Funny bug due to a recently ascended Skeleton

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I have a team of:
Centaur Scout
Skeleton
Skeleton
Green Slime

I ascended the skeleton from green to blue, but I had used 10 out of 11 skeletons–so I only had one left. I went to go do a revenge battle a couple hours later and Luther appeared and said “A new ally has joined you, hit Edit Teams to add him” etc–and even after hitting Edit Team, Luther’s big fudgin’ hand was trying to guide a troop to my 4th slot.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Ascend someone who you have more than 1 copy of on your main team, but with a limited amount so that one of them will end up disappearing.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Nope, already messed it up, not realizing that this could be posted.

Are platform are you playing on?

This was on PC.

If it changes anything, this is a new PC that I linked to an older account that’s been on an iPhone and a different PC.

I didn’t go past the tutorial at all, so I didn’t see the ‘scene’ of Luther telling me to add a troop yet.

I would contact our support team, they should be able to help. Make sure you give your invite code so they find your hero on our servers.

I don’t need any help! I completely understand the glitch and it did not affect anything in the long run.