Frostbite only freezes first troop

Platform, device version and operating system:

Android

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I chained Diviner and green sweet back and forth, triggering the frostmage Frostbite trait 10 times in one turn. Only the first enemy was frozen. This seems statistically very unlikely.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since I unlocked frostbite I haven’t seen it freeze anyone but first troop.

Steps to make it happen again
Enter a battle using frostmage with frostbite teait unlocked
Cast spells to trigger frostbite
See if troops other than first are frozen

1 Like

Hey, Frostbite only has a 25% chance to freeze a random enemy on spell cast so it’s possible that Frostbite didn’t trigger at all or at least only triggered once or twice, which makes it possible that only the first troop was frozen.

We’ll check it out anyway to be sure though!

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it!

Just wanted to let you know, I watched my Frostmage every time I cast a spell to check if Frostbite was triggering or not, to ensure I got a reasonable sample size of occurrences.

P.S. I love Gems of War. Thanks for all your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you please let us know if this happens again just so we can confirm it wasn’t a very unlucky once off?

I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue.

This is still happening to me. In hundreds of battles, my Frostbite has never targeted anyone but the first enemy. I PM’d you a video.

A guild mate said it’s working for them, so maybe there’s another factor here in reproducing it. :frowning:

I’ve tried changing:

• Appearance
  • Talents
  • Weapons
  • Enemies (PvP, Explore, Delve, Pet rescue, etc… same problem in all)
  • Pet
  • Class (switched classes and came back)

With no luck… Frostbite just can’t get past that first spot.

If there’s anything else I can try that would be helpful, please let me know.

I second this issue. I have yet to see my Frostmage freeze anything but the first troop.

I wasn’t paying close enough attention to start a thread, but I’ve been watching closely since I switched and it definitely is happening to me, both PC and IOS.

Personal bias, it typically freezes the 1st enemy a majority of the time, more than I care for. Very rare that it freezes anything past that, but it does happen infrequently. Rare enough that you can’t rely on it to freeze anything more than the 1st troop. (not to be confused with Snap Freeze, freeze at the start of battle)

I can confirm it as well (playing on PC).
I tested it in casual pvp with Alchemist/Hellcat/Titania loop team on 1x speed (so that nobody could say I didn’t notice things because they happened too fast).

So, Snap Freeze talent targeted random slots, but during an hour or so of playing I saw Frostbite applied only to the first slot. I paid close attention - Frostbite message pops up only when the trait actually triggers and it makes things easier. Not a single instance of targeting a different slot while the first one is alive; if the first slot died, Frostbite targeted the new first slot. When the new first slot died, Frostbite targeted next first slot. If the first slot had freeze immunity, there was always an “Insulated” popping up along with “Frostbite” message.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I’ve created a bug report for this.