Fun games list. Of course Gems of war, but what else is out there

Huh. It’s called “Tiny Quest Heroes” on iOS but “Tiny Quest” on Android. In any case, that’s the one we’re talking about.

Added bonus: the support is as good as for Gems of War, funnily enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

On my tablet, when I am off connection (plane and such) and can’t GoW, I really enjoy Guild of Dungeneering.
Simple yet very deep and fun.

http://www.guildofdungeoneering.com

1 Like

The Tales games are awesome because they’re all local coop (well, more or less-ish), and local coop jrpgs are unicorns. My wife and I have been playing them since the original one. I also like that their writers consistently deconstruct typical tropes, and I appreciate fun deconstructions.

2 Likes

I’m currently loving Into The Breach by Subset Games, makers of Faster Than Light (which is also great). It’s a series of 5-turn-long battles on a small grid, with movement and positioning being very important to success. It kinda drains my brain after a successful run, at which point I can go back to farming GoW.

3 Likes

Already pre ordered this one FAR CRY 5 - 17 Minutes of Gameplay Demo (PS4 XBOX ONE PC) - Developer Walkthrough 2017 - YouTube

Looks like more of the same but I`m a big fan of the saga :yum:

1 Like

I’m currently playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Life is Strange. I love both of them! I’m always a sucker for RPG’s and narrative heavy games, so these have both been a dream come true.

2 Likes

Did you ever play Parasite Eve from back in the Original PlayStation days?

It was a gem of a Squaresoft game that never got much critical acclaim. Great story telling and cool combat system.

1 Like

I love Parasite Eve! I also love all the old Shin Megami Tensei games.

2 Likes

Ok, @Saltypatra. Let’s go deeper down the rabbit hole…

Did you ever play Saga Frontier???

1 Like

I’m knee deep in both NA and JP servers of Fate/Grand Order.

1 Like

Also a JRPG lovers, even if I stop to PS2…

On PS, the most underrated JRPG is certainly Grandia. Wild Arms and Breath of Fire 3 are quite closed.
All of them are really great games.
Suikoden 1 and 2 are quite nice too.
Finally there is also Legend of Mana (a Seiken Densetsu).
EDIT: forget about Legend of Legaia and his cool combat system. And Legend of Dragoon which is awesome.
All of them can be easily emulated on whatever computer :wink: .

For now, I mostly enjoy Rogue-like platformers. The best one that I have is Dead Cells.
And casually, I play to Diablo 3…

2 Likes

I bought Saga Frontier solely because at the time it was the only way to get the “movie” prequel to FFX-2. :smile:

2 Likes

That was Unlimited Saga :wink: .

1 Like

Ah. Thank you for the correction. Memory fades in old age. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh man I love the Breath of Fire games, especially 2!!!

1 Like

There is a little game that caught my attention recently:

Seems fun.

1 Like
2 Likes