Friend List, Chat & Live PvP

I’m definitely looking forward to anything better to play against than the AI. :smiley:

And I am also missing some more interaction with other players.

1 Like

Im waiting very long for normal guild chat and possibility to talk with other players on priv.
And PvP against real people sounds GREAT!!!

Or, if actual pvp isn’t supported by the game engine, how about the next best thing?

Oops, nevermind then… :sweat:

Clarification… NO REAL TIME PVP PLANNED.
Sorry guys, I interpreted the question in a completely different way!

You can CHOOSE a friend to fight (rather than simply having the option to fight a random opponent), but it will still be the AI controlling them

Sounds great! i will fight only lvl 1000 players,show them what for! :smile:

With all due respect… Wouldn’t that be an Enemy List instead of a Friend List? :sweat:

More like a Rival List. You know what they say, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer! :smiling_imp:

This game needs real time pvp im vip 7 nd in 2 weeks ill be vip 10 but if u dont bring real time pvp soon or atleast plan to me and me friends are all going to quit playing we wanna vs each other nd you havent made that possible nd just to be clear thats around 60 players quiting the game atleast 8-10 are vip 9-10

I appreciate others wanting that feature. But I have the completely opposite view here. I despise “live” PvP. I play GoW because I do not have to put up with that nonsense. /flee /run to the hills

2 Likes

Same here. Would I like a smarter AI or the ability to customize the AI for your defense team? Heck ya I’m all for that! But having to wait for real time opponents then having to put up with timer stall tactics (you know it’ll happen)? Ain’t nobody got time for that! That was actually one of the factors to get me away from Hearthstone, having what would be a quick 5 min match drag out to over 15-20 min because of trolls taking every turn down to the last second.

Perhaps they’re could be both a normal and realtime opponent feature in the future…

1 Like

Exactly! And if they ever get heavily medicated and create a PvP Live approach, I just hope they remember those of us who love the current mechanics and continue making improvements to that, too.

No worries, it’s not in the foreseen future.
@Sirrian never officially said it would not happened, but he always hinted it.

Live PvP is on our list to investigate some time. It’s not on our schedule for the next few months though.
But even if it were implemented, it would be an addition to the game, rather than a replacement of the current system.

Short term, I’d rather spend time working on a way to tweak & customize your defense AI & review its effectiveness… I’d actually find that to be quite fun.

5 Likes

I like this idea and +1 it.

I feel like the best option for real time PvP would be a mini-game for a kingdom, very similar to that of actual PvP, where all matches are real time. Basically a mix of Arena + PvP + real time.

Or have real time PvP available only for those in your Rival/Friend List. Ideally you would all know each other, and would be able to avoid all the underhanded time-stall real time shenanigans. Worst case scenario, you could just unfriend 'em.

I do agree with Live PvP being something that the game would feel a lot better with. Moreover apart from bringing more interesting matches because players are obviously better than the AI, having live PvP would also enable tournaments and other esports events which would be great to see on Gems of War.

The devs have said many times that they won’t add live pvp to this iteration of GoW because it doesn’t have the framework to support it. Basically, they’d need to make a GoW 2 to make that happen.

Oh, my. A _ four-year_ necro?

2 Likes