Freedom of speech

freedom of speech isnt allowed in global, ive noticed that people are getting banned over the stupidest things and the devs are taking there power to far. also when filing a ticket over a ban how convenience it is that the dev that issued the ban is the one who looks into it, to me someone else should review that ban cause really you know that dev isnt going to omit he/she was wrong so to me thats unfair, the best thing i can say is no talk in global or youll get a ban. that report button is being misused period. this is my opinion only

1 Like

Well, you see, if you check the roadmap post, you’ll find that Team CX put ‘Rename to Team X’ on the 2023 roadmap.

Objectively, it’s a much cooler name.

But for that to happen, Team CX needs to lose the C part - the community. It’s been a long process, but this year it looks like they’ll finally be able to mop up the last remnants of the community.

Team X! No more community! Only eXperience! Go X-Lords! X to the maX!

Now if you’ll eXcuse me. I have a ban waiting for me.

Tips hat.

8 Likes

Free speech isn’t a thing.

Australia does not have freedom of speech. Censorship (banning games for using the real names of illicit substances only) and forced speech (tobacco companies forced to print horrific images of cancer in products) are normal and legal in Australia.

Even if Australia had anything like the US first amendment, it still isn’t a thing. Only the government is restrained by the first amendment. Video game companies aren’t the government outside of communist countries, and communist countries dont have free speech either.

You can be given rules to follow in a game that limit what you can say and do. Your compliance with the rules is a condition of continued access (called Terms of Service). If you fail to comply, your access can legally be limited or blocked, no matter how much time and money you’ve spent.

These “free speech” arguments only demonstrate how uneducated the people making them are AND…

THEY ARE ONE OF MANY REASONS THE DEVS THINK WE ARE ALL STUPID

3 Likes

Your mistake is using global. Most guilds are pretty chill/tolerant but you should assume global is not.

1 Like

yes we are free to say what we want but you are not free to be a … [insert expletive here]

1 Like