 Likes

Forsooth my lafter :joy:

1 Like

I donā€™t know how yet, but Iā€™ll find a way to add forsooth in my fanfic story too! Hereā€™s my credit ahead of time!

2 Likes

That quest line is pretty good

That definitely deserved a like.

1 Like

Thank you very much

1 Like